Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  > Ever meet a religious zealot who suddenly starts becoming sexually su      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Listen2hear
Msg: 1
view profile
History
Ever meet a religious zealot who suddenly starts becoming sexually suggestive?Page 1 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
I have personally had fanatically religious women initiate contact with me on this dating site and others. Some make their adherence to their faith clear from what they write in their profile. Others keep their religious devotion a complete secret and then disclose it suddenly after a couple of conversations. After a healthy but intense debate on religion I have had these women completely shift gears and start a very explicit and personal, sexually suggestive dialogue. Has anyone else had a similar experience and what do you make of these types of people?
 freetime2bme
Msg: 2
view profile
History
Ever meet a religious zealot who suddenly starts becoming sexually suggestive?
Posted: 3/19/2009 5:47:56 AM
Yes, they can be real freaks if you let them. I have a good friend that is an athiest, but does much of his shopping at the mega church single groups because of just that. Say one thing do something different. He has to act like a good chirstian at the group meetings, but he does meet the women there and has even tried to get me to come with him, but I can't do the lie well. He even said one of the church higher ups (male) made some possible come ons to him at one of the meetings, but he does not roll that way. Fact, lots of represed sexual needs at church singles meetings. Gotten a number or two and a date or two with out having to put up the frount at the meetings thanks to my friend not being a****block and the zealots can come around in a sec.
 TooShadows
Msg: 3
view profile
History
Posted: 3/19/2009 7:19:34 AM
My girlfriend spends a lot of time on "BigChurch" and she says this is pretty common,though more from the men than the women. During school one of our classmates was a Jehovah's Witness,and one minute she was expounding her religion and the next pulling a boy or two into the storage closet.
 GeneralizingNow
Msg: 4
Posted: 3/19/2009 9:11:01 AM
I actually had a man that I dated a couple of times say that he could never date someone like me (atheist) because of his strong belief in God. But he would be interested in having a simple sexual relationship with me! Woo hoo, thanks, Christian!
(um, I said Yes just to scare him off and never heard form him again)
 Listen2hear
Msg: 5
view profile
History
Posted: 3/19/2009 3:10:48 PM
Luckyhot,

Thank you for contributing. I never used the word hypocrite. I have no problem with this behavior, I simply wish to understand it. I also recall a liaison with a preacher's daughter. The preacher's daughter however did not preach. I guess she was the prodigal daughter in a way. I would not deny any religious person their inherently human sexuality. More power to them. I have known agnostics who were frigid, so an uninhibited woman of faith is a step in the right direction. The only thing that bothered me was her insistence that her god was the only correct god and that this would make itself known on judgement day. By this time I started to worry a bit. I nervously asked her if judgment day preceded or followed the afternoon of delight.

Humungo,

Hysterical reply! Thank you for the laughter and the mammaries.
 GreenEyesGoldenLocks
Msg: 6
Posted: 3/19/2009 4:35:21 PM
dated a guy for a while who would tell me all the reasons I was going to hell if I didnt save myself and I pointed out that I was pretty sure I would see him there since he was coveting the hell out of me and screaming oh god fck me was probably taking the lords name in vain... yeah that didnt last long but he was fun to argue religion with
 Listen2hear
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Posted: 3/19/2009 8:14:57 PM
I really enjoyed reading all the responses. Thank you all for taking the time to read my forum post and for contributing. Your answers were candid, insightful and just plain hilarious.

Tessie,
I am not bragging or complaining, merely observing. Honest to god.

freetime2bme,
Thank you for the inside information. In my particular case with one of these ladies, she spent over an hour on the phone insisting that every passage in the New Testament was the literal word of god, devoid of any mistakes, contradictions or misinterpretations. She even suggested that I drop to my knees and pray to god prior to retiring for the evening. After she exhausted herself on scripture she wanted to change the subject. Did she ever. The next thing she said was that she wished she had a man in her bed and quizzed me about masturbation. The lord works in mysterious ways.

Flittery,
Please specify what I said that bashed anyone's religious convictions. I am simply relating what happened. If I needed a good reason to bash religion and the hypocrisy contained within its hallowed confines, your sanctimonious and judgmental reply just provided me with ample ammunition.

Yogibear,
It is fascinating to think that this could be just a ploy to get me change into a goy.

Antz,
Great post. Many thanks. It sounds like you were constantly moving in a vicious circle from Christmas to Mardi Gras then to Lent and Yom Kippur rolled into one. She had you swinging on the chandelier one minute one hanging by a cross the next.

Ross,
Thanks. Yes, I can appreciate that we are all human, sometimes in the worst of ways. I suppose if she did not come on as so self-righteous I wouldn’t have batted an eye. I have certainly dated observantly religious women before but they were moderate in their beliefs so it seemed natural and consistent.

kpooks,
Thank you. I agree with you wholeheartedly regarding the trust issue and it certainly makes sense that one I’ve met is sexually repressed. I almost talked her into having phone sex but she was afraid of an ear infection.

Doc,
Uproariously appropriate! If you haven't quite fulfilled the lord's mission, it sounds like you have fulfilled someone.

SweetSmartNSassy,
Wonderfully witty tale. I have certainly experienced my share of CHINOS. (Christians In Name Only).

JustAWench,
Another gem of a night’s tale. May the lord smite me with that kind of penance.

