Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Poems And Quotes  > Famous Geek Quotes and Sayings      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 BuffaloGalLooking
Msg: 1
Famous Geek Quotes and SayingsPage 1 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
I noticed my "Let your GEEK Flag Fly!!" thread, was suspiciously deleted. Kind of sad. It was fun, and it allowed a lot of POF geeks, to find each other, and make new friends.

So, I'm starting a new thread: Famous Geek Quotes and Sayings

... so, what are some of your favorite quotes, as made by famous geeks, nerds, or even freaks -- or, even anonymous/unknown geek quotes.

I have so many, and I am always looking for new ones. I'll kick it off with my 2 all time favorite ones:

"I would love to change the world, but they won't give me the source code."

- Unknown

"Sometimes when you innovate, you make mistakes. It is best to admit them quickly, and get on with improving your other innovations. "

- Steve Jobs
 BuffaloGalLooking
Msg: 2
Famous Geek Quotes and Sayings
Posted: 2/6/2009 8:22:38 AM
How in the world, is this a "chat topic" ??? If this area is "OFF TOPIC" ... we should be able to have a thread where we can share favorite quotes. That's not "chatty" ... it's inspirational and educational.

How sad that people have nothing better to do than troll around, looking to rain on other people's sunny days.

It's not very geeky, but I tell you, this whole troll and flag thing, makes me want to share this:

"Pay no attention to the faults of others,
things done or left undone by others.
Consider only what by oneself is done or left undone."

~ Buddha
 Lion_of_Ireland
Msg: 3
Posted: 2/6/2009 8:33:03 AM
"Its better to be silent and thought a fool, then to open ones mouth and remove all doubt." Thomas Jefferson

"Admiral your a genius!" Said the Captain.
"A genius?" he replied. " A genius would have found a way to avoid this war" Admiral Yamamoto
 CoAstroGeek
Msg: 4
view profile
History
Posted: 2/6/2009 8:50:34 AM
"When I'm working on a problem, I never think about beauty. I think only how to solve the problem. But when I have finished, if the solution is not beautiful, I know it is wrong."

R. Buckminster Fuller
 BuffaloGalLooking
Msg: 5
Posted: 2/6/2009 8:53:10 AM
OMG... that reminds me of a Star Trek quote...

Leonard Nimoy(Spock): Your use of language has altered since our arrival. It is currently laced with, shall we say, more colorful metaphors, "double dumb-ass on you" and so forth.

William Shatner (Kirk): Oh, you mean the profanity?

Leonard Nimoy(Spock): Yes.

William Shatner (Kirk): Well that's simply the way they talk here. Nobody pays any attention to you unless you swear every other word.

Connor-19
Msg: 6
Posted: 2/6/2009 8:56:50 AM
MORE DOTS

Dunno if anyone will know what that's from.
 snapcase
Msg: 7
Posted: 2/6/2009 9:10:49 AM
For man had succeeded in destroying the world, but war... war never changes." Fallout 3
 Ezzee
Msg: 8
Posted: 2/6/2009 9:15:24 AM
Remember everyone, there are 10 types of people in the world: those who know binary and those who don't.
 Ideoform
Msg: 9
view profile
History
Posted: 2/6/2009 9:35:25 AM
FIFO

First In First Out

GIGO

Garbage In, Garbage Out

WYSIWYG

What you see is what you get.

Garbage In, Gospel Out

"Decision-makers increasingly face computer-generated information and analyses that could be collected and analyzed in no other way. Precisely for that reason, going behind that output is out of the question, even if one has good cause to be suspicious. In short, the computer analysis becomes the gospel."

~Daniel T. Brooks, Brandon Becker and Jerry R. Marlatt

"I refuse to prove that I exist," says God, "for proof denies faith, and without faith I am nothing."
"But," says Man, "the Babel fish is a dead giveaway isn't it? It could not have evolved by chance. It proves you exist, and so therefore, by your own arguments, you don't. QED."
"Oh dear," says God, "I hadn't thought of that," and promptly vanishes in a puff of logic.
"Oh, that was easy," says Man, and for an encore goes on to prove that black is white and gets himself killed on the next zebra crossing. "

~The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy
 Gangster Kitten
Msg: 10
Posted: 2/6/2009 9:49:24 AM
"War. War never changes." - Ron Perlman

"If there is anything I have learned in my travels across the Planes, it is that many things may change the nature of a man. Whether regret, or love, or revenge or fear - whatever you believe can change the nature of a man, can. I’ve seen belief move cities, make men stave off death, and turn an evil hag's heart half-circle. This entire Fortress has been constructed from belief. Belief damned a woman, whose heart clung to the hope that another loved her when he did not. Once, it made a man seek immortality and achieve it. And it has made a posturing spirit think it is something more than a part of me. "

- The Nameless One
 ILGAL_00
Msg: 11
Posted: 2/6/2009 9:54:30 AM
"did you try rebooting" ?

