Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Single Parents  > single dad with a daughter      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 packagedealx3
Msg: 2
view profile
History
single dad with a daughterPage 1 of 1    
We are all flying by the seat of our pants because even when you are an "experienced" parent, each stage is different and each child is different.

If you feel at a loss, do some reading. You don't say how old your child is but you can very easily access information about developmental issues and you can start reading these threads because there is usually a good deal of advice about many parenting issues here.

Love your daughter, spend time and attention on her and more than anything talk to her. You'll do fine.
 Kittyo9
Msg: 3
view profile
History
single dad with a daughter
Posted: 3/12/2009 10:57:30 PM
being the Daughter of a dead beat dad and I am also a single mother of a boy who has a dead beat dad. so let me tell you trying to be a single parent is not easy and i know that if you always show your daughter that you'll be their for her you will really have nothing to worrie about but always talk to her first about things and make shure she knows no matter how bad she screws up you may not like the action but you will always love her!!!
 iitzzyra
Msg: 4
Posted: 3/13/2009 1:04:44 AM
Its the hardest job in the whole world. You're stuck with it for your whole life not unless you release your custody(shame on you). It's a handful.

BUT it has the most remarkable title, award, feeling, love, and one of the best feeling in the whole world. Whatever you wanna call it!

I think I've had my moments when I wasn't sure what I was doing when he was like an infant, lol. My lil boy still drives me nuts but I wouldn't trade being his Mom for anything.
 SingleDadOf3Girls
Msg: 6
view profile
History
Posted: 3/14/2009 8:13:37 AM
As my screen name says, I'm a single dad of 3 girls. I've had full custody for the last eight years. They're all teenagers now. My oldest is moved out and married. Now I'm a single grandpa as well. Over the last five years I've managed to rais my girls, start a successfull computer repair and retail store and put myself through college. It hasn't been the easiest job but I wouldn't trade it for anything. I've made a lot of mistakes raising them but that's how we learn. I don't shelter my girls. Yes I protect them but they have learned so much from being able to make thier own mistakes. As far as dressing them. Well truth be told, they are now my little fashion consultants as I enter back into the dating world lol. I'm about to turn forty-one in april but I don't look my age or act like it. I truley believe I owe this to my children. They have kept me young at heart. We play together all the time. Now that they are older, we just play different games. We snowboard, go sledding, climb trees, go water skiing and tubing. We jump off cliffs at the lake. And sometimes we just go out for dinner and a movie. Scary movies at that. I never took any parenting classes or read any books but I've listened and watched other parents, single and together. I trust my gut. If it feels wrong, it is wrong. If it feels right, it's probably still wrong but it's one of those, let them decide issues lol One thing I've learned is that no matter what you do or teach them, they grow up to be thier own person with thier own personality. That's the hidden beauty in being a parent. Guidence is the key.
Show ALL Forums  > Single Parents  > single dad with a daughter