Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  > Benefit cheats.... what more can be done ?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 badge73
Msg: 5
view profile
History
Benefit cheats.... what more can be done ?Page 1 of 5    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5)
how do you know theres nothing wrong with the man an his stick jules?
 badge73
Msg: 14
view profile
History
Benefit cheats.... what more can be done ?
Posted: 2/2/2009 7:39:21 AM
Well he must be fiddling his and the social to then? i live in a 3rd floor flat an yes use a stick does that me a cheat? ill agree bout women claiming there alone an loads do it round my way but theres worse crimes ie millionairs fiddling tax accounts
 badge73
Msg: 23
view profile
History
Posted: 2/2/2009 9:53:40 AM
Well hope you get proof before doing that crumpet? its all well everyone gobbing off an relying on the word of estates gossips, an yes every estate has one an there usually the main offenders.
 badge73
Msg: 33
view profile
History
Posted: 2/2/2009 11:03:38 AM
What would you thnk of the person who reportd them jules? happy,sad,upset? i wouldnt report (grass) on anyone as got to much pressure in my own life and do thnk its down to a bit of jealousy etc
 badge73
Msg: 37
view profile
History
Posted: 2/2/2009 12:07:18 PM
Ahh the family arguement jules lol if i were you i wouldnt say nowt as it will work itself right in the end an you really dont want social/councils knowing all your family business an off cause it will go in the papers etc. inbox if ya want advice jules
 badge73
Msg: 51
view profile
History
Posted: 2/2/2009 4:37:14 PM
question jules, if your employer askd you to do an extra hour at work an gave you an extra 15 quid cash in your hand. would you run down the tax office and hand yourself in??
 badge73
Msg: 52
view profile
History
Posted: 2/2/2009 4:37:23 PM
question jules, if your employer askd you to do an extra hour at work an gave you an extra 15 quid cash in your hand. would you run down the tax office and hand yourself in??
 Warrencraig
Msg: 54
view profile
History
Posted: 2/2/2009 4:59:35 PM
cheeky jules, with all due respect YOUR and my taxes are paying for your nieces to cheat the system.
Reporting them is totally anonymous and to be honest they are better off getting caught now so they learn a lesson before things spiral to the point of prison and owing DWP tens of thousands of pounds and basically being screwed for years.
 Warrencraig
Msg: 58
view profile
History
Posted: 2/3/2009 2:29:11 AM
Sportswriter, its not just the lower class on the dole because of the recession. Its effecting the middle and lower class's just as much. Main difference is the true middle class's usually have a financial buffer the lower classes dont. Having a BMW 3 series doesnt make some one middle class either!!!
 badge73
Msg: 64
view profile
History
Posted: 2/3/2009 4:13:54 AM
jules can you or anyone like to answer my question in msg 57 and 58 (double posting my browser had a hissy fit lmao) thanks
 Warrencraig
Msg: 65
view profile
History
Posted: 2/3/2009 4:15:59 AM

And I think there is a problem with our parents teaching us to be too honest.. I wish my son is not so naive and so academical.. one of his friends doesn't know how to sign his name but is so good with words and in situations, I always said the boy will have a better life than my son once they are older..

Theres a BIG difference between honesty and naivity.

I agree the two often go together in childhood, but thats not the case in adulthood. Plenty of people live lives honestly yet you wouldnt describe them as naive.

Being academical has its advantages if thats the kind of career he wishes to pursue. Theres plenty of professors, teachers, lecturers, reasearchers, scientists etc who have good lifes.

Having the "gift of the gab" can be useful. Your sons friend may well do well in sales but ultimately he will get to the point where a poor education will hold him back. The core skills of a good education will always stand you in good stead. Your son can learn social skills and the art of conversation and dealing with people. I presume hes still in his teens??? if so plenty of time.

I do agree single mums find it hard in the employment sector but that doesnt excuse cheating the benefit system.

TBH its not the decent single mums i worry about as the money goes on the kids, its the delinquent single mothers, unemployed men etc who waste all thier money on drugs/alcohol/branded chav clothing etc rather than spending it on thier kid!!! Not to mention the blokes doing cash in hand work despite supposedly being on incapacity for a bad back!!

Yes there will always be cheats in a system but it should be minimised as much as possible and im not convinced it is at a minimum level. Not to mention the hundreds of thousands of people (who arent parents) who just simply dont want to work.
 badge73
Msg: 67
view profile
History
Posted: 2/3/2009 9:20:54 AM
Tsk jules, that would be tax fraud an evasion. as an ex self employed builder that would be way more serious then benefit fraud lol trust me the benefits agency are nowt compared to the inland revenue and customs lol
 badge73
Msg: 84
view profile
History
Posted: 2/6/2009 11:42:28 PM
Well said jcl1, and some very wise words said there. lets put it another way, steal ten pounds off the tax man your a thief, steal a million pounds and your an accountant/politician/trader/businessman go figure??
 Warrencraig
Msg: 90
view profile
History
Posted: 2/8/2009 8:52:13 PM

Oh and for the righteous claimants....we can always refund the difference

Major flaw with that is theres a lot of vulnerable people who dont have family or other support and what happens when they havent been able to pay thier rent?? they get homeless. Not to mention eating, paying for prescriptions etc.

Good idea but flawed.
 Warrencraig
Msg: 91
view profile
History
Posted: 2/9/2009 2:55:45 AM
true but I cant see this government doing anything that puts people on the streets!!
Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  > Benefit cheats.... what more can be done ?