Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Missouri  > Missouri Prayers & Thoughts thread...      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 HarleyKat~
Msg: 1
Missouri Prayers & Thoughts thread...Page 1 of 7    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7)
Whether you are spiritual, religious, or not...this is the place to list or ask for prayers and thoughts for local Fishies.

I believe.
~*~*~*~*~*~*

Fishie Ballwin-Lady (Terri) needs some prayers & thoughts...her mother is recovering from breast cancer surgery..and now she is undergoing surgery of her own. Please don't ask what type...that's her place to tell! ;) Please snuggle her in!

Please also include FatBottomGirlie's (Shellie) entire family into your prayers. Her momma is also dealing with breast cancer.
~*~*~*~*~*~*
PLEASE do not turn this into a chatty thread! It is a peaceful place to come and have a moment of silence and thought for those who need such, or to ask for such for someone or yourself.

Thanks!
 previouslyme
Msg: 2
Missouri Prayers & Thoughts thread...
Posted: 3/17/2009 5:42:52 PM
We had a thread going similar to this when Cammies mom was diagnosed. I don't feel like looking for it.

I feel we can all use a little prayer that we may all find what we are looking for or realize we already have everything we need.

EDIT... Added... (I guess it was the thought provocing words of encouragement and then the good news to share... not as appropriate and to the point as this...)

I hope Cammie's mom is doing better, Cammie too!
 HarleyKat~
Msg: 3
Posted: 3/17/2009 5:47:59 PM
Well I searched in all of Missouri forums...wanted it Missouri exclusive. :)

Any retard who would vote to have a prayer thread deleted is an ass hat, pond scum, piece of sh1t. Sheesh.
 Ms_Lookn4fun
Msg: 4
Posted: 3/17/2009 7:50:38 PM
I have a friend who's 19yo daughter was diangosed with Lymphona; appears she went through surgery and she's got that positive outlook that all will be what it will be in the end. Anyone going through a tough time..Theresa's dad, my friend's daughter, Cammie's mom, Shellie and Terri's family as well, May the good vibes shine down on all of you and may He lay a healing hand on your loved ones.
 SusieStL
Msg: 5
Posted: 3/17/2009 7:51:17 PM
It takes all kinds... but the good news is... the forum is still here.

I have a friend that is dealing with grief... please take a moment of silence and pray that God lightens the pain.

Yes, there are guardian that surround us.
 sporty_ambie09
Msg: 6
Posted: 3/17/2009 8:02:26 PM
I have a friend of mine that is serving in the war, just want everyone to keep him in your thoughts that he comes home safely.
 Sue-De-Nym
Msg: 7
Posted: 3/18/2009 7:39:16 AM
In honor of St. Patty's Day, I offer this Irish Prayer (which doubles as a toast):

May those who love us, love us; and those who don't love us, may God turn their hearts; and if He doesn't turn their hearts, may he turn their ankles so we'll know them by their limping!

previouslyme
Msg: 8
Posted: 3/18/2009 8:31:15 PM
So sorry you have to work with that kind of pain! We are all still praying for Susie, and so far she is doing better, steadily! May the strength of all our prayers ease your pain so that you can get back to full swing soon!
 HarleyKat~
Msg: 9
Posted: 3/18/2009 8:34:22 PM
Aw, Katte!!! {{{{{{{{{{BIG HUGS}}}}}}}}}} to my fellow feline! I know the first days are going to be the hardest for you....but I am praying! If it becomes too much, do ask to be re-evaluated...it may be too soon!
 HarleyKat~
Msg: 10
Posted: 3/19/2009 8:48:48 AM
Brenda...was that who you honored with your beautiful new tat?

This weekend...I raise my glas to Susie!
 db281981
Msg: 11
Posted: 3/19/2009 11:47:28 AM
What a wonderful thread idea.......I will pray for all of you. I ask for prayer for my family especially my dad and younger sister Katie. We just lost my stepmother to breastcancer last friday and her memorial service is this Saturday. Please pray for comfort and strength for my family.

Thanks and God Bless
 previouslyme
Msg: 12
Posted: 3/20/2009 7:12:16 AM
Marsh, I will pray that your efforts pay off. You are a wonderful person, I wish you the best!
 HarleyKat~
Msg: 13
Posted: 3/20/2009 10:28:01 AM
Laree....comfort and strength for you all, hon!

