Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Profile Reviews  > Asking for profile review.      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 You go first
Msg: 9
Asking for profile review.Page 1 of 1    
Hi - while you're in 'edit' mode....

... apparently you need to put commas between the words in the Interests field to make them searchables. Why not add "Knives" or "Weaponry"? You never know who may be searching those same words.....

... you've got that you're Looking For: FRIENDS. This is a Dating site and the majority of women here are looking for a boyfriend. Not a boy who is a friend, but a romantic partner. I would strongly recommend you change that to Dating and then you can take the pace as fast or slow as you like. And you just may end up making a few new friends.....

.... There are a few sentences that are really negative and make you sound clinically depressed. (anything with the word "Don't" can go...)

.... The first date idea of having a girl go to the home of a relative stranger alone really won't fly. Especially with your emphasis on darkness. How about making the first date more of the Niagara walkabout and set up the dinner date for a later tease? I love the food talk.....
 You go first
Msg: 11
Asking for profile review.
Posted: 4/4/2009 8:29:40 AM
This is coming along nicely.

Please delete this line in its entirety:
In terms of true relationships, I have only had one. I thought it would last and I was engaged but it didnt That's nobody's business.

Are you 'just' a cook, or do you have some type of specialty? It sounds like you are especially good at Italian cooking. That may need to go up closer to the top of your profile, as long as you throw in that you do the dishes after, too.... ! Do you have enough experience to call yourself a Chef yet? (I'm sorry, I don't know if there really is a difference but one seems more casual and the other sounds like a career and it's all about perception, isn't it!)

Where you talk about one day opening a restaurant and getting published, you use the word "support". This may come across to some as financially supporting you. Why not change that particular word to "Inspire"? Same meaning, not as scary.
 LuvU4Now
Msg: 13
Asking for profile review.
Posted: 4/4/2009 5:04:08 PM
Dude - If you are trying to attract attention from the CIA then job well done. OMG!
Show ALL Forums  > Profile Reviews  > Asking for profile review.