Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > A weird question, why do some people have to be so difficult?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Kimberish925
Msg: 2
view profile
History
A weird question, why do some people have to be so difficult?Page 1 of 2    (1, 2)
She's just not that into you...well not the way you are. She's trying to make you over into who she wants/needs you to be. You need to be yourself and don't change who you are unless it's something you're comfortable with or want to change for your self.

Don't stress over it...keep
 packagedealx3
Msg: 6
view profile
History
A weird question, why do some people have to be so difficult?
Posted: 3/25/2009 8:42:31 PM
It's bothering you so badly because your gut is telling you something is wrong. From your post it sounds like she isn't that interested or at least not as interested as you. A month and a half you should still be in the ga ga stage over each other.

You know, when you are actually more of an item, she can spend her money on shoes that aren't cheap nor the rest of it but also it is normal for a woman to sort of spruce up a guy a bit, fashion isn't usually big on their list. If I like a guy, I don't think I am going to care what he looks like as long as he is clean and smells good.

If you think you need a lift, get yourself some "date," clothes, but don't do it for her because she sounds like a bit of a biatch. The Vans, btw, are skateboarding shoes, where did you find this chick?

You sound like a sweetheart of a guy. I realize my vote doesn't count for much, but it would be great if you got a new outfit, gelled up the hair, looked really spiffy, then told her face to face you think you've outgrown her and it's time to move on.

Like that Pazzoozoo. If you go for this one, take a female friend shopping and get stuff you like, not the prescribed outfit by the girl.
 Jake52177
Msg: 11
view profile
History
Posted: 3/25/2009 9:16:00 PM
My friend listen you are you point blank. You can sit and stress over this situation. Or you can move on. All men have gone through what you are going through. Maybe you will meet the girl who makes you want to brush your teeth and put a new shirt on. This is a stepping stone for you. Step up.
 red_relaxed
Msg: 12
Posted: 3/25/2009 9:30:38 PM
You're not compatable with this young woman. That's why it's so difficult.
She's a city slicker concerned with the almost latest fashion (vans are so 90's) and you're a down to earth mountain man.
Don't waste any more time with this gal. She's playing you like a fiddle.
By the way, have you taken this girl home to meet Mom?
 red_relaxed
Msg: 15
Posted: 3/25/2009 9:47:25 PM
I mean no disrespect by that OP. It just appears from what you've shared that she's not as interested in you, as you are in her.
Could be that she's far too busy to have a steady boyfriend with going to school. You want more from her than she's willing or able to give.
When I was 18...oh never mind...
If I was into a guy, I would make time for him. I'd spend more than 5 minutes on the phone. I'd text him, if I texted. I wouldn't be picking at him every time we did see each other.
Just because you told her up front to tell you if she had issues, doesn't mean she'll do it.
Could be, that you fit into her schedule, on her terms. And that's okay, if you can accept her on those terms. But you're saying you can't. You're confused.
 BrownEyedLeo
Msg: 18
view profile
History
Posted: 3/25/2009 10:23:08 PM
She wamts a Preppy Guy, not a mountain guy. Even if you were foolish enough to change your way of dressing to suit her,you still can not change the person you are inside. Sometimes there are a of of years between 18 and 22 and she seems to have a ot of growing up to do before she learns to appreicate a man for who he is and not by the clothes he wears. I can understand this so well. I have a 19 year old Daughter and there is no way she would date anyone that did not wear the right shoes.In her eyes, "shoes make the man". My Daughter also has so many other people in her life that are important to her that she would never remember to call you back. Someone else would call and she would forget that she was suppossed to return your call. Not that she is a rude person, she is just at a time in her life where her friends are more important than a guy that wants to spend a lot of time with her. My Daughter falls "in love" every other week. By the second date she is bored, and finds all kind of reasons she doesn't like the boy. She is a long way from becoming involved in a committed relationship. And ... fortunately, she also knows that ! This isn't about you. It is about an 18 year old trying to learn to live in a woman's world.
 Landra
Msg: 20
Posted: 3/25/2009 10:58:51 PM
It's because she's still an immature teenage girl (eight-TEEN)
You can't really expect too much emotional maturity from teen girls who live with their parents. She's still living her high school mentality.
 GoneSailinBabe
Msg: 24
Posted: 3/26/2009 9:53:42 AM

After last weekend, I've gotten virtually no feedback, or word from her what-so-ever. I try calling once or twice and leave a message once. When I do get ahold of her, she doesn't stay on long and has even said she'd call back later, but never does.

Here it is - cut and dried - can you take it?

She is NOT into you.

She doesn't want to be with you.

She's NOT into you.

Stop.
Move on.

You are NOT being led on - you're chasing.
There's a difference.

Stop.
 GoneSailinBabe
Msg: 28
Posted: 3/26/2009 12:40:34 PM
You're angry why?

Because she doesn't like you?

Or because she won't tell you she doesn't like you?
 red_relaxed
Msg: 29
Posted: 3/26/2009 12:44:24 PM

It's just hard to swallow.

Yup, that's right it is hard; so is Buckley's cough syrup, but IT WORKS!
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > A weird question, why do some people have to be so difficult?