Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Missouri  > Fishies Float Trip on the Huzzah Jun 12-14th      View All Events   Home login  
 AUTHOR
 terry40
Msg: 1
view profile
History
Fishies Float Trip on the Huzzah Jun 12-14thPage 1 of 8    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8)
Floating and/or camping trip

Where: Ozark Outdoors Riverfront Resort
Leasburg, mo across the river from Onondoga Cave & State Park

When: June 12th -14th 2009
Host: Terry40
What: camping and float trip on courtois-huzzah-Meramec rivers
Phone: 800-888-0023
Webpage: http://www.ozarkoutdoors.net/

The link above will send you to their page for the prices of camping and lodging , maps of the resort and directions to get there. Also maps of the rivers to float and pictures(its where the Bull does their annual float). It’s a very nice and professional setup.
I will be reserving group site 5, it’s a section to accommodate camping and right next to the rv section for people that have campers to keep all close. Lodging of all sorts is available(for you city slickers), too many options to post here but are on their site. When you call to make your reservations, they’ll need to know how many camping, what you want to float on(canoe, rafts, or kayaks), USE reservation number: 80167 with that # they know where we’re floating and your with POF.
Weekends - $10.00 per adults 13 & over, $6.00 ages 8 to 12, + tax. (kids 7 and under free).
Weekdays - $7.50 per adults 13 & over, $4.50 ages 8 to 12, + tax. (kids 7 and under free).
Canoes are $23 per person, kayaks are $28, and rafts are different rates per number of ppl.

This is my first event but not my first float, so any questions just email me and I can hopefully answer them. It’s really a slow easy fun float, just remember that though it’s an off holiday weekend but it is a party section of the river, so please use you own discretion for bringing children.
If your wanting to float on kayaks or a raft, its best to call early, those usually gone about 2 weeks before the weekend.
Following Members are Attending This Party... Average Member Brings Along 3 Guests

alpinebryon

dobbs571

hippyguy007

katfish992

kim2054

maof3sweeties

MiaAngel001

sammicurtis

sassybrat71

sinlov

slimya1

sudie1054

suepug1122

SwtButterfly74

terry40

wildone43

16 people are attending
 alpinebryon
Msg: 2
view profile
History
Fishies Float Trip on the Huzzah
Posted: 2/7/2009 2:30:01 PM
I'm in I'm all ways up for a float
 terry40
Msg: 3
view profile
History
Posted: 2/7/2009 3:43:16 PM
when it gets approved we can have ppl sign up, i've got ozark ready
 alpinebryon
Msg: 4
view profile
History
Posted: 2/7/2009 10:31:27 PM
OOOOOOOOOOO I hear ya mate.I have been waiting for warm weather so I can go out paddlen since the first of November
 suepug1122
Msg: 5
Posted: 2/8/2009 7:56:31 PM
Count me in!! I'll be back when you get green linked !! Woo Hooo....
 TheKidof72
Msg: 6
Posted: 2/8/2009 8:11:20 PM
Definatly count me in. I have been camping at Ozark Outdoors for years and they have always been really great.

Keep in mind, for those that like to stay up late partying at night at their campsite, they do have a Late Nite camping area which doesn't have quiet time till about 2am. The group and Family area has quiet time at 11 pm.
 sporty_ambie09
Msg: 7
Posted: 2/8/2009 9:42:13 PM
I'm ready for a float .... so count me in as well....but I'm going to have to check something, because I may have a family wedding this weekend.
 HarleyKat~
Msg: 8
Posted: 2/9/2009 12:40:59 PM
YEAH Terry! You got it linked...LOL....

and NOW, my "schedule party" link is showing...whattup with that?? LOL
 terry40
Msg: 9
view profile
History
Posted: 2/9/2009 2:43:24 PM
Welcome abroad, thanks to kat and bryon, I got it though lol. Ozark is a great place, we usually camp across the river but the state park wouldnt be big enough for anything larger then a few ppl and no lodges or rooms. I'm glad ppl are signing up already cause this is more then just a nite out lol. Have to do a little planing.
I'll have a camper at rv site 1618, its right next to the group camping. Like i mentioned earlier, they have 2-12 man rafts and hotel style lodging, if your interested in them might want to reserve early.
Any questions about anything dont hestiated to email me. If you dont have camping gear just ask, might be able find someone with room.
I know its a long way off, but this way there's plenty of time to prepare for it.
terry
 alpinebryon
Msg: 10
view profile
History
Posted: 2/9/2009 3:12:29 PM
Well Terry if you need any help with any thing give me a hollar.I have a couple of tents people can use.Both are small ones a 3 person backerpacker style of tent and a 4 person dome tent But I have only one sleeping bag that someone can use if needed I'll be sleeping in my camper van.Plus I have a 12x14 screened room plus several dinning canopys that can be set up in case of rain.I have my own kayaks that I will be using and some one can use my 8ft white water kayak if they know how to Yak ha ha.
ISYOTR Bryon
 alpinebryon
Msg: 11
view profile
History
Posted: 2/9/2009 3:18:19 PM
Hey Terry one thing you should make up a party thread like I did so people know that there is a float on the Huzzaw so they can see it in the threads
 HarleyKat~
Msg: 12
Posted: 2/10/2009 6:21:54 AM
I am gonna talk to my (adult) kids about this one...it is the weekend of my oldest sons 26th birthday...and he loves to float...so we may end up joining...not sure this early on.

