Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Should we live apart or get divorced?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Landra
Msg: 3
Should we live apart or get divorced?Page 1 of 1    
You have 4 children.
I think you owe it to them to quit talking to friends and start talking to a professional marriage counselor together rather than separately.

As for you moving out- NO. You have 4 kids and if the mother is cheating, you need to be there since she obviously isn't putting their well-being first. Let her move out.
 readyornot57
Msg: 4
view profile
History
Should we live apart or get divorced?
Posted: 2/10/2009 5:53:02 PM
I agree with message seven....my brain hurts and I am sick to my stomach for this poor guy and his kids.
OP, I don't know how you are coping. I remember the horror of not living under the same roof as my seven year old. You have that times four.
She is not making any sense and you need to stress to her that she needs to know what she is doing.....there will be no going back.
 daynadaze
Msg: 5
view profile
History
Posted: 2/10/2009 6:04:10 PM
A friend would never sleep with your wife and a wife would never cheat on you...it's over, he's a scumbag and she's a cheap piece of chit. Get yourself and your kids out of there and sue her for a divorce and for custody.
 blonde chickie
Msg: 6
Posted: 2/10/2009 6:39:15 PM
I agree with post # 7. My brian hurts with reading the OP's drama story.

Dude, she's a slut and your friend is a loser. Get your own place.

oldkid
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Posted: 2/10/2009 6:50:47 PM
Obviously, most of the posters think you should just get divorced. That is a decision you and your wife should actually discuss. If you choose to live apart but both of you can be parents to your children and you both can accept an open marriage, then it might work. Living apart with the history you have outlined but expecting a monogamous relationship just isn't going to work. Whatever you 2 decide, all the details need to be clearly worked out between you, if you can't, it is divorce time. Good luck
 FastReb
Msg: 10
view profile
History
Posted: 2/10/2009 8:43:06 PM
You gotta be kidding to ask this question. Her every action is telling you that your marriage is over. Her telling you to move out and it's not even her home to say who comes and goes? Sounds like she and your "friend" have been doing a lot of communicating, in every way. You better wake up and not only smell the coffee but get you a few cups under your belt. If you don't get it in gear and start protecting your interest, which also includes your children's interest, you're about to find yourself in a run down one-bedroom apartment with your "wife" screwing your "friend," without your kids and your "wife" enjoying herself on your money. Forget the counseling, consult a lawyer....NOW!!!
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Should we live apart or get divorced?