Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Ireland  > An extremly weird question      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Natski1987
Msg: 1
An extremly weird questionPage 1 of 1    
Hey I am comming to Ireland this week, staring in Dublin.

This may sound really stupid but I kind of have a odd question about my hair dye.... Ive got a very vibrant orange......

However a lady who I work with, who comes from southen Ireland warned me against using it, seeing Orange is the symbol of The Orange order, a group of protestant followers..... and the colour might cause offence in some places. I suppose she is right. Im not to clued up on this thing to be honest, still I would rather not make enemys over a colour.

What do you guys think?? Its a really random question but im a bit dense
 Miss Grundy
Msg: 2
An extremly weird question
Posted: 3/10/2009 9:28:48 AM
Hahaha..that is so funny !

How orange is your hair exactly....is it a really lurid flourescent type orange or just a bright ginger ?

If your workmate is from the Republic, it's possible she's pulling your leg and playing with you by telling you that - they're terrible messers those Irish.

To counteract the affect your hair colour may have on die-hard Paddy's day celebrants in Dublin's fair city during the festival, I would reccommend that you wear kelly green pants/trousers with a white top...that way you will look as if you are dressed like the Irish flag..problem sorted.

But be careful when you are in the city at night time because with all that drinking, fights often break out - it's freezing cold over here as well so you'll probably be wearing a hat most of the time.
 MalaSam
Msg: 3
Posted: 3/10/2009 9:32:27 AM
Yes it is the colour of 'The Orange Men' but I can hardly see people giving you a hard time over your hair colour because of that. And really dying your hair orange could be taken as proud ginger support, and as you know Ireland is the home of the gingers......... dont worry to much about it, you could always wear green and white and pretend your the irish flag
 MalaSam
Msg: 4
Posted: 3/10/2009 9:34:58 AM
Dam you Grundy you got inthere before me.........

OP where will you be on the day of the Ginger Pride Parade? oh Hem hem I mrent paddys day?

And this message is not to short.....and this five a day is starting to bug me!

***stomps feet and exits the room*****
 Miss Grundy
Msg: 5
Posted: 3/10/2009 9:59:54 AM
Sorry Natski..for getting a bit distracted by malasam's posts on your thread...

You're not feckin' serious are you Malasam ?

They've restricted you as well...on what basis or did you try and mail them and they ignored you....if there isn't a practise of cultural bias going on here regarding the way the forum is moderated then what exactly is actually going on with the mod who deals with this forum - I've been restricted further by not being able to vote to keep or delete a thread or being allowed to post a thread either...that is pathetic..and what makes it worse is that I don't have the means to contact the mod who keeps heaping those spiteful and ridiculous restrictions upon me.

I've come to the conclusion that the mod in question is pretty much hopeless in his role and due to his lack of ability and love of power he is making a hames of this forum by failing to recognise completely that...Irish people do have a certain way of addressing each other, being to the point, tactless at times and slagging....that's why we are known as being charming...because honesty is always so refreshing and people love it because they know you mean what you say and aren't false sycophants...oh and being a bit mad is also part of the aul' charm

It's feckin' sickening that that particular mod is so into creating some unrealistic worldwide homogenised forum where people are expected to behave as unoriginal, dull boring 'nice' people and have to put up with other boring moronic idiots who are allowed to post utter shite at will. You would think they would want to be supportive of creating a forum with an ambience which is friendly, funny, open and intellectually stimulating...but no...the mod that moderates this forum wants only the plonkers of the world to unite on here and moan and whinge and drive us crazy to their hearts content.

It's all a load of bollocks and time for that mod to retire...or relinquish his 'power' because he's rotten at his job.

OT...I love orange hair...I used to have bright orange spiky hair as a teenager, it always looked great when I had a tan too...made my eyes look even greener.

