Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Michigan  > When Is It Love?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 ImANewDee2
Msg: 1
view profile
History
When Is It Love?Page 1 of 2    (1, 2)
I was just wondering of anyone out there has any paerticular tells as to when you know you have fallen for someone and/or it is now considered serious to you.

I seem to have a pattern of knowing it is love when I am going out with someone and I allow them to pay for me for things and I dont feel guilty/obligated to reciprocate. I am a fairly independent woman and have always paid my own way in life. I guess I dont want there to be any misconstrued feelings, etc towards the other person so would just rather pay for myself, whether it be dinner, movies, drinks (if they buy me one, I will buy them one kinda thing), etc. If a guy really wants to pay, I let them but I do end up feeling somehow like they think I owe them back. Perhaps is just a personality quirk....even though most men are out there assuming that women are just gold diggers looking for everything they can get. I guess I would consider myself an antigold-digger.

I also have had three occurances of when dating that the person I am with has been seen as very attractive by those around me and I dont see it on the level that others do. I think they are nice looking to me, because if I didnt I wouldnt be dating them, but maybe on some level since I know them on a deeper level, their attractiveness is a non-issue for me. All three of these relationships have turned out to be long term relationships for me (1=13 years, 1=4 years, and 1=2 1/2 years). I dont think this is a superficial thing at all though because what I consider nice-looking doesnt mean they by any means have to be drop dead gorgeous. Its just something about a person that I am drawn to...

So.....with that being said....do you have any sure tell signs that you are in love???
 doctor1954
Msg: 2
When Is It Love?
Posted: 2/25/2009 4:26:14 PM
I'll tell you when it is love. When she shovels my snow, picks the hair out of my ears, cooks me meals, trims my toe nails, does my dishes, does my laundry, cleans my apartment, washes my vehicle, and does my shopping. Then when she is done she says she loves me.

What a woman she is? I hope she doesn't read this or i will be in trouble.
 GreenEyesGoldenLocks
Msg: 3
When Is It Love?
Posted: 2/25/2009 4:40:40 PM
I think it must be love when I allow the laundry to mix.. at least on my part lived with 2 people and when I could not stand the person any longer the first thing to go was mixing of the clothes... hmmm strange never noticed that before
 athomeinportage
Msg: 4
When Is It Love?
Posted: 2/25/2009 4:49:50 PM

I think it must be love when I allow the laundry to mix.

Bad things happen when you let the laundry mix, next she is wearing my favorite shirt. And when her red panties are washed with my whitie-tighties...oh pink is not my color. And that is why I have always done my own laundry.
 lighthouse lady
Msg: 5
When Is It Love?
Posted: 2/25/2009 5:03:08 PM
Awwwwwwwwww, doc..........you have it so RIGHT ON! It 's when people do the little needful but loving things for others that REALLY tell the tale..........!

I felt warm and fuzzy just reading your post!
 smartazzjohn
Msg: 6
When Is It Love?
Posted: 2/25/2009 6:43:02 PM

I seem to have a pattern of knowing it is love when I am going out with someone and I allow them to pay for me for things and I dont feel guilty/obligated to reciprocate.

One of the ways I know I'm in love is similar. When I'm in love I don't feel awkward about a woman paying. I never feel guilty though because when I pay I don't expect anything in return. It make me feel good when I buy someone something, even something as simple as a drink, so I'm doing it as much for myself as I am for the other person.

Another way I know I'm in love is if I use "we" more than "I" or "she" when I'm talking to other people. I start saying things like "We need to get her car fixed" instead of "She needs to get her car fixed".
 ripley65
Msg: 7
When Is It Love?
Posted: 2/26/2009 7:39:35 AM
I wake in the night to find you on my mind.
Deep in a dream , you’ll always be, till the end of time. . .

I look in your eyes, they touch my soul. My love is hard to hide.
I’m never alone when we’re apart...I feel you by my side . . .

And here in my heart, where no one else will ever be.
I know who you are...So lock the door, and throw away the key!

