Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  > Sexting      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 c_deacon
Msg: 2
view profile
History
SextingPage 1 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
What happens in private.......stays in private.

Just my opinion......
 OutMind
Msg: 5
Sexting
Posted: 3/25/2009 12:44:12 PM
That is like a good quality STD, they can spread like a wildfire and from there on you cannot contain it. And like the STDs they may haunt you for the rest of your life.
 ~rain~
Msg: 8
view profile
History
Sexting
Posted: 3/25/2009 1:45:31 PM
I have heard of this too..People are actually getting criminally charged for it! I think that is a tad harsh!

umm..I used my my camera phone to take a pic of me in a tub full of bubbles once..(I think the pic is on facebook somewhere) laffs...eek! should I delete it? NAH!!!!

Now "texting" if there could be criminal charges laid for that content, I would be going away for a very long time!
 Rush™
Msg: 11
Sexting
Posted: 3/25/2009 2:25:22 PM

I started thinking about this because a teenaged girl committed suicide over a pic she sent to her bf. After they broke up, he sent it to friends in revenge and someone posted it on the internet.

Yet another good reason, why I would never send out nude, or half nude photos, over a cam phone.
 Okietokie88
Msg: 16
view profile
History
Sexting
Posted: 3/25/2009 7:47:12 PM
I mean sexual innuendo is as far as anything should go to me,I just think it's strange to send someone something they could potentially masturbate to.Ew masturbating on a cell,now the world has TRULY gone mad.Hmm well to each his or her own....I guess if you ever have to use anyone elses cell you should black light it.
 mercedes8
Msg: 17
view profile
History
Sexting
Posted: 3/25/2009 7:53:09 PM
OMG!!!! Jim978, ur last comment made me fall off my chair in laughter!!!! LMAO!!!!
 Bobby Ramone
Msg: 34
Sexting
Posted: 4/20/2009 8:34:37 PM
Vermont’s Legislature is considering a bill that, if approved, would make the state one of the first in the nation to grant legal protections to teenagers who send sexually explicit photos and videos to one another with their cell phones.

The law change is receiving widespread support from prosecutors, defense attorneys, law enforcement, women’s groups and others. Still, some advocates are questioning whether the proposal crosses the line between legalizing a common practice among teens experimenting with sexuality and protecting predators who target and exploit youngsters.

Also in Ohio: The American Civil Liberties Union of Ohio sent letters to all county prosecutors and members of the Ohio General Assembly today, calling on them to respect sex offender laws and the role of law and not impose heavy-handed charges on 'sexting' teens."
 Yankee_Girl
Msg: 38
view profile
History
Sexting
Posted: 4/22/2009 1:41:31 PM
Yes, I do it. I am also an adult and smart enough to make sure my face is not visible in the pics.
 Kimberish925
Msg: 40
view profile
History
Sexting
Posted: 6/28/2009 11:23:04 AM
Funny...I just had this conversation with someone this morning...never send pics over text or e-mail that you wouldn't want family, friends or co-workers to see.
I can't say I've never sent a risque pic but it was tame enough to be considered boring, in other words you could see more if I were in a bathing suit.
As far as sexting goes, it depends on who is on the recieving end and the trust involved. I have done it as a way to set the mood for later, that was quite fun.
 jayinwny
Msg: 45
view profile
History
Sexting
Posted: 6/29/2009 10:04:58 AM
Sure, I've done it, and I've had some good ones sent to me too. As part of a committed relationship I personally don't see the problem. If your going to do it, just be smart...don't show your face!
 Telkin
Msg: 47
view profile
History
Sexting
Posted: 6/29/2009 6:04:37 PM
Eh, biggest issue I see is, well, it's NOT private, if you're using a cell phone. It's floating through the air, and all anyone needs to do is reach out and grab it. Even if you do have the ability to make a rational decision about the target of your message, you've also got to rely on absolutely everyone doing what they should be doing. It's not like we have people doing wardrives past schools to pick up free wifi anyway... oh, wait.
 miska1
Msg: 48
Sexting
Posted: 6/29/2009 11:21:13 PM
Gawd I hate texting let alone sexting
 HowRJ
Msg: 52
Sexting
Posted: 10/6/2011 2:10:53 PM
I'm old fashioned......I send charcoal renderings.......
 DudeistPriest
Msg: 56
Sexting
Posted: 10/7/2011 4:51:22 PM
I'll admit I've done it. Never with any random contact, just with some one I'm intimate with. Also pics that may have been sent have been at a minimum, never showing anything that would identify it as me (face, tatt,ect.) if it got in the wrong hands, and always at the request of the recipient.
We usually do it when leading up to something, sortof like pre-foreplay. If we know we're getting together on the weekend, we might start some sexting around wednesday.
It's a lot of fun!
Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  > Sexting