Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Florida  > What Have You Done Lately For......YOURSELF To Make You Happy???      Home login  
 AUTHOR
What Have You Done Lately For......YOURSELF To Make You Happy???Page 1 of 4    (1, 2, 3, 4)
I was thinking about this question recently and thought that for those of us that are always doing, giving, and pleasing others...
what do we do for OURSELVES that makes us happy and fulfilled?

I'll start this one off and, KEEP IN MIND, Please give ONLY positive answers when referring to yourself and what brings you joy and fulfillment in your everyday life.

Yesterday, I went for a full body massage. I enjoyed it immensely and, I feel it is definitely something to "treat yourself" to with beneficial results.

Okay...who wants to jump on this bandwagon? Don't be shy!!!

~~Beth~~
 SRQleslie
Msg: 2
What Have You Done Lately For......YOURSELF To Make You Happy???
Posted: 3/19/2009 6:19:12 PM
Beth, a 'massage' sounds YUMMY!!! I think we should ALL 'indulge & pamper' ourselves from time-to-time! IF we don't...........who ELSE will??

I just purchased a 'small treat' for myself today! NOTHING major but it gave me great pleasure!

A PALM TREE!

I love to bring the 'outside' ........'inside'..........and surround myself with tropical live plants! THIS new one has found a home for itself next to my Louis French tapestry chair in my bedroom!

GOOD THREAD.....................POSITIVE...........I like that!!!
 aintold
Msg: 3
Posted: 3/20/2009 6:22:26 AM

I bought myself new PJ's in honor of my reverence for

OK, lets take a survey, how many people want Hallie to put a picture of her in her new jammies on her profile ? I vote yes
 aintold
Msg: 4
Posted: 3/20/2009 8:29:26 AM
Hmmmmmmm, maybe I'll host a pof pajama party,
Maybe that's what we'll do for your pof birthday party in August
I'm sure leslie, and nancy have some cute jammies too. Oh and someone needs to come in a bra so we can send pictures to cajun
 SRQleslie
Msg: 5
Posted: 3/20/2009 8:50:07 AM
AWWWW.......Hallie, a Birthday 'suit' PAJAMA party!!!! You shoud 'reconsider'!

I actually GAVE a pajama party once! (Of course it was in my own home)....but I had the movie 'Pajama Game with Doris Day and Rock Hudson" in the background and the men were all asked to bring their 'teddy bears' with them! Everyone kept it 'tasteful' (including smoking jackets, etc.). It was REALLY a 'comfy' party........so that made me HAPPY! (in keeping with the thread). It was a real 'stitch'!

I think you should DO it...........I'd come on over!........something 'happy' in the future!
 aintold
Msg: 6
Posted: 3/20/2009 9:00:25 AM
OK, leslie, I'll send you an invitation, You can sit at the head table with me
Just showing off what I learned
 aintold
Msg: 7
Posted: 3/20/2009 9:21:04 AM

I'm SO proud of you!

You mean that's all it took, I could have saved myself a lot of work in the past few months
Posted: 3/20/2009 10:14:20 AM
Hey you guys..
STAY ON TOPIC NOW..
Remember what THIS THREAD is ALL ABOUT...
you DO remember...right?

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE LATELY FOR...YOURSELF to Make YOU Happy???

So...let's STAY focused and STAY on topic...

Today, I whipped out all of my SAVED corks from various bottles of wine that I've had for years in an envelope and made some coasters out of them to give to friends as gifts. I hope the coasters will give THEM as much pleasure as it did for me just making the coasters for them.

Have a memorable day all and....TGIF

P. S. The POF PJ party sounds like a great idea, but what if you DON'T wear them?

~~Beth~~
 justnancy
Msg: 9
Posted: 3/20/2009 2:19:31 PM
Green eyes I REMEMBER! Good thread

You are so right, as care givers we tend to give and do for others before ourselves. I know I do. I try to do little things for myself, but I often forget to or I just don't have the time.