Save All Your Love....
song by GreatWhite
 joannemeow
Msg: 8
When Is It Love?
Posted: 2/26/2009 10:46:20 AM
howie, you're the best, i swear to god (or POF)

love is just doing things for one another, just because. you think about that person all the time, and you can't wait until you see them again. and if they are feeling the same way, the fireworks are spectacular!

and LOL@mixing of the laundry. OMG....i can't believe you said that!!! i have to say when i was married, LOL, the last probably 8 years i did "his" laundry separate. and i did not touch his clothing. i actually picked it up with a washcloth because he was a smelly pig, LOL

jo

p.s. i am not joking!
 forumreader
Msg: 9
When Is It Love?
Posted: 2/26/2009 1:06:54 PM
well, geez, doctor, what do you do for her?
 Stephanie4265
Msg: 10
When Is It Love?
Posted: 2/26/2009 3:33:41 PM
Love is...

Truely sharing things that money can't buy.
When all it takes is a hug to remove the frustrations of the day.
When a kiss revives the passion of being young again.
When you look across a crowded room, meet eye to eye, and can't wait until it's
time to leave.

Love is...acceptance, trust, honesty, compassion, loyalty.....basically.....
A friendship set on fire.

Stephanie
 RDtoo
Msg: 11
view profile
History
When Is It Love?
Posted: 2/26/2009 10:26:34 PM
When you are in love, the whole world is Jewish.

That was the name of a Broadway play in the 60s. I have no idea what it means either.
 septembermoon47
Msg: 12
When Is It Love?
Posted: 2/27/2009 5:01:44 AM
i agree its all the things money cant begin to buy...doing things for each other just because...and they still keep you entralled...intuned and entertained...and light up and make you light up even after the "newness" wears off...

oh..lhl and looking..i dont do all that crap, and not toenails for sure...when i get to be 100% doc might just need a doctor...lol...right now....hes trying to stay on good side...hes a stinker for sure...and not p u either
 doctor1954
Msg: 13
When Is It Love?
Posted: 2/27/2009 6:49:44 AM
Okay miss moon. You don't trim my toenails. You have done my dishes and cook for me. You came and helped me shovel snow many times. Even with a bad shoulder and cleaned my apartment right. You still do my laundry. You said when you get 100% i might need a doctor. That will be a long way down the road. It will be warmer and i know i can out run you.

Forumreader.....Since i met miss moon. I went over and thawed her frozen pipes, worked on her garden tractor at least twice a month, dug in her drain to septic tank, yuk, helped her move 3 times. Took down dog fence, put up dog fence, and taken down dog fence again. I took down 5 ceiling fans, put up 2 then she moved again. So i took down 2 and put up 4 ceiling fans in her next place, plus paneled and put plugs in her bedroom and closet when their was only studs on the wall. Then she moved again. Took 2 of them fans down and put up 3 in her new place. Most of that was when she was dating another guy. I did it cause i loved her. She didn't know. She thought i was just a great friend. We joke about it all the time, that i was digging in her $hit. You do that for a woman and she will know you LOVE her.

She does stuff for me cause she loves me. As i did for her, cause we LOVE each other. I am not saying go look for a woman that needs her drain to septic cleaned.
 septembermoon47
Msg: 14
When Is It Love?
Posted: 2/28/2009 5:34:22 AM
oh boy...wish i could say it was not true,.,...but it all is...sure glad i came to my sences...this man is priceless...loves me...my kids and pets....im truely blessed...hes thoughtful, super affectionate and we communicate so well..i think its best to be great friends first...we respect each other...and look out for one another...and help each other when ever possable...
 tonycuddlybear
Msg: 15
When Is It Love?
Posted: 2/28/2009 10:46:25 AM
It amazes me how many people used humor to avoid answering the real question?

There are so many parts to a great relationship, chemistry, intelligence, emotions, so many levels....

I will say it is sad when you start and get 1 or 2 but don't really make it to a full loving relationship. A lot has to be risked to really find that one for you. I know I look for things but in general one can never truly predict how a relationship will end up.

I think in general love is:

Being loving, supportive, caring, considerate, laughter, fun, compromising from both sides, of course the chemistry where the relationship is mostly good.

You can have a relationship that is mostly bad and still hang in there but it doesn't help you be happy and I think that is the final thing being happy together...

It's where you miss each other when you are apart and when you are together, it just feels complete. Almost like zen, like there is nothing else that you need or want.

