Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > A toast to all you wonderful, single, available men...      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 davidsauvignon
Msg: 3
view profile
History
A toast to all you wonderful, single, available men...Page 1 of 2    (1, 2)
For some reason, something just "snapped" in me at the end of last year and the beginning of this one. I got tired. Tired of waiting; tired of hoping, and tired of being alone because the unavailable guys simply were not there.

Congrats on the breakthrough, Z! I know it weighed on you quite heavily. Did it literally feel like a weight was lifted off you when the light bulb came on? Were you enthused and excited to 'try' with your new attitude?

I still believe there are way more good people than bad. The bad apples though, just seem to get more of the limelight.

Good luck, have fun and keep it up. meeeeeow.

~ds~
 smiles0527
Msg: 4
view profile
History
A toast to all you wonderful, single, available men...
Posted: 2/11/2009 5:59:53 PM
I am right with you.....tired of all the men that I am physically attracted to, have fun with but are not emotionally available. I too decided to put out some different energy and to NOT tolerate the bs any more!! Have attracted some seemingly nice, serious men since.
 Stray__Cat
Msg: 6
Posted: 2/11/2009 6:46:28 PM
Us wonderful, single, available men thank you.

Bout time some girls wised up.
Might cut down on the man bashing threads if it catches on.
 Redlance71
Msg: 11
view profile
History
Posted: 2/12/2009 12:04:57 AM
RE: So, what happened? For some reason, something just "snapped" in me at the end of last year and the beginning of this one. I got tired. Tired of waiting; tired of hoping, and tired of being alone because the unavailable guys simply were not there.

I can identify with that fully. 8 years with my ex wife. She cheats on me, we try to work it out, she files divorce. All those years I supported her, protected her, spoiled her and was 100% open with her. She's reclusive in nature, choosing to not choose rather than take risks which forced me to take charge. Now that the divorce is done I felt a LOT of energy, new confidence and snapped.

I think when you try to hard you may appear desperate or defective. Funny how when you say screw it and be laid back you get more of what you want. I think it same holds true how I got several chances to cheat on my wife( I never did) yet when ring came off where are those ladies now?
 Vannili
Msg: 19
view profile
History
Posted: 10/26/2009 8:36:42 AM
Why are you buttering up those man, what's the catch girlfriend ?????
Good Luck!!!!!!!!!!

You are fishing on the WRONG side, all the fish are on the RIGHT !!!!
 Sabrosura
Msg: 21
Posted: 10/26/2009 8:46:07 AM
OP: Good for you!!! I think MANY are guilty of this - yes I was too!

Can I hear a WOOT-WOOT!!!
 ~breathlesshush~
Msg: 23
view profile
History
Posted: 10/26/2009 10:11:44 AM
Oh wow..this one has me flabbergasted. I mean really, truly flabbergasted.

When I date ladies, and it happens alot, I will admit, I only see them as one night stand material, because I just feel there is not much underneath the skin and the outside beauty to keep me interested. So to my shame, I will admit, that I do and most likely will do some one stands even this week, with ladies I just find physically attractive, and well thats it

Darlin'..sounds like there isn't much "underneath" your skin either.

Many of them, just appear to be miserable, bitter, whiny, ungrateful son of a guns, and you wish that they maybe (and I mena this in a gentle loving way), you wish that maybe they would just kind of fall on their head and that when they got up, that would somehow miraculously smarten them up and bring them back to reality and awaken their conscience and heart.

Perhaps we can all wish the same for you? Perhaps it would smarten you up and bring you back to reality?

I know everything thats going on, and I am seriously very good in analyzing people, and I can read them very well, maybe too well.

Heal thyself!! If you are so terribly insightful, and know everything that is going on, you should be able to change your own ways, dontcha think? Ah, but the flesh, the flesh is weak.

I HATE doing that, I mean I certainly don't do it THAT much, but I do it sometimes admittedly, and again, I am NOT proud of it at all, but when I do it, it's because many of them have no substance .

Hello pot? This is the kettle. You're black.

OT: I am soooo excited that yet another woman has chosen to spew the drivel from "He's just not that into you". *GAGS*

Tell me Opie, are you getting paid to promote that crap? It's called common sense . Shocking revelation that a man who is MARRIED or otherwise attached isn't emotionally available..guess I better stop pining for them now. Thanks Opie, sooo much for opening my eyes.

Ooooohhhh, here's another totally overused catch phrase:

I think I just threw up in my mouth a little.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > A toast to all you wonderful, single, available men...