2 weeks ago my daughter was getting her hair straightened, It takes a couple of hours. I go through this ritual about every 3-4 months. 1 day one daughter, 2 weeks later, the next daughter.

I never seem to find the time to get my own hair cut.
So 2 weeks ago I finally figured it out!! (took me a while) I got MY hair cut while my daughter was getting her hair done.

Tomorrow I scheduled a manicure for ME while my 2nd daughter gets her hair done.

I've decided each time I make an appointment for them, I'm making one for ME!!!

Hallie,
Leslie MAY BE right on this ONE, LOL, a PJ party would be fun!
Although you may want to let Green eyes know that you NEED to wear PJ's at a PJ party

Aintold- I'm so proud of you too! (my daughters taught me)
 magickisssss
Msg: 10
Posted: 3/20/2009 3:04:14 PM
Once a month I get my nails done (pink and white) and every so often also get a pedicure. I am going to be doing both next saturday. Love the pedicures and a french manicure on the tootsies. Then after the nails and pedicure just sitting by the pool getting some rays gets me relaxed and ready to face the world again
 Latina1056
Msg: 11
view profile
History
Posted: 3/20/2009 4:17:16 PM
Thanks to facebook and a email from my cosuin I reconnected with all my long lost family on my fathers side.. It was so great to see how their children have grown up and married and have children of their own and the family continues to grow.
For me it felt like old times talking with my cousins..... This made me so happy!!!!
So I reconnected with my family for myself...
Now still looking for my fish to be happy even more....
 wolfie34761
Msg: 12
Posted: 3/20/2009 7:25:45 PM
lol.......good one cajun.......... i've kicked a few roomies out for the "same thing"........... nuff said.

what i did for myself this week......... bought myself a beautiful new plant (guess leslie and i have that in common) but when i bought it, there was no tag saying what it was......asking the clerk at walmart was a waste of time.........he said....."they don't pay me to learn stuff" when i told him he ought to know what it is if he's gonna work in the garden shop......... anyway, when i got home my niece was here and she said it is a.......... Fuchsia plant and it is gorgeous. Lovely pink and purple dancing ballarinas!! I plan on spending the day tomorrow doing gardening.... a chore for most folks, but i LOVE doing it. the Fish that i have been dating is also into plants and brought me some excellent potting soil, i bought a bunch of new pots and so i'll be potting up all the clippings i have been rooting !!

ahhhh, the first day of SPRING and i feel like growing something.......

happy fishing y'all !!! and as always............ think pleasant thoughts!

Wolfie
 Dovestreasure
Msg: 13
view profile
History
Posted: 3/20/2009 9:43:38 PM
I Enjoyed a spectacular night of Musical theatre. I saw Legally Blonde and was bedazzeled by the production. Nothing warms my heart more then professional theatre. Its pure magic and the music uplifts me no matter how rough my week may have been:).. My next indulgence will be to see Wicked and Rent. I cant wait
 aintold
Msg: 14
Posted: 3/21/2009 11:01:32 AM

STAY ON TOPIC NOW..
Remember what THIS THREAD is ALL ABOUT...
you DO remember...right?

OK I get the hint. anyway for the Christmas, someone gave me a gift certificate for a pedicure. Me,a pedicure? I'm a macho guy, we don' need no pedicures!!
Anyway, it was a rainy morning, I spent the night at friends in Parkland, (the friends who gave me the gift) so I went. Not bad, i actually enjoyed having my feet rubbed, without having to rub anything back.
Posted: 3/26/2009 7:27:00 PM
I bought myself a new pair of shoes today. OMG, is that my feminine side showing again?
 SRQleslie
Msg: 16
Posted: 3/26/2009 7:37:53 PM

I bought myself a new pair of shoes today. OMG, is that my feminine side showing again?

NOT if they were 'cowyboy' boots!!!!

NO - WAIT - I think ALL the cowboy boots have been purchased already on your coast!!!! (YES - I am cross-posting)!!!