JAZZ.....{{{{{GIANT HUGS}}}}} and prayers your way! It sounds like you are, but I also pray that the children and you are getting the NA or AA support you need, as well!
 HarleyKat~
Msg: 14
Posted: 3/20/2009 7:58:33 PM
Joni...I always have your little Nikki in my thoughts and prayers!! :O)

Good news for all who have had Terri in your prayers and thoughts! She leaves the hospital tomorrow, and seemed in very high spirits. :) (Either that, or she was on some gooood drugs! LOL)

She had a tumor...it was BENIGN...praise God! The ppower of prayer is amazing!
 SusieStL
Msg: 15
Posted: 3/20/2009 9:00:25 PM
~~~Even a few years ago...I honestly did not understand this 'addiction' thing...thinking he could just 'quit'...but the more I'm learning...and the more I'm seeing... that a true addict...not just a weekend warrior drug user...can't just quit that easily...It's going to be a lifetime battle for him.~~~~

I am so very sorry you are going thru this.. and he is going thru this. Unfortunately I am too familiar with this disease. My X.... you got it, that is why he is my X. They honestly are SICK... and they really don't want to be there. Yes it is tough to break that cycle BUT the good news is IT CAN BE DONE. Like you said, it is a lifelong change of lifestyle... trying to say it more positive. Sending out the good vibrations your direction.

I hope you are aware of the support groups out there for YOU and the girls . I know being the person that loves someone who has this disease of addiction, it can pull us down just as bad as it does them. My heart goes out to all of you.

I pray for you to have peace and strength for these girls also.

God bless you and your family.

ONE DAY AT A TIME.

EDIT, I just lifted up in prayer all of those listed on this thread. I too lost my sister 6 years ago to heart disease... very sad. Also, on a lighter note, PRAISE GOD I am doing MUCH better. Thanks for all the prayers.
 imbelievn2ru
Msg: 16
view profile
History
Posted: 3/22/2009 3:31:17 AM
Please keep my family, my health, and my daughter's sense of entitlement attitude in your prayers. Without prayer I would be nothing or maybe a bowl of mush!

From someone that has ten different chronic illnesses due to my body being layed up for nine months after a car accident.
Here is what I have learned:

Individuals need to keep an attitude of the glass is always 3/4 full.
Never take our health for granted for you never know when it won't be the best.
Just because someone doesn't look sick, don't judge them as being lazy.
Always cherish the ones around you for you don't know what may come.
More importantly.............
ALWAYS..ALWAYS..Say a silent prayer for every person you come into contact with.
That person may choose not to speak their sorrow, pain, or hurt.
When you are enduring day to day chronic illness you don't want people to feel sorry for you. You want them to accept you for who you are.
NOTE: This is why I choose to not share my health with potential partners.

Thank you for your prayers in advance!
 ridgemom317
Msg: 17
view profile
History
Posted: 3/23/2009 7:07:01 PM
please tell your friend it gets easier each with Gods help. ive come a long way in 1 1/2 years but im much better now.
 SusieStL
Msg: 18
Posted: 3/23/2009 8:05:08 PM
Just because someone doesn't look sick, don't judge them as being lazy

I have most recently experienced this with people. The dr gave me a handicap tag because I was barley able to walk. People may not realize it BUT when I got out of the car I would be walking ok... after walking around the store by the time I was to go back to my car I was hanging onto the cart in pain... so see you just never know what is going on in ones' life.

Remember, everyone is going thru something so be kind to all you meet today and forever.

ps Katte, woman good laured. Hope you are doing ok.
 db281981
Msg: 19
Posted: 3/24/2009 8:52:26 PM
I've been reading this thread daily and am praying for everyone! I'm so thankful that we have a thread to share on......thanks again Harleykat for starting this! And thank you to everyone who prayed for my family as well. It's been a difficult time but the memorial service was beautiful and the outpouring of love from family and friends was overwhelming. As we were beginning the service people were just pouring in, so many family members made it that day.......people we weren't even expecting and hadn't seen in years just showed up in droves to support my dad was he lost his wife. It was a really special time in a very unique way. I was so grateful to see so many people lend their support to my father has he lives in California and I live here. The family itself, literally filled the entire middle section of the church that's how many family members showed up! And several of them had to travel many hours to be there on that morning!

