Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Religion  > Ye Olde Bible....let's check it out!      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 brundle
Msg: 7
Ye Olde Bible....let's check it out!Page 1 of 2    (1, 2)
sounds like a lot of work
Ye Olde Bible....let's check it out!
Posted: 10/11/2004 2:42:13 PM
today is the first day in long tim that i dont have my bible but i know that they talk of all lying period...not just some types...
Thou shall not bear false witness against thy neighbour"....seems to be the only lie that IS outlawed. Otherwise, lying is ok too...except wheny ou lie to get someone else into trouble.
OK...anyone got any comments, or wants to bring something else to the table...feel free.
and the bible is very clear on this one as well that sex out side marrage is wrong that god mad man and woman to be with each outher but that he made marrage to make this union holy....
Just to set the hook...(hehehepun intended) we can talk about sex too! Seems there is nothing wrong with having sex before marriage. God made it for us,intended mankind to use it for more than procreation (otherwise the females would be preggers all the time!) and wants us to enjoy each other and our bodies. Any thoughts or ideas?
hes spoken to me about this and that is why i wait now is because of what the lord has spoked about this in my life....that if we have un holy sex that we are joining together our souls in order to be riped apart...and that the reason most marrage ends in devorce is due to the fact that they had sex before they were married and it dammaged the relationship due to wounds that people are unaware of spiritualy...and the wound surface as outher problems because we do not want to see what realy caused them....
 forthebeauty
Msg: 9
Posted: 10/11/2004 6:58:27 PM
Thinking the thought is just as bad as the actuall sin.
 forthebeauty
Msg: 14
Posted: 10/12/2004 5:00:12 PM
About sex: Matthew 5:28
But I say unto you,That whosever looketh on a woman to lust after her hath committed adultery with her already in his heart.
Posted: 10/15/2004 5:49:00 PM
acts 15:20 talks of no fornication, as well as colosstians 3:5 Put to death, therefore, whatever belongs to your earthly nature: sexual immorality, impurity, lust, evil desires and greed, which is idolatry.6 Because of these, the wrath of God is coming...on the lying subject liviticus 19:11 says 'Do not steal. " 'Do not lie. " 'Do not deceive one another...ephiesians 4:14 Then we will no longer be infants, tossed back and forth by the waves, and blown here and there by every wind of teaching and by the cunning and craftiness of men in their deceitful scheming. 15Instead, speaking the truth in love, we will in all things grow up into him who is the Head, that is, Christ. 16From him the whole body, joined and held together by every supporting ligament, grows and builds itself up in love, as each part does its work...
there are more...this is just some of them...may the holy spirit speak to your hearts on theses matters...
 TrackMan391
Msg: 21
Posted: 11/26/2004 11:24:14 AM
I'd like to reference Genesis 1:28 to show you how the modern society is in discord with the Bible. The Genesis 1:28 states "be fruitful and multiply". But how does God expect us to do that if he hasn't given us guys the skills we need to get replies on this site? Religious believers, if you were offended by this, aploligize; I was just putting a philosophical twist on the Bible.
 Dei Gratia
Msg: 22
Posted: 8/4/2005 9:40:31 AM
It is all Affairs in Babylon now, yet God still loves them all. 1John.
 CountIbli
Msg: 23
Posted: 8/4/2005 11:34:49 AM
Well when Abraham goes to Egypt he claims that his wife Sarah is his sister. When the Pharaoh beds her (or at least that's the implication) God gets mad at the Pharaoh and does nasty stuff to his household. Abraham never gets punished for the lie but the Pharaoh's household is punished for him unknowingly committing adultery. Apparently it's okay to lie if you're God's chosen messenger.
 Dei Gratia
Msg: 25
Posted: 8/4/2005 9:32:19 PM
It seems to me most of you dwell in the Old Testament why? The New testament to Good for you to believe? Is that not whee God says he Loves us? does he not say your sins will be forgiven? I see this dwelling on th Old Testament for what for the crtics to beat stories handed down by the generations of our ancestors?

You know cousin the Old Testamnt is there for the revelance to the New Testaments and the Fact that Jesus said those that have read the prophets and the Law know I have come to fulfill them and explain some.

Dei Gratia
Msg: 26
Posted: 8/4/2005 9:43:42 PM
Abraham ws the first prophet in the Bible and this was before the ten commandments of Moses. And in the verses there after you larn that Sarah was his Half sister which was apparently legal in ancient times. At the ime the ancestors then only kne that sin was of Cain and that it was always waiting at the door to attack you.

CountIbli
Msg: 27
Posted: 8/5/2005 2:02:42 PM
Okay Dei, lets look at what the NT has to say about lying.

2 Corinthians 12:16 "But be it so, I did not burden you: nevertheless being crafty, I caught you with guile."

Romans 3:7-8 "For if the truth of God hath more abounded through my lie unto His Glory; why yet I am also judged a sinner?"

Seems like lying for Christ is a-okay according to Christianity.
 Dei Gratia
Msg: 29
Posted: 8/5/2005 5:49:46 PM
these verses are to the sinners Paul is talking to. In Romans he speaks to the Jews that think he encourages them to do evil and to disobey the Law of Moses, just so God could show his love by fogiving them. These people wanted all the followers of Jesus to follow the Laws and traditions that were apart of the Law of Moses. These sinful people where the Jews who taught the Law of Moses and yet they themselves did not obey it. They lied and did not obey God.
Sin occurs when people rebel against God and diobey God's Word. Forgiveness removes the sin. Accordiing to the Jewish Scriptures, those who disobeyed God's Law can be forgiven by turning back to God. Paul says that forgiveness comes from Jesus, who died to take away sins (3.25-26). Those who do not trust God will be condemned, or punished, and maynot share in the promise of eternal life.
God is fair there will be a future day when God will judge all people. Those who are faithful to God will recieve rewads, (Ps 9, Eccl 3.17, Matt 25.31-46, John 3.18 1Pet 2.12)
And those who reject God's truth will be punished.

Good enough for you?
in Christ
 CountIbli
Msg: 30
Posted: 8/5/2005 6:56:34 PM
That doesn't really explain why Paul though it was okay to lie in order to gain converts.
 Dei Gratia
Msg: 32
Posted: 8/8/2005 12:54:54 PM
oh count look at it again and place yourself in that timeplace and be aware of all that has happened thus far then maybe you'll get a better picture. Those serpents!
 CountIbli
Msg: 33
Posted: 8/8/2005 8:49:02 PM
Seems like Paul is saying that he lied to get converts, which is okay because they're now saved. In many places the Bible condems lying, but it seems that those moral laws don't apply to God's chosen mouthpieces.
Show ALL Forums  > Religion  > Ye Olde Bible....let's check it out!