RosiaG,
I guess they are attempting to test out the old adage about power being the greatest aphrodisiac. Practicing what you preach is one thing but when the preacher insists that you practice on him, that is quite another.
 Blondecharmthe3rd
Msg: 8
Posted: 3/20/2009 2:29:47 AM
mmm I have been sexually pursued by a minister, and then slept with him after his separation. He made no bones about his sexuality, but started off as a friend first.

He didn't consider what he did was wrong, neither did I. He is non-denominational based on his own beliefs not conforming to the set religions. He has the power to help all faiths and is still one of the sweetest men I know.
 Listen2hear
Msg: 9
view profile
History
Posted: 3/20/2009 5:38:14 AM
Another woman who classified herself as god-fearing Christian, initiated contact with me even though I made it quite clear I did not share her religious views. She was specifically looking for a Christian man and while I was raised in a conservative Judaic home, I now classify myself as non-religious. Very soon, she steered the conversations toward her sexual appetite. The topic went from dogma to dildos and her desire for unnatural acts replaced discussing the Book Of Acts.

Also quite apparent in my conversations with these women was that their intelligence levels were in direct disproportion to their degree of religious fanaticism. The more they relied on an unsubstantiated belief system, the less they knew about anything else. In fact, they were significantly uneducated when compared to less self-righteous women I have encountered. Are there any observations on this point that someone who like to contribute?

The more rationally moderate one's religious convictions are the easier it becomes to accept their all too human desires. When their believe system boarders on or lies within the fringe of fanaticism, we perceive them as living by a double-standard. I agree with most of the forum contributers that we are only human. So it seems as if there are two great equalizers in this life, death........and sex.
 parklabrea
Msg: 10
view profile
History
Posted: 3/21/2009 9:51:25 PM
I'm a religious Zealot and I hardly ever become sexually suggestive to people. By "hardly ever," I mean not all the time. By, "not all the time," I mean not at this moment. By, "not at this moment," I mean I'd like to know what every woman on this thread is wearing.
 Listen2hear
Msg: 11
view profile
History
Posted: 3/22/2009 8:01:22 AM

I'm a religious Zealot and I hardly ever become sexually suggestive to people. By "hardly ever," I mean not all the time. By, "not all the time," I mean not at this moment. By, "not at this moment," I mean I'd like to know what every woman on this thread is wearing.

Parlabrea,
Thank you for the comic relief. Even an acute case of self-righteousness may be remedied with the powerful antidote contained within laughter.
 Listen2hear
Msg: 12
view profile
History
Posted: 3/22/2009 9:42:31 AM

How does one become SO zealot...?

NEVER engage in the Topic of Religion... what DOES it have to do with SEX?
Politics are a BAD topic 2...

1984loveis,

Thank you for contributing to my forum topic.

One crosses the line into religious fanaticism when they start believing that their religious path is only truth. A person like this immediately dismisses every other spiritual belief system. I do not consider myself a religious person but I passionate support the idea of religious freedom and the separation of church and state. I consider one's religion's ideals to be a very personal matter

I do not necessarily agree that the topics of religion or politics need to be off limits in a dating scenario. They are part of your identity. Within the best relationship I ever had, my gal and I did not have the same spiritual beliefs. She had no interest in politics while I am a very vocal, constitutionalist libertarian. She was a gem of a women who was wise beyond her years, had a heart as big as the sun and contributed to made making me a better man. Many are also of the opinion that discussing sex too early in a relationship is a sure fire way to offend a potential mate. That is why I always wait for the woman to initiate any discussion about sex. Once she decrees it should be out in the open a man can jump right in. When a man opens the topic, most women will be on the defensive and misjudge him as being sexually obsessed.
 Listen2hear
Msg: 13
view profile
History
Posted: 3/23/2009 11:30:23 AM
Zekestone,

Thank you for your cautionary tale about using caution with a piece of tail. I agree that religious fanaticism is a visible symptom of more serious illnesses like neurosis or obsessive compulsive behavior. I am glad you brought up "hell" because it evoked a memory of yet another woman, this one happened to be a Catholic. She was adorable (on the outside) and I took her to dinner one evening. After driving her home and walking her to her door she disclosed without warning: "I'm not on the pill or anything. I know if I have premarital sex I'll be committing a sin but if I use any type of birth control I'll go right to hell." I thanked her for a lovely evening, kissed her on the check and drove home. I had no intention of trying anything on the first date anyway. Little did I know when the evening started that her Catholic angst would prevent a second date.
 polo59
Msg: 14
view profile
History
Posted: 4/6/2009 1:36:03 AM
listen2hear,

Your reply to luckyhot was hysterically funny! As one who was raised with a conservative christian upbringing I can attest to the fact of what you are saying about the so-called religious zealots being sometimes the most hypocritical in that their actions don't back up how they profess to live. One would hope that these people could have an original thought of their own rather than parroting what they have had drilled into their heads all their lives, but perhaps not. Anyway, I've enjoyed reading your responses...too funny!

polo59

LuvU4Now
Msg: 15
Posted: 4/6/2009 11:57:20 AM
The only religious zealot becoming sexually suggestion was my priest.
 cw35
Msg: 16
view profile
History
Posted: 4/7/2009 9:07:02 AM
Hmm. How could this possibly surprise you? Anybody who's a religious fanatic and tries to make everyone feel guilty about sex is usually a supreme hypocrite in denial 99.9% of the time. The main reason I have zero respect for so-called religious people or what they supposedly stand for. They're usually so twisted up inside it's scary.
Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  > Ever meet a religious zealot who suddenly starts becoming sexually suggestive?