Bob, you are ALL man with a 'sensitive side that WOMEN love!!!
 justnancy
Msg: 17
Posted: 3/26/2009 7:42:31 PM
I hope they were 4" heels Bob!

Now all you need is the red highlights (oh wait, wrong thread)

See what you have us all doing now!!
Posted: 3/26/2009 7:57:14 PM

you are ALL man with a 'sensitive side that WOMEN love!!!

Given the fact that my hooters aren't that great, any suggestions on how I can move that from love to lust?
 aintold
Msg: 19
Posted: 3/27/2009 6:38:08 AM

Given the fact that my hooters aren't that great, any suggestions on how I can move that from love to lust?

first of all bob, your hooters aren't that bad.
what i did for myself, was sign up to leslies birthday party, where i am going to have an excessive amout of fun. I bought the cowboy boots for her birthday dance, and now I'm shopping for a neon green thong, with rhinestones
Posted: 3/27/2009 7:31:57 AM

first of all bob, your hooters aren't that bad.

Well, that's creepy. Hal is eying up my hooters.

now I'm shopping for a neon green thong, with rhinestones

Forget the thong and just carry your guitar.
 SRQleslie
Msg: 21
Posted: 3/27/2009 7:41:33 AM
Given the fact that my hooters aren't that great, any suggestions on how I can move that from love to lust

Bob, if any of us......had any doubt.......about your feminine side..........the FACT
that YOU just asked how to move from love to LUST............ just CONFIRMS that you are ALL man!

a WOMEN would have posted the question: How do I go from lust to LOVE???

to 'wrap up', I am HAPPY to affirm that Bob, in the final analysis, with or without makeup, is a 100% red-blooded male!!
Posted: 3/27/2009 7:52:25 AM

I am HAPPY to affirm that Bob, in the final analysis, with or without makeup, is a 100% red-blooded male!!

That's funny. I never felt a thing.

OMG, Cajun is right. I'm so old that I must have slept right through it.
 Green Eyes In Florida
Msg: 23
view profile
History
Posted: 3/27/2009 10:13:46 AM
It would appear that aintold (Hal) is keeping the thread intact by "covering" himself...by stating "what he has done lately for HIMSELF to make HIMSELF happy"..

but as for the rest of you ....a thrashing with a wet noodle...who's first?? LOL

Anyway...today I am getting a pedicure..(that makes me happy) ..but just deciding on what color to get...HOT RED or something HOT PINK being that spring time is upon us.

Any suggestions? I might also go shopping since I have a credit from a store and want to get a cute outfit.

pedicures and shopping..what more could a gal ask for on a TGIF day???
This makes me happy...for the moment.
~~Beth~~
 justnancy
Msg: 24
Posted: 3/27/2009 1:07:26 PM

first of all bob, your hooters aren't that bad

O.k.... I thought you were Elly May, not Wanna!

Boy you two are giving me my fair share of : "Memory Brain Aerobics"
Hmmm....unless you two take turns┬┐ How sweet!!

what i did for myself, was sign up to leslies birthday party, where i am going to have an excessive amout of fun. I bought the cowboy boots for her birthday dance, and now I'm shopping for a neon green thong, with rhinestones

So glad you signed up for the job!

Leslie, I hope you enjoy the entertainment that everyone has worked so hard to arrange for you!! Happy Birthday!!

Cajun, from what I hear there just may be a bra fight in your honor at Hallies!!
 Green Eyes In Florida
Msg: 25
view profile
History
Posted: 3/27/2009 3:32:21 PM
Cajun, from what I hear there just may be a bra fight in your honor at Hallies!!

Well..if Cajun wants to, he can use one of my cups in the bra fight as a hat. LOL Sort of gives you an idea on the size...

Oh..btw..got a pretty color called "Tangerine" on my toes since NO ONE gave me any feedback on what color to get for spring..looks beautiful against my tanned legs. Whoo Whoo!!! That made ME HAPPY!!! (Doesn't take much..lol)

~~Beth~~
Show ALL Forums  > Florida  > What Have You Done Lately For......YOURSELF To Make You Happy???