Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  > I think I'm weird      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 windloverr
Msg: 4
view profile
History
I think I'm weirdPage 1 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
Bisexual, but not "gay" since you obviously have some sexual attraction to men. You already know you have a lot of issues; some of which you've already acknowledged some of which you haven't. You're NOT "weird", just not the "Ozzie and Harriet" type of "normal" that we are all supposed to aspire to. Besides, Harriet probably used to dress in a latex cat suit, and make Ozzie get on all fours and bark.
 La Gioconda
Msg: 9
I think I'm weird
Posted: 3/23/2009 1:22:45 AM
OP:

Not that I expect anyone to have a "correct" answer, as I imagine this is a bit subjective, but do I sound gay to you, or just a bit 'effed up?

If your post is about this question alone, then it is pointless. You have already mocked the idea of labels in your first sentence, and you summerised your post by asking people to label you. In my opinion, the labels don't matter. You know you are not lesbian, you are simply bi-sexual, and it's all cool. We are all wired differently. I can fantasize about woman, but when I am with him, the experience is much more gratifying. I can engage my whole being with him, but have not desire to do this with her. Same applies to deep emotions. So this probably makes me bi-curious. Women sexuality is much more fluent, it's common to respond to both sexes. Apparently men sexuality is more solid. Still would like to learn more about this topic. cheers, LG
 Rushâ„¢
Msg: 17
I think I'm weird
Posted: 3/23/2009 5:28:59 AM
I wouldn't say effed up, OP. From your initial post, you seem to enjoy woman, than you do men.
 no_1_bby
Msg: 20
view profile
History
I think I'm weird
Posted: 3/23/2009 6:35:39 AM
I don't find that unusual at all. We are different things with differen people, be they male or female. My guy is bi.. and he's definitely more top with the boys and more bottom with me, and yet he was top with his female exes...
 dannyr0697
Msg: 21
view profile
History
I think I'm weird
Posted: 3/23/2009 6:45:07 AM
I had a bi female friend a few years back. She was just like you described. She was fairly aggressive with women, yet passive with men.

Here's my thoughts on the possible reasons behind the way she acted.
1) She was married to a guy I went to school with and have known for years. Several years back, he had a massive coronary, actually died a few times, then was in coma for several weeks. When he woke up he was mentally F'ed up to the point that he had to relearn basics that we learn as children. He is still pretty messed up even this many years later.
Anyway, with that said, she stuck with him, being the "good wife", taking care of him like his own private nurse. The thing is, he isn't capable of sex anymore. So she sought solace elsewhere. Sometimes with women, sometimes with a man. Not in a multi partner way, but with like a boyfriend or a girlfriend. Relationships outside and away from her daily routine at home.
2) When she was with a man, she would be the passive sort, and allow him to do with her as he wanted, without much thought to pleasing him.
I believe this was because at home she had to be "the man" and make all the decisions and be "in charge". When she was away, she wanted to relinquesh that power and take a break from it.
3) When she was with a woman she wanted to please herself and the woman in a way that only a woman could understand and accomplish.

She is still a friend of mine and she is still being "the good wife". Her husband is very lucky to have her for many reasons, but if not for her staying with him and taking care of him, he would be in some sort of care facility.

So, NO, not weird.

L8TR
 slybandit
Msg: 23
I think I'm weird
Posted: 3/23/2009 7:07:41 AM
Yes, oohlala21, you are weird. Congratulations. Well-adjusted people are boring anyhow.

Actually, a better label would be "pervert" rather than weird. You could call yourself "queer" but that would just be too obvious. You could also call yourself a "switch" if you felt like it.

I would not worry about it one bit.

You are more or less one threesome away from being the object of half the puerile male s*x fantasies out there. All you need is a thuggish b/f who does not mind you sleeping with other people, so long as those other people are girls.

EDIT: And those guys do exist, by the way. I was one, so I can speak with self-important pseudo-authority on that point.
 dannyr0697
Msg: 26
view profile
History
I think I'm weird
Posted: 3/23/2009 4:58:11 PM

Mainly I find it interesting that there are people posting on this thread with similar experiences...

So you don't think you are weird anymore??? Mission accomplished. If you are weird then there are lots of weird people out there. Which basically makes you not weird. In a sense. Savvy?

L8TR
 verygreeneyez
Msg: 33
I think I'm weird
Posted: 3/23/2009 9:17:00 PM
~OP~ Objectification isn't foreign to many people, but if you are concerned that it isn't "normal" ~ I'd suggest you research it. It's not mainstream (at least here on POF) but you aren't growing a third eye in the middle of your forehead, you are just maybe coming to terms with something you think/feel or even fantasize about. Good luck. JMO
 MsMicki
Msg: 39
view profile
History
I think I'm weird
Posted: 3/24/2009 10:53:29 AM
I have an honest question for you OP

You have admitted to not having any interest in pleasuring a man sexually.....you prefer to be just "taken"....
and you have only kissed another woman.....
how do you know.....when push comes to shove......you will have any interest in pleasuring a woman you are with???
 want to travel
Msg: 45
view profile
History
I think I'm weird
Posted: 4/12/2009 6:14:06 AM
you do not sound effed up, your 22, and are young and full of adventure
you do not sound gay at all, bi for sure ...many women love to be taken by the man
maybe you find women more of a challenge
Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  > I think I'm weird