Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Profile Reviews  > A shoot and a miss      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 DaManley
Msg: 1
A shoot and a missPage 1 of 1    
Alright ladies, I feel that there is something missing. Women aren't replying back to my messages and sometimes not even opening them to begin with. So the problem would have to be with my profile.
Feel free to be direct and honest. No matter what you say I won't be mad and will still let you take me out for some coffee. Haha.
 The_Standard_Model
Msg: 2
view profile
History
A shoot and a miss
Posted: 3/6/2009 9:43:32 AM
Are you sure that you only want help from 'The Ladies'?
 DaManley
Msg: 3
A shoot and a miss
Posted: 3/6/2009 10:41:31 AM
Haha nah i dont care who helps.
 The_Standard_Model
Msg: 4
view profile
History
A shoot and a miss
Posted: 3/6/2009 11:02:21 AM
Okay then, just making sure.
First off, your pics. You have three of them. The one face shot that you have has a major glare coming off of your glasses hiding part of your face. The other two are so far away that they may or may not be you. The point of the pictures is for us to get a good look at you. You have purposely avoided that.

Your interests... Do you have any that are social and get you off of the couch? Computers, drawing and Japan are all well and good, but are nothing thta you can share with anyone else.

I love adventure, both intellectual and physical. I like learning things, my mind is like a sponge and everyone and everything has something interesting to say.

This is not a college application.

I enjoy doing new things. When I get interested in a new project I can become extremely focused on it, especially when it comes to computers. I tend to be enthusiastic about my ideas, inventions, and projects. People always come to me for my innovative-ness.

I think that you are missing the point here. What does any of that have to do with getting you a date? What kind of project is a date going to involve? You are talking too much about work/school and not about you and what you are like socially!

I love volunteering and just helping people. I'm eager to make an impact on the world. But I try to think global and act local.

?? But do you volunteer? If so, what do you do? This is more of you not actually talking about yourself.

I enjoy hanging out with people.

So do the vast majority of us. What do you do when you 'hang out'?

People also think of me as shy,

Man up. You know yourself. Are you shy or aren't you? Forget what people say. What do you say?

which can be true, but if get me talking I'll be like the energizer bunny and just keep going and going.

A lot of people pt this and I feel it is a mistake. It is not the job of your date to somehow figure out a way to get you to speak. It is not something that they would look forward to on a first date. It comes off as awkward and lazy. "They need to find a way to get YOU talking!?!" YOU need to find a way to get YOU talking!!

But if I am being in my quiet mood, then just look at what I'm doing because "actions speak louder than words". I like having conversations about all sorts of things, and important topics.

??? What does this mean? How does this get you any further to a first date? It sounds bad.

I love driving, especially when its for no specific reason.

Good. Although you could give more info.

But I am also comfortable sitting at home and watching TV/movies, listening to music, painting, or playing games.

Also?? What also? You are painting yourself as a loner here. You jump in your car and just go away. You then go hide in your house. Completely anti-social.

I like listening to all sorts of music, techno, rock, and rap. Recently though I've gotten into country music, Garth Brooks.

Good

One day, I am going to travel the world and meet new people. My special girl will be someone who loves traveling and meeting new people. I especially am going to visit Japan, China, Russia, Rome, Italy, Egypt. It's all on my to do list and everyday I get closer to living the dream.

Sounds kind of 'airy-fairy' and wishy washy. Fairy tales start out with 'One day I will travel the world and meet new and interesting people' (They are usually staring at the sky and end that sentence with a sigh and look back down to drudgery).
Re-word.
Show ALL Forums  > Profile Reviews  > A shoot and a miss