Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  > Do we choose who we love?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 stephaniezowie
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Do we choose who we love?Page 1 of 2    (1, 2)
I don't think we can decide who we love.
I never understood the ppl who believe that.
Would be nice though if I could.
 Landra
Msg: 10
Do we choose who we love?
Posted: 2/1/2009 3:35:56 PM
There's a big difference between "falling in love" and
"entering into a relationship".
The former is all about infatuation, lust, and feelings.
The latter is about a partnership. It's a decision.
 cookie22222
Msg: 14
view profile
History
Posted: 2/2/2009 7:00:39 AM
The heart wants what the heart wants...we can nip things in the bud, or walk away when we know it isn't good for us - but that doesn't mean we chose to love - we just did. I can think of plenty of fun, attractive, good men I've met - who I knew I wasn't going to love. It makes me sad sometimes. Of course, not everyone is the same - love can mean very different things to people, and can, I believe, have depths and nuances that vary from person to person. But personally I'm amazed that anyone thinks they can control their hearts is either deluded - hasn't met "the one" - or only using half of it.
 _jay_see_
Msg: 21
Posted: 2/7/2009 11:13:45 PM
I think we can't choose, and for that reason, I've cut love out of my life entirely, since it tends to be uncontrolled and to cause more problems than it supposedly "solves".
 dannyr0697
Msg: 23
view profile
History
Posted: 2/8/2009 1:12:14 PM
Absolutely NOT.
Hence the saying,"You can lead a heart to love, but you can't make it fall."

I have female friends, right now, this minute, any one of which could be mine IF I could make myself love them. Great ladies all. But friends only. (sigh)

Anyway, Absolutely NOT.

L8TR
Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  > Do we choose who we love?