My only concern would be that I WANT to be in the party area! LOL Just to have the option open to me, if nothing else...but typically, yes, I am a party person! (Duh!) It's kinda funny, cause a lot of weekend floats I have done...if I don't nap in the middle of the day, I am OUT early, from spending alllll day in the sun and water.

Also, are you planning for everyone to just BYOFood and fend for self...or is there gonna be a potluck night?

I have no clue what your last post means, Bryon...make a thread about the thread? LOL That's actually against the rules. LOL But you can copy the info into your profile...and I will list both of your links a little further down the road, on my "party of the moment" section of my profile. :O)
 terry40
Msg: 13
view profile
History
Posted: 2/10/2009 7:25:41 AM
I'm just reserving group section 5 in the family area, to have a common area, you dont have to camp there lol. Quiet time is like 11pm, I'm the same way, spending all day on the river, not likely going to be up real late partying more, well not til 2am, but you never know. We went to huzzah valley and camped in the party section, got back from floating, all the ppl we hooked up with all passed out when they got back to camp hehehehe.
I'm not posting this as an adult only trip, family's are more then welcome, i just posted a warning cause a top or two sometimes fall off lol. Also MO state is trying to pass a law for ALL mo rivers, no jello shots, beer bongs, or kegs on the river. Right now its limited to reserves like current and black rivers. But its illegal to have glass or sirafloam coolers on river.
We can do a big pot luck dinner after the float Saturday, I'll see if i can find a big BBQ pit and bring some tables to set up. When we get about a month out, i'll bring it up and ppl can email what they'd like to bring.
Ok i better get back to work lol
terry40
 alpinebryon
Msg: 14
view profile
History
Posted: 2/10/2009 9:13:03 AM
Kat I was talking about a forum thread.It is all ready ILLEGAL to have kegs,jello shots,beer bongs,glass, sirofoam coolers and flashing on the Missouri rivers river plus no more than 12 pack per person that law was passed two years ago.If I am not mistaken Terry the group site's all ready have picnic tables and a fire pit with a grill top on it.(well the last time i stayed there they did????
 terry40
Msg: 15
view profile
History
Posted: 2/10/2009 10:36:59 AM
Thats only on federal own parks and waterways, Huzzah and meramac are state ran but Its still littering if jello shots fall in the river, nudity in public(yea illegal anywhere lol),beer bongs and kegs arnt illegal yet, but the talk is it will be by memorial weekend. Not sure on off holiday weekends but on holidays we've seen the Men in Black coming running out of the woods at some of the popular sandbars busting for underage drinking and drugs. Its freakin funny lol.

They do have pits and picnic tables, thier small pits, but i was thinking a bigger pit to do up pork steaks, hamburgers and hot dogs, that way everyone can hang out there and the tables are to put the food on.
Just a thought, we have a few months lol
 terry40
Msg: 16
view profile
History
Posted: 2/11/2009 4:30:28 AM
I bet being in the dangerous desert, a nice cool stream will feel great.
 HarleyKat~
Msg: 17
Posted: 2/11/2009 7:02:01 AM
Wow...I would suggest calling the rangers or the actual campground office, cause I just looked up the rules on alcohol and got two different things, from two recent pages...not old ones. Basically, all they say is alcohol is DEFINITELY permitted on your personal campsite but NOT in beach areas, parking lots, and off road vehicle areas. The other one included beach areas as being allowed. Too confusing!

But these sound as if alcohol is not allowed on the water at all? Are there seperate rules for Missouri State Parks and Missouri rivers??

Edit to add:

Wow...interesting! In searching for this info, I discovered this page:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alcohol_laws_of_Missouri

It says Missouri is a state with some of the most permissive rules for alcohol!
 terry40
Msg: 18
view profile
History
Posted: 2/11/2009 7:48:34 AM
wow i just read the wikipedia, very interesting. Ok heres the deal:
If Senate Bill 2 passes
it would be a misdemeanor to:
• Beer bongs would be prohibited
• Jello shots or any other alcoholic substance produced in gelatin form would be banned
• Possessing or using any large volume alcohol containers that hold more than one gallon would be outlawed
• Styrofoam coolers on or within 50 feet of the river, unless in a campground. picnic area, landing, road or parking lot.
I got this from MO gov page. These laws are already in effect for federal ran rivers, current , black and a few more. Now the state wants them on all the rest and will probably be in effect before memorial day, your state government in the works lol.
The basic guide lines i suggest: NO drugs, glass containers, Styrofoam, jello shots, beer bongs, coolers over 48qts (thats still a big cooler lol).
Personally from my experience, those are good rules, no reason to get trashed on the river. Those ppl are usually the ones you see on the front of a raft or canoe like a deer on a car hood lol. Also bring water or juice to drink on the river, alcohol and the sun, are a ruff combo on the body
 HarleyKat~
Msg: 19
Posted: 2/11/2009 10:40:40 AM
Terry...grrrr!!! (Kidding... )

