Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Guy  > Catch Me If You Can      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 cotter
Msg: 3
view profile
History
Catch Me If You Can Page 1 of 1    
Hey Chill ... what's up with the "woot woot"?

What the Hell is that?

How does "woot woot" relate the men chasing women?
 Stray__Cat
Msg: 4
Catch Me If You Can
Posted: 2/23/2009 7:06:20 PM
I can't answer this.
I'm too busy being chased to see it from the other side.

But if it's a problem with you OP do what I do.
Run a little slower.
:-)
 Terrible Flirt
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Catch Me If You Can
Posted: 2/23/2009 7:17:23 PM
I don't know, most of the time I see a lady asserting/asking about men and their love of the chase the predominant response is, "I must have missed that memo because I don't really care for it so much". Personally, I prefer open, honest communication where two people who like each other both express that without one them needing to "chase" the other. Chasing is a pain in the a$$, IMHO.
 Ron-burgendy
Msg: 11
Catch Me If You Can
Posted: 2/23/2009 7:25:32 PM
This is not a widely known fact but it should be:

If a woman is easy to get and keep, we lose interest and want something else.

If she's harder to get, we want her more. If she makes the relationship challenging but rewarding, we'll be more likely to tough it out.

People deny these facts up and down. They all live in a theoretical world. When you think about it, it's entirely true for both genders.

Edit:

Seems I need to elaborate a a little more so people understand my train of thought.

I understand you all want easy going relationships without a battle to get the opposite sex. You're forgetting a few things:

-"Judge your success by your effort put into it" - Dalai Lama

Relationships are no different. In getting the girl, and keeping her. In order for there to be a successful relationship there needs to be hardships endured together and overcame.

Nowhere in my above statement did I say "drama" needs to be the conflict. People change over time, as do relationships. The spark dwindles, and overcoming conflict reaffirms your commitment to your significant other. Otherwise you will eventually be living with a friend.
 Terrible Flirt
Msg: 12
view profile
History
Catch Me If You Can
Posted: 2/23/2009 7:39:33 PM
Totally disagree with just about every word of this. But Burgundy, loved the movie, bought the soundtrack, brilliant!...stay classy.

This is not a widely known fact but it should be:

If a woman is easy to get and keep, we lose interest and want something else.

If she's harder to get, we want her more. If she makes the relationship challenging but rewarding, we'll be more likely to tough it out.

People deny these facts up and down. They all live in a theoretical world. When you think about it, it's entirely true for both genders.
 Wylie_Coyote
Msg: 17
view profile
History
Catch Me If You Can
Posted: 2/23/2009 9:23:40 PM
Silly gurl, got the wrong pill....

It's not the chase. It's not the catch....

It's the will of both in staying together.

If you have to chase, they don't want to be caught. If you feel caught than you are in a trap.

If you love it's free. Takes a lill' effort that goes a long ways.

J Mac
Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Guy  > Catch Me If You Can