Thank you all again for your prayers! And I am praying for you all as well!

God Bless!
 HarleyKat~
Msg: 20
Posted: 3/25/2009 6:22:52 AM
Laree...whatta blessing to know so many showed in support and loving memories! This is something I have thought a lot about! Has anyone else? I mean, if a funeral is your preference....who would be there for yours? (deep thoughts) When I go...I prefer cremation...so I am gonna be one of those who insist my family and friends go PARTY and celebrate my LIFE, and reminensce and share pics and all that awesome stuff!

Please include my girl and one of my bestest soul friends in the world...Linda, Shrinkbabe, in prayers and thoughts!

Linda has had the sh!ttiest luck this year, healthwise...with some flukes, accidents, and more. She is undergoing surgery for a herniation and I would like to pray for knowledge and guidance of the surgeons and hospital staff, as well as a speedy and problem free recuperation for Linda!
 db281981
Msg: 21
Posted: 3/25/2009 3:13:48 PM
Yeah I've been wondering about the same things. I never thought much about cremation and still don't know how I'd feel about it......Jill was cremated and her memorial was very much intended to be a celebration. I was having a conversation with one of her friends at church at the memorial, and even though I hadn't really thought about it before the focus of the conversation was really the difference between thinking of her not here, and thinking of her there. In heaven, apart from pain and suffering surrounded by Jesus's presence.......that is definately something to celebrate!

I will pray for Linda, I know how it feels to believe this year has gotten off to a sh!tty start, even though I haven't been physically hurt my stepmother's death came only after being layed off at my job in feb and finding myself unemployeed. But hey, the year has only just begun, and I believe the best for both of us!

God Bless!
 ridgemom317
Msg: 22
view profile
History
Posted: 3/25/2009 7:32:56 PM
i had my husband creamated and it was very hard. but then again losing your soul mate of 35 years was hard to begin with. i had his ashes here at home with me 1 year . i felt it was time to bury them so i had a funeral at JB and i feel more at peace with it. very hard to move on with life when the loved ones ashes are with u. now im looking to have a good life again and to love and be loved. God helped me and pulled me from hell when this all was going on. but im doing good now. thanks.
 HarleyKat~
Msg: 23
Posted: 3/26/2009 7:04:24 AM
Vickie, I thought your hubby was buried? Who were the pics on MS of? I think it awesome you were blessed to say you had 35 years of marriage under your belt!

I have my grandparents ashes (mixed together when she passed after him) and my Uncles, as well. I have a mini urn for my grandparents...and I LOVE feeling as if they are watching over me...and they ARE...totally 'nother story! My Uncle...well...working on "putting them to rest" as he was from Missouri...a well known, hardcore biker...so they have been scattered in varying places including his old homesite. (shhh!) The final part will be scattered someplace meaningful, with his leathers and boots on display. We are working the details now. :)

To each their own with their beliefs! Whatever works for YOU.

Keep up those prayers and thoughts! Have not heard from Linda OR Terry in a couple days!
 HarleyKat~
Msg: 24
Posted: 3/26/2009 9:23:23 AM
I just heard from Terri....she is doing wonderful! She is off pain meds with the exception to at nightime. She is eating well, it seems. She has loads of wonderful friends and family caring for her, and has been walking. She plans to return to some work duties from home...and hopes to make a POF party by the end of April!

Awesome power of prayer!

Come on Linda...you do the same, love!
 HarleyKat~
Msg: 25
Posted: 4/1/2009 5:12:21 PM
Well, Katte...the little bitta storm we had wreaked havoc for me...but am past the worse! ;) I will say, Susie...you and I have even more in common...no more SNOW ACTIVITIES for THIS girl! Ouch! I have a black ass! LOL

Linda's surgery went well...she is doing as expected and may still make the Shady Jacks gig! YEAH!

Please keep Truda in your prayers and thoughts now...LadyMoonMoth...goes into surgery on the 7th. She is PSYCHED about it, but it is still surgery...so please snuggle her in!
Show ALL Forums  > Missouri  > Missouri Prayers & Thoughts thread...