Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Plentyoffish Site/Suggestions/Help  > Blocked? or deleted Account?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Sterno
Msg: 1
Blocked? or deleted Account?Page 1 of 5    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5)
I've been chatting with a woman for about a week and today her account disappeared along with my sent messages to her. The messages from her are still in my inbox, but the account name is missing there as well. I'm fairly sure this indicates a deleted account but would like to confirm that this isn't what being blocked looks like.

Thanks
 Sterno
Msg: 2
Blocked? or deleted Account?
Posted: 3/29/2009 8:54:05 PM
did a user search as you suggested and yep, she closed her account today.
Thanks Cowboy. I figured as much.

oh well.
 L8NITE54
Msg: 3
Posted: 3/30/2009 9:10:24 PM
I have been on the site now for about 3 weeks. Prior to this I was on about 4 years ago without incident. I followed all the rules posted & never received any warnings. All was good. I tried one night to sign in & my account was gone. I have just recently got back on again , but , I have to re register every 2 days to a week. My profile keeps disappearing after getting to know quite a few people. Why does this happen? My settings are as requested but , I have to keep re registering ( it's been about 9 times in the last 3 weeks). This is very annoying & it makes me look like I am not a reliable person. I think they need actual people that we can register complaints with rather than the automated system now in place. My profile is up once again so if there are any suggestions , please message them before my profile disappears yet once again! Thank you................L8NITE54.
 breath~
Msg: 4
Posted: 3/31/2009 7:20:24 AM
^^ do you continually try to have a "non head shot" picture as your primary picture?
that might be it.
 venusflytrap
Msg: 5
Posted: 4/13/2009 8:05:30 PM
If you are rude to someone and get multiple complaints, your IP will be flagged and you will automatically be deleted from POF for any account you make from that computer. It takes from 24-36 hours it seems (I know someone who was rude on the forums and his profiles regularly got deleted).
 blondblueyed
Msg: 6
Posted: 4/24/2009 6:02:23 AM
^^^ Since you have restricted mail to females only and those under your own age you probably will be blocked from sending yourself a message, unless you take them off just to check. Do you have anyone you are in contact with that also has an outside email account to help you check? You could try emailing one of the Mods…Trappedonbayst is good about helping people with their email problems.
 OTTO BONN
Msg: 7
Blocked? Or Deleted Account?
Posted: 4/26/2009 11:45:18 AM
I can't put him on my favorites list either.

That's all part of being on someone's Blocked Users list. They get removed from your Favorites and you can't add them back.

If he did block you by accident, perhaps he will look at your profile and see your Forums post as this is your only one. If not by accident, well, all I can say is I wish I wasn't a smoker.
 MsEclectic
Msg: 8
Posted: 5/5/2009 8:43:24 PM

was removed from the site then all trace is gone.

I'm curious how difficult it is for someone to get deleted...a guy I had on my faves list, and who was on my faves list dissappeared. I searched for the username, and it came back blank...

So, it looks like he has been deleted. I have his number written down, but now I wonder if I should even contact him, because he must have done something...unsavory?? Any thoughts?
 ~JustSimplyMe~
Msg: 9
view profile
History
Posted: 5/5/2009 9:12:23 PM
or he hid his profile ?
 scooby1965
Msg: 10
Posted: 5/5/2009 9:19:10 PM
He probably just met someone and removed his profile? I also read where enough complaints will get you 86'ed..
 MsEclectic
Msg: 11
Posted: 5/5/2009 9:26:38 PM
If he had removed his profile his messages would not vanish - it would say something like 'user deleted profile', I believe....

So I guess I won't be calling him.
 sexyryan82
Msg: 12
Posted: 11/15/2010 11:47:14 PM
i want my account deleted please
 spaulding5996
Msg: 13
Posted: 2/3/2011 2:15:36 PM
hi there i thought u could help, my sister has tryed to create an account to meet a partner, she is a transexual and clearly states this in her profile so their can be no mistake, she provides a head shot and non nude photos, everything she put in her profile is correct and true, she did not put any thing bad at all in it, yet she has tryed 7 times to make an account and it always get deleted, is this plenty of fish discriminating????
 SWEET G
Msg: 19
Posted: 7/31/2011 8:58:27 PM
How many complaints does a person