-- every IT person i ever called
 Not The Cable Guy
Msg: 12
view profile
History
Posted: 2/6/2009 11:06:47 AM
"We've isolated the problem (Sir / Ma'am), and it is terminally rooted between the chair and the keyboard"

- What every IT tech (including myself) has always wanted to say at some point; but opted to to keep their jobs instead...
 Tripp89
Msg: 13
Posted: 2/6/2009 11:16:45 AM
"I am Andrew Ryan, and I want to ask you a question. Is a man not entitled to the sweat of his brow?

No, says the man in Washington, it belongs to us.
No, says the man in the Kremlin, it belongs to the people.
No, says the man in the Vatican, it belongs to God.

I rejected those theories. I instead chose... Rapture" -Andrew Ryan

"I know not how World war 3 will be fought, but World War 4 will be fought with sticks and stones." -Albert Einstein

"When pin is pulled, Mr. Grenade is not our friend." I only know that from Call of Duty 4 :I
 burke001
Msg: 14
view profile
History
Posted: 2/6/2009 11:26:39 AM
1+1=10

There are 10 types of people in this world: those who understand binary, and those who don't.
 CoAstroGeek
Msg: 15
view profile
History
Posted: 2/6/2009 12:39:31 PM
"In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice.
In practice, there is."
 Mr.Clean18
Msg: 16
Posted: 2/6/2009 12:53:55 PM
The door is ajar!The door is ajar!
 Not The Cable Guy
Msg: 17
view profile
History
Posted: 2/6/2009 12:55:03 PM
Hey, can Greeks be Geeks, too?...

"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors. " - Plato
 BuffaloGalLooking
Msg: 18
Posted: 2/6/2009 1:05:01 PM
Of course Greeks can be geeks!! Some of the most famous philosophers of our time, were Greek ... and TOTALLY geeky!!

"There are two sides to every question."

~ Protagoras
 spacetolet
Msg: 19
Posted: 2/6/2009 2:35:05 PM
Hi Buffalo Gal!

Sorry your previous thread got deleted.

I tried to email you but I am too old and female for your inbox.

I was going to secretly suggest that you try re-posting in the Science/Philosophy forum.

It seems to me that it would certainly be well-received there.
 PAClassyLady
Msg: 20
Me? A geek? HAHAHAHAHA Wait... Ummm, nevermind.
Posted: 2/6/2009 3:47:00 PM
buffalogal, that Star Trek quote led to one of my favorites of all time. After that exchange, someone asked Spock "How the H3ll are ya?" to which he replied "I the H3ll am fine." To this day, I never hear the "How the H3ll" line without wanting to respond in kind. And yes, there is a flashing geek light on my forehead. I started a "geek jokes" thread in Humor and it is being added to daily. I feel especially geeky for laughing at:
C:\
C:\DOS
C:\DOS\RUN
RUN\DOS\RUN!

Shoot me now.
 BuffaloGalLooking
Msg: 21
Posted: 2/6/2009 4:22:11 PM
Hey BBW2love!!!! Sorry about that!! I fixed my settings, I didn't even know half of those were there!! Wow.

Yeah... the "Let your geek flag fly" thread was wiped, I'm guessing for being a "attention seeking" post, which is kind of funny. Is trying to make new friends, attention seeking? I'm new to all this forum rule stuff.

And someone tried to wipe this one too, by flagging it as a "chat thread" ... so who knows, it may go poof, too, If it does, I'll hop over to that area you suggested!! I didn't even know this place had one!!!
 HarDayKnight
Msg: 22
Posted: 2/6/2009 4:32:37 PM
There's not a geek alive who hasn't said, "Live long and prosper." at least once.

Geek locker-room humor:

"How much RAM do you have?"
"Bend over and I'll show you." *snort**snort*
 Lion_of_Ireland
Msg: 23
Posted: 2/6/2009 5:10:33 PM
"I'm a computer operator at a petroleum distribution center ok!"

"So your a cashier at a gas station?"

"yeah."
 spacetolet
Msg: 24
Posted: 2/6/2009 5:33:25 PM

There's not a geek alive who hasn't said, "Live long and prosper." at least once.

Amen.

I mean Nanu Nanu!
 EvilLolli
Msg: 25
view profile
History
Posted: 2/6/2009 7:33:13 PM
My favorite one from Latin class....

"Ubi O ubi est mea sub ubi?"

Translation:

"Where oh where is my underwear?"

Bad I know but I still while say it for giggles and grins. I also know several others in Latin, funny what sticks in your head.
Show ALL Forums  > Poems And Quotes  > Famous Geek Quotes and Sayings