They'll love you here OP
 CartoonLoon
Msg: 6
Posted: 3/10/2009 10:08:52 AM
hahaha thats so funny no dont worry about your hair color, what would cause offense would be you going around shouting orange order rule and i dye my hair to support there stupid marching parade type thingies.
 dub08
Msg: 7
Posted: 3/10/2009 10:15:44 AM
Think she is pulling your leg or just being overly cautious! Dye it green cos its Paddys Day next week!
only leprachaun looking thing I could find
 ehmkay09
Msg: 8
Posted: 3/10/2009 10:52:36 AM
In fairness there's absolutely no way that you would be remotely associated with Orange men. Your friend mustn't have been home for a very very long time. In fact i don't think that was ever a danger. It's not like the Orange Order dye their hair. In fact they tend to wear dead smart bowler hats and can usually be identified by their marching and the banging of large drums. People tend to associate the colour more with the Dutch football team than anything else...and that's a longshot.
 BrianB7az3
Msg: 9
Posted: 3/10/2009 12:20:34 PM
You're safe enough, and very markedly cooler than the rest of the populace! I endorse and support the hair dye!
 DSV2
Msg: 10
Posted: 3/10/2009 12:28:14 PM
Drop some Pinkissimo or Very Violet into it to be safe.
 strawberrysky
Msg: 11
Posted: 3/12/2009 9:36:02 AM
thats so funny, bless ya!!!!

You are more than welcome here regardless of your hair colour
 buddinplant
Msg: 12
view profile
History
Posted: 7/16/2009 7:30:10 PM
no offence but your workmate is either a complete moron! or is taking the proverbial urine!, no one cares about that stuff anymore, and if they do they are a small minority.

its not like you'll get mobbed by the anti orange party, just stared at for having the spheres to dye your hair that shade :)
 Earthytoes
Msg: 13
Posted: 7/17/2009 4:27:40 AM
you might possibly have problems if you went to northern Ireland as it is the marching season of the orange order at this time of year. But you should be fine else where.
 Munsterbear
Msg: 14
Posted: 7/17/2009 5:45:10 AM
Cannot see how it would be a problem anywhere on the isle.

If somebody did have a problem they'd probably be too busy trying to ban oranges from the fruit & veg store. And then moving onto Fanta Orange.
 Barry4fun
Msg: 15
view profile
History
Posted: 7/19/2009 5:45:55 AM
Yeah I'd be very careful with orange hair if I were you. We're really hostile towards anything orange - traffic lights here only have two lights on them owing to sectarian do gooders and there are Leprechaun linch mobs on the move all the time with bottles of green hair dye! dangerous little buggers I tells ya to be sure to be sure!
I think someone's havin a laugh with ya ;)
 ecosse213
Msg: 16
Posted: 7/19/2009 10:12:25 AM
defently think someones pullin you leg
 mir02198
Msg: 17
Posted: 7/19/2009 12:33:41 PM
Op ...your hair isn't orange ..it's magenta red ,going by your pic.....I think your safe!!...What's your point again??...I'm from the south of Ireland...orange order /parade ...sorry but your concern is obselete ....nothing against those of which it is not obselete but we are the republic .......orange means nothing to rest of Ireland ....
 Luthion
Msg: 18
view profile
History
Posted: 7/19/2009 1:41:22 PM
Natski, whoever told you that is extremely old fashioned.

I don't think anyone in this country (except for the most crazed fanatics) would attach the colour of your hair to something like The Orange Order, and attack you over it. You'll find very few 20 somethings who even *care* about something as out-dated and sectarian as The Orange Order.

It's just a colour. Trust me, you'll be fine.
 Munsterbear
Msg: 19
Posted: 7/19/2009 5:02:14 PM
Get someone with green hair and an albino. And you can be a mobile flag. Ha ha
 Away The Ladd
Msg: 20
Posted: 7/19/2009 5:13:30 PM
Well I was into Punk Like a lot of my friends, and I cant see what the big fuss is, its not as if you have anything to do with any of the orders.

I bet the Punks in Ireland dont say to each other, better not do ma hair gren or orange in case I offend, I doubt it Lol. If you love the colour, keep it I say.
 Luthion
Msg: 21
view profile
History
Posted: 7/20/2009 8:39:06 AM

Get someone with green hair and an albino. And you can be a mobile flag. Ha ha

*laughs* That would be a sight to see.

Any green or white haired people on here when go meet up with the thread creator, just so we can take a photo of that? =P
 liklelolly
Msg: 22
Posted: 10/4/2009 4:25:53 AM
lol this is the funniest thing I read in a long while! OP you`l be safe enough dont worry
 dionysiuscork
Msg: 23
Posted: 11/21/2009 3:55:16 AM
Dye your beaver green to make up for it
Show ALL Forums  > Ireland  > An extremly weird question