But is it hard to get there
 forumreader
Msg: 16
When Is It Love?
Posted: 2/28/2009 3:38:37 PM
and tony, it is not often that that truly happens. you can like someone well enough. but when you meet someone that makes your heart flutter and it has that wow factor, there's just nothing better.
 ripley65
Msg: 17
When Is It Love?
Posted: 2/28/2009 4:43:41 PM
Awww man!! I want that wow factor!! *lookin for someone to wow factor me*

When is it love?

When he rolls over to me in the morning for a good morning kissy...i dont care if his breath is ewwwwww....

When he's been outside working allllll day and he's all hot 'n sweaty 'n stinky..and he pulls me in for a hug....

When he see's me outta the shower with noxema (face cream,for you boys lol) all over my face,and im walking around in my comfy granny panties and he doesnt care! lol...

No matter what, we make it a point to say 'love you' when we leave for work, and again before we fall asleep at night.

So many other things, big and small...but ultimately when we accept each other for who we are, flaws and all, and we cant imagine being without the other.

doctor1954
Msg: 18
When Is It Love?
Posted: 3/1/2009 7:06:12 AM
Right on Ripley!! It doesn't have to be flowers and high priced dinner. I was cutting grass for miss moon last summer one day. It was hot. Just riding around on her lawnmower even. She comes out with a bottle of water and gives it to me. That touched me. Never in my life did anyone care enough about me outside cutting grass in the heat. What is a bottle of water? About 15 cents. The thought that someone cared is what made it priceless.

To all of septembermoons friends. She is doing very well. She had her pain pump removed Saturday. I keep trying to get her to rest.
 septembermoon47
Msg: 19
When Is It Love?
Posted: 3/2/2009 5:31:43 AM
yep...all true...and now...its love when im all cranky and miserable and this sweetie is still here...that sure must be love....im not easy...and it sure was worth every cent of that 15 cents, for the water...but you forgot i had a coronna in the other hand..lol...im sure one lucky gal...the best doc, kids and pals...now if only i could get around and do for myself...id feel better...im impatient...i pray the time goes quick...
 michkat55000
Msg: 20
When Is It Love?
Posted: 5/1/2009 4:57:35 AM
is it when you're happy to hear him snore cause that means he's finally getting some good sound sleep...or when he's not there you mush yourself in between bunches of pillows and fall asleep pretending you're in his arms...so right ripadoodles, sweaty, dirty, just don't matter, a great hug is a great hug...his words alone can make you tingle...his touch calms all your fears...massaging his back makes "your" hands feel good...a dandelion he picks for you, jokingly or not, is so beautiful...dang i could write pages...i love love
 DebiDuzDishes
Msg: 21
When Is It Love?
Posted: 5/1/2009 6:37:29 AM
you KNOW its love when you realize he has the power... YES THE POWER...

To RIP your HEART out..

love stinks... lol
 michkat55000
Msg: 22
When Is It Love?
Posted: 5/1/2009 2:33:37 PM

love stinks... lol

that belongs on the "love stinks" thread...we're talkin about "love" here sweetie...no ripping or breaking yet, just knowing if its like or love basically...ie...i like pancakes, but i "love" burnt ones
 shygirl106
Msg: 23
When Is It Love?
Posted: 5/3/2009 6:36:24 PM
Hi Doc, I totally agree that it's those little things that are what touches me too...And I ache to do those things for a special someone in life....just haven't found him yet.....lol...do you have a brother??....Miss moon is one lucky lady...!!!! Blessings for you both!
 doctor1954
Msg: 24
When Is It Love?
Posted: 5/3/2009 7:00:17 PM
Awwwwww that is so sweet of you to say that. I am not sure miss moon thinks she's that lucky. I am nothing special. I am just a normal guy. I do have flaws like everyone else. I do have a brother but, he has been married to the same woman for over 35 years. Keep your chin up and your eyes open. Mr. Right might be around the corner. You don't have to rush anything. You are still young. This is for you you until you find him......

Go and have fun til he gets there.
 single terri
Msg: 25
When Is It Love?
Posted: 5/5/2009 6:43:14 AM
if you look at the testimonials, there's a lot of connections here. but.....i really wonder, lol
Show ALL Forums  > Michigan  > When Is It Love?