Well, I get some of it...other parts I am pondering. And being a curious Kat, that bugs me! LOL

Beer bongs...ugh...beer is filling enough as it is...and iffen I wanna toss one back really fast, there is always the ole' hole in the can trick! I am assuming this one has to do with people getting TOO inebriated, TOO quickly? Or the headrush on the water, factor?

Jello shots & Styrofoam coolers kinda confuses me! I mean, I imagine the styrofoam coolers is a environmental thing...possibly the same for the jello shot cups since so many are tardo about keeping their garbage secured?
 alpinebryon
Msg: 20
view profile
History
Posted: 2/11/2009 11:50:48 AM
OK On the beer bong thing.I talked with the Missouri Water Partol and the ban on thing like that is only on the senic rivers that include the Jacks fork,Current,11 point and the North fork.But since the Jacks fork and the current are the only fedral rivers.The fedral goverment and the state all concider the North fork and the 11 point national senice rivers.But the thing with jello shot are the little plastic cups that are made in.You can still make them in ice cube trays and put them in plastic bags they work that way quite well and with Syrofoam coolers are band even by the state for many years because they break way to easy and plus they are very enviromently unfriendy
 terry40
Msg: 21
view profile
History
Posted: 2/11/2009 12:00:24 PM
Yea the reason for the jello shots and Styrofoam is cause they dont biodegrade. Every floating resort supplies trash bags, but canoes tip lol. The state is banning the bongs and alot of booze cause their getting so many complains that the river is getting real bad with drunks and ruining the beauty. Some ppl just cant handle their booze.
Me personnally just likes to get a buzz and wait to get trashed when i get to camp, they way i wont drown lol. Made that mistake one time, broke 2 fingers, booze and river swings dont mix.
 alpinebryon
Msg: 22
view profile
History
Posted: 2/11/2009 12:09:01 PM
with the syorfoam coolers most justif not just about all the riverout fitter will not allow them in thier boats and if you a pivat shuddle they will not shuddle you with them.All if not all of the river outfitters all belong to stream team and they all try thier very best to be as enviromently friendly as they can be
 terry40
Msg: 23
view profile
History
Posted: 2/11/2009 1:05:54 PM
Yea they take care of the rivers, i had a buddy that work at Bass, his job was to float and cut out down trees and clear the water way, now thats a job i want lol
 HarleyKat~
Msg: 24
Posted: 2/11/2009 1:07:47 PM
Well, I can certainly understand those reasonings. :)

I am not big on jello shots, either...jello period, for that matter! LOL But if you like them, you can make them more like jello jigglers, and they wont melt. :)

People need a strong respect for the water...no matter how shallow or calm. And I have seen some who did NOT belong on such, and were waaay too drunk. Ruined it for ALL. :O( Got him a night in jail, too.
 TheKidof72
Msg: 25
Posted: 2/11/2009 3:14:37 PM
Ok, just to add my 2 cents (for what it's worth).

Jello shots and beer bongs have been used when you are rafting down this river when put in from the Ozark Outdoors company. Trust me, I have been rafting with this group for 5-6 years. They have busted people quite a bit for the drugs and underage drinking, or if you have a boat with motor and are going to fast during the biggest float weekend (Bull Float - was quite funny watching bass boats getting pulled over and given speeding tickets by them fine officers in brown ). But of all the times I have floated, never seen anyone given a ticket for beer bongs. Jello shots are still allowed, just don't throw them to another raft or canoe, because if it hits the water, that is when you will get a loitering ticket. Furthermore, if you do jello shots, grab a few extra trash bags at the beginning of the float and as soon as you get done with your container and lid, throw it in the trash bag and keep the trash bag tied. Do not let them , nor any trash, lay on the bottom of your raft.

Also keep in mind, that this is open to children, but if you bring your children, if they are young ones, they may send you down another portion of the river so you will not actually float with the partiers that weekend. Everyone camps at the same spot, but in the morning of the float, those that are adults will be put on a bus and sent to put in at another location, and then you will float back to the campground. Whereas, those with children will start their float at Ozark Outdoors and float from there to a pick up location where the bus will bring you back to the campground.

Hurry up warmer weather, I want to float!
Show ALL Forums  > Missouri  > Fishies Float Trip on the Huzzah Jun 12-14th