Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Alberta  > Stampede wrestling      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Stationary_Movement
Msg: 4
Stampede wrestlingPage 1 of 1    
Stampede was the best ever. I used to watch it as a kid and even went to a few matches live. Stu Hart was a genious.

SM
 lonelydavid77
Msg: 5
Stampede wrestling
Posted: 2/14/2009 2:21:52 PM
We can't forget all three of Ed's toupees, especially the first one, it got ripped from his head on more than 1 occassion!!

And to think that some people to this day think it was all real - no predetermination of whom would win the bouts!!
 Northern Lights
Msg: 6
Stampede wrestling
Posted: 2/14/2009 2:34:53 PM
I personally knew JR Foley, I went to school with his daughter Michelle.

Lost touch thru the years.. hmmm.... should try to look her up....
 tongue-untied
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Stampede wrestling
Posted: 2/16/2009 12:49:20 PM
I remember seeing Andre the Giant at the old Edmonton Gardens. the match was over quicker than it started, but coming out the ring he put his foot right through the 1 1/2 inch wooden stairs ... good memories....waiting for the place to clear out at the end and climbing into the ring with my buddies.... Hawaiian Splash!!!!
 oldbutfine
Msg: 10
view profile
History
Stampede wrestling
Posted: 6/21/2012 11:00:55 AM
Dont forget Dave Ruhl, the Hanna pig farmer, or Archie Goldie, The Stomper. Classic fun
Show ALL Forums  > Alberta  > Stampede wrestling