Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Which is preferable in relationships      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 ~meme~
Msg: 3
Which is preferable in relationshipsPage 1 of 2    (1, 2)
i think it is good if you are alike because then you have alot in common
 clasact
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Which is preferable in relationships
Posted: 3/25/2009 5:43:59 PM
I plead the fifth.......
 TheTime4us
Msg: 10
Posted: 3/25/2009 5:52:56 PM
Believe it is important to have core values that are similar and then enough differences to make it fun.. variety is the spice of life..

CC..
 bcsofnc57
Msg: 16
Posted: 3/25/2009 6:41:08 PM
I would love to find someone with the exact personality as me. I don't want a 98% match, I want a 100% match.
 ItsMargo
Msg: 20
view profile
History
Posted: 3/25/2009 6:59:09 PM
I've *mostly* had relationships where we were opposites; it was interesting and challenging. Almost like we were compensating with each other for our weak areas and bringing our strengths to the table. Sounds good in theory, until you trip up being human and start to resent the other for the bits that aren't comfortable to you, lol. At times, this opposite business is just too much work. HUH, yanno 100% of them ended in failure.

I like to think I (finally) got my picker fixed this time around. My sweetie and I are very compatible; we are often flat out surprised with how similar we are in how we communicate, view the world, handle conflict, need connection and space. It is effortless! There already ARE enough differences that it is never boring... and we constantly run out of time because we get caught up in fascinating conversations. That's new... someone who is interested in many of the same things I wonder about.

Sign me up for a truly compatible partner who resonates with me.
 daynadaze
Msg: 27
view profile
History
Posted: 3/25/2009 10:20:48 PM
I wouldn't be the least bit interested in someone who was the opposite of me, that doesn't even make sense. I don't want to date my clone either, I'll take someone who is compatible.
 BrownEyedLeo
Msg: 29
view profile
History
Posted: 3/25/2009 10:31:32 PM
I am a Leo. I would not want to live with a fellow Leo. There would be no room for both egoes ! Give me different anyday !!
 Landra
Msg: 32
Posted: 3/25/2009 10:55:58 PM
I'd look for someone who shares the big issues-- morals, values, future goals, family views, religion, maturity level, general outlook on life, etc.
Opposites can attract, but eventually they can repel.
Living with an exact opposite would mean what?
A partying, non-religious, financially irresponsible, morally bankrupt person??
These are the traits the influence personality.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Which is preferable in relationships