Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  > General question and a stereotype      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 revcomsla
Msg: 3
view profile
History
General question and a stereotypePage 1 of 1    
I think sending pictures of me to someone to get them to call me is pretty odd thing to do, not to mention a little immature, but the second poster's answer is probably pretty accurate.

I've gone into friendships with women both ways - hoping for something more and not a chance. What I can tell you is that only the latter have actually ever worked out for me, and I don't do the other anymore. (I grew up & got smart!) So, I guess not all guys do that. My female friends are either coworkers or ex's that have had years of distance to the point where we can associate without those complicated feelings in the way.

As for your last question, saying something like that has got to be the most immature and ridiculous thing that I could ever think of to say. Like their curiosity is in any way going to cause you to satiate their fantasy! Idiots! I do think there is a prevailing fantasy that many Caucasians carry about Asians....heck, there's a whole subculture of the pron industry devoted just to that.
 c_deacon
Msg: 10
view profile
History
General question and a stereotype
Posted: 3/5/2009 11:30:14 AM
OP.......They are for the most part, still boys playing boy, buddy games, and since you are younger yourself, they think you will like and accept it.

Texting is just another tool to use for communications, and when it becomes annoying, the communication part disappears, and what you have left will be game playing....

The stereotyping concerning certain races is just that..... It is what is housed in that head of yours that will make the difference with what works and can maintain chemistry and relationships.

There are many that will gravitate towards certain types, and/or race, but overall, it is the total person that will make or break that initial desire......

As you mature, like I have, you will have many opportunities to date and have relationships with many different kinds of people, and you can judge as much as you want to, but overall I have found enticing types of all race, religion, size, hair and skin color.

Since I am part Native American, I have run across some of those same type of comments, biases, and stupidity. There are many Asians that I have enjoyed, along with some awesome natives, and many many in between......

Just my opinion.......
 revcomsla
Msg: 11
view profile
History
Posted: 3/5/2009 11:35:42 AM
How is this immature and ridiculous? To me it's a completely valid question. I have been wondering this since I was about 13 and started to get hit on by grown men.

I think I wasn't clear enough here and it caused you to misunderstand. I don't think your question was immature and ridiculous. I think saying to an Asian woman, "I've never been with an asian..." in the physical sense, as a reason to be interested in you, to be immature. Sure, maybe in the imminent heat of the moment...simply to clarify one's newness to such a thing...but as a means to try and get you, it crosses a line that I, personally, would not cross. Your question is completely valid and like I think you are justified in wondering about it.
 dannyr0697
Msg: 12
view profile
History
Posted: 3/5/2009 12:28:13 PM

Do guys go into friendships wondering if it will go any further in a serious way or just a physical way?

Sometimes they do. Mainly if they are attracted to a woman physically. As for me, ANY serious relationship is going to start as friends. I believe that friendship is the best foundation to build a successful relationship on.

What are some of the stereotypes that go along with why men would want to sleep with asians?

Personally, I've NEVER been attracted to asian women. Most of the asians here on the coast of Mississippi are Koreans and, to me, there is NOTHING at all attractive about them.
The only "asian" women that I'm attracted to are caucasian.

L8TR

Go Rin No Sho
Msg: 15
view profile
History
Posted: 3/5/2009 9:18:15 PM
Good God, this thread is more fun than running buck ass naked through a briar patch!

<div class="quote">Considering you folks have a permanent tan and your looks are definitely different than Europeans, that makes you more interesting.

<div class="quote">most asian men aren't too willing to date outside their own race

<div class="quote"> i really like japanese men but they don't like me

<div class="quote">and...i've heard asian women are very talented in the bedroom and are...um...small. wink wink

OP. you asked about stereotypes - I hope these posts help you to understand all the BS that is unfortunately coming in your direction. According the those who replied to your question:
- You have a permanent tan (I wonder if that poster would say the same thing to an African American or the President);
- You should be pursued by scores (okay, maybe two) of Asian men who are so xenophobic that they will not date outside of their "race" (which rhymes with "place", which is where everybody feels comfy about people of different colors)
-Except for Japanese men, who obviously don't like women who haven't figured out what the "Shift" key on the keyboard is for or routinely post to forums from their Crackberry (xenophobic little technical **stards);
-Because you have a small wink, whatever that means.

Clear? Tracking?

And people wonder why I say that I'm about a gnat's whisker from running south across the Rio Grande into Mexico! (My "permanent tan" will blend in nicely there!)

Just find a nice Jewish doctor or lawyer....you know, someone who sill be a good provider....

SHEESH!

Cheers!
 Go Rin No Sho
Msg: 18
view profile
History
Posted: 3/6/2009 9:11:39 PM
Dearest Martini Shark:

It's called "irony":

irony
4 entries found.
1. irony
2. dramatic irony
3. Socratic irony
4. tragic irony
Main Entry:
iro·ny Listen to the pronunciation of irony Listen to the pronunciation of irony
Pronunciation:
\ˈī-rə-nē also ˈī(-ə)r-nē\
Function:
noun
Inflected Form(s):
plural iro·nies
Etymology:
Latin ironia, from Greek eirōnia, from eirōn dissembler
Date:
1: a pretense of ignorance and of willingness to learn from another assumed in order to make the other's false conceptions conspicuous by adroit questioning —called also Socratic irony 2 a: the use of words to express something other than and especially the opposite of the literal meaning b: a usually humorous or sardonic literary style or form characterized by irony c: an ironic expression or utterance3 a (1): incongruity between the actual result of a sequence of events and the normal or expected result (2): an event or result marked by such incongruity b: incongruity between a situation developed in a drama and the accompanying words or actions that is understood by the audience but not by the characters in the play —called also dramatic irony tragic irony
synonyms see wit

WIT: Not as "She's wit me."

Obviously, only us "permanent tans" get it. Your reaction just proves my point.

Chill out, 'sis or 'bro or whatever....you're the only one taking me (and yourself) way too seriously here.

"b: incongruity between a situation developed in a drama and the accompanying words or actions that is understood by the audience but not by the characters in the play —called also dramatic irony tragic irony"

So, in the play of life, which character are you? In which play? Why? Is the playwright dead or alive? How do they feel about your character? Your interpretation of the character?

I was wrong, wrong, wrong in saying that this thread was more fun than running buck nekkid through a briar patch. It's more fun than shaving your body with a hedge trimmer!

XOXOXO!

F117 Stealth......Lighting up the melatonin challenged since 1954. Why? Because they're so cute when they turn red, purple, and blue before they spew their self justifying racism all over the 'net.
 Bi-Atch
Msg: 19
Posted: 3/11/2009 7:45:38 PM
Tell the guys to stop texting you and that you aren't into them. I think men in general do hope something more than friendship will develop with a woman....they just don't want to come across as too needy/horny/pushy etc or they will scare her away.

Everyone has different fantasies about race/appearance/hair colour/body shape + size whatever. These men like you partly because you are Asian, obviously or they wouldn't be texting you. I don't know that this is a stereotype. It's just an attraction.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  > General question and a stereotype