Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > You're in a relationship, but you have a profile on POF just for the      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Darlinglilred
Msg: 2
You're in a relationship, but you have a profile on POF just for the threads? Really?Page 1 of 12    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12)
Yes for some people that is the case. I also change my profile status and still browse the forums when dating someone. Think of it like Facebook and only relationship status changes.

Now what is the difficult part to understand? That people may be capable of talking to people of the opposite or same sex without there being the ulterior motive of sex?
 cookie22222
Msg: 3
view profile
History
You're in a relationship, but you have a profile on POF just for the threads? Really?
Posted: 2/17/2009 8:24:11 AM
Take a look at my profile - the first line (IN CAPS) says I'm not here for dating, just the forums!

So, yeah...really!
 packagedealx3
Msg: 5
view profile
History
You're in a relationship, but you have a profile on POF just for the threads? Really?
Posted: 2/17/2009 8:41:19 AM
For the ninety gazillionth time, yes, get over it and what the hell does it matter to you? They are profiles on a website with great forums that just happens to be a dating site. In most cases, their profiles reflect not single/not looking or clearly denote that they are here for the forums. Those people that see them as a challenge are sorely disappointed, waaaa.
 namrael
Msg: 6
Posted: 2/17/2009 9:00:09 AM
Why not? I've always maintained my profiles in relationships, specifically on a different free site where I've met dozens of friends, some of whom I've become close to. It's about running into people I have things in common with that I might not otherwise meet.
 gracengracie
Msg: 8
Posted: 2/17/2009 9:11:53 AM
So....this is land of the frees. I am married and have a friend??? so??? I also have my profile now for forums only...I don't need to meet anyone now. Love the forums and its a way to use some of my free time.

Also there are lots of married looking for intimate encounters. What are you going to do about it??

People are free to do what they want right or wrong. You can only control what you choose to do.
 sammylg
Msg: 9
Posted: 2/17/2009 9:16:00 AM
Yep, was searching and single on POF before I met my GF, and on the forums. I really don't want to give up the forums (love arguing with angry, judgmental people to always seem to see ulterior motives), but I have removed my pix, changed my status and profile.
 Amma63
Msg: 12
Posted: 2/17/2009 9:18:01 AM

For the ninety gazillionth time, yes, get over it

what packagedeal said..............DITTO

My profile is hidden - my boyfriend knows I come here for the forums - HE'S okay with it.................so why aren't you?

B.
 DocElffington
Msg: 13
view profile
History
Posted: 2/17/2009 9:51:00 AM
OP: Have you looked at how varied the forums are?? There's obviously more to this site than just dating!

What's so wrong with being interested in discussing interesting topics, regardless of the site type?

BTW, I think you made a wrong turn while enroute to your conspiracy theory forum!
 jm0405
Msg: 15
Posted: 2/17/2009 10:22:15 AM
Nothing wrong with it!! You can never have too many friends!
 justwant2no
Msg: 18
Posted: 2/17/2009 11:47:59 AM
OP - just take a look at some of our profiles. There is no mistaking that we're just here for the forums.
 daynadaze
Msg: 19
view profile
History
Posted: 2/17/2009 11:50:44 AM
Sure, why not? Not every one is a lying, cheating, scheming piece of crap, some people are just what they say they are. What would be the reason to assume otherwise until you know them or they show you evidence of something else?
 rockchick24/7
Msg: 20
Posted: 2/17/2009 12:02:37 PM
If it was purely a "singles" site as you say OP, it wouldn't have an option to say "not single/not looking"!

Just because you apparently can't the fight temptation of wanting to date/sleep with other women or even manage a platonic friendship with a woman when you are in a relationship doesn't mean other people are the same. Many of us can manage it very successfully.

You know, I've seen threads on this subject time and time again and each time, I always hope the person works through their blatant trust issues before trying to embark on a relationship.
 ceaser_73
Msg: 22
view profile
History
Posted: 2/17/2009 12:55:43 PM
For the most part I think alot of people in POF are here for the forums, and not so much for dating. I like the forums. They can be entertaining as well as disturbing. (lol)
 Ideoform
Msg: 23
view profile
History
Posted: 2/17/2009 2:30:45 PM
I came here for dating. I was expecting to just look at faces and be judged by my face...this is so much more interesting. Its one of the best forums, the quickest, the most like people-watching in the park....

When I have dated someone for any length of time since getting involved in the forums, I have stayed on here to read and post things. The people I date know I am here. I tell them right away to look at what I write...and if/when we become exclusive I have hidden my profile from searches (It's been hidden about 11 months total.) Right now, I am in an in-between time with dating. It can go either way...so my profile is viewable...but I still have the choice to act on an invitation or not. It is up to me.

I am grateful for the forums for helping me to learn a lot of the social stuff I didn't learn in middle school, when I always had my head in a book, and never stepped into the fray of the social world beyond a single friend who also was a bookworm. It's been an eye-opener...and fun...and a bit scary....

I have met some good friends here. I still think it is the easiest way to see what each other is up to.

Forever and ever, people have flirted with each other--married, single, dating, whatever. I think the art of "harmless" flirting is a lost art. I am trying to learn it. I have seen flirting work to help everyone be more relaxed at almost any type of get-together. The time that flirting is innapropriate is whenever anyone isn't sure of the committment, has trouble trusting others, lacks confidence, or is actually in the process of "being replaced." This takes a lot of sensitivity on the part of people...and you can tell that it's not been an easy thing to do from some of the heartbreaks that have happened.

Its OK to compliment another, to smile, to be kind, to tease a bit....but be sure to communicate very clearly with the person you are dating so nobody feels bad.

I think that it would be great to be in a relationship with another forum poster who "gets this" crazy place...
 rockchick24/7
Msg: 26
Posted: 2/17/2009 3:16:37 PM

You're all a bunch of bullshitters if you think that you are just here for the forums

What a lovely turn of phrase you have. I assume from your comment that you don't have the ability to be faithful whilst you are in a relationship unless you are on a desert island with no means of outside communication.

Such a shame and I am sorry for you but please, don't tar us all with the same brush...some of us fully understand the meaning of a committed, trusting relationship.
 racheljay
Msg: 27
Posted: 2/17/2009 3:18:07 PM
Yep, we exist. I actually was single when I first joined POF and I just recently got into a relationship (2 months ago tommorow) I love the forums, and though I do receive messages from guys I say thank you, wish them luck, or ingnore them. I LOVE the forums and I like the site period, that is why I never left. If my bf was to come on here and come accross my profile, I wouldn't have anything to hide because my profile explains my situation.

I also have it listed on my page that I am single and NOT looking. Also, what if I took it down and me and my beau split, then I would have to create a new one right?

I'm not using that as an excuse at all, though some are. I also know that a lot of people keep their "windows of oppertunities" open because they don't want to be "attached" once the real deal comes along and they are just in their relationships now until that person finds them. Dirty, but very true in some cases.
 TallWillow
Msg: 28
Posted: 2/17/2009 3:18:20 PM

Yeah they say they aren't looking, then they ask you out. You're all a bunch of bullshitters if you think that you are just here for the forums.

Speak for yourself. Maybe this is your experience, but it's not mine. And even if you have run across people who've done this, they don't represent all of us. You are insulting those of us who do behave with integrity.
 swtsxyme
Msg: 31
Posted: 2/17/2009 3:25:58 PM
Yes it's true not all of us on here for dating . Me just for the Threads.
 rrhyankeegrl
Msg: 32
Posted: 2/17/2009 3:32:09 PM
I also stayed on PoF after I started dating my BF, my profile states 'not single/not looking'. The forums are entertaining, plus I have several freinds on this site...sometimes they ask me to review their profile (or the profile of someone that has contacted them). I agree with the other posters that PoF is like facebook/myspace/etc in that is just a way for people to connect....all the social networking sites are what you want/need them to be. I use them all for connecting with friends and entertainment, not for dating.
 scruffydawg
Msg: 33
 sequoyah61
Msg: 35
Posted: 2/17/2009 3:52:55 PM
Well put, BigDaddy!

These forums are fun and almost as addictive as chewing bubble gum!

Sequoyah
 TakingItSlow66
Msg: 36
Posted: 2/17/2009 3:59:15 PM
Yep, if you're not single you really shouldn't be here.
 TakingItSlow66
Msg: 39
Posted: 2/17/2009 4:14:07 PM
Look up at the logo. It says Free Dating Site.

If you want to network then try a social networking site. I hear Linked In is a good one.
 Socratic Method
Msg: 43
Posted: 2/17/2009 7:19:36 PM
Yea, really... but the women are lying, lol...
 MelloDLyn
Msg: 44
view profile
History
Posted: 2/17/2009 7:19:59 PM
I think out of respect for your mate u should delete or hide your profile while with them. There are other things u can focus on instead of threads on here. Read a good book or the latest magazines or get a new hobby.
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > You're in a relationship, but you have a profile on POF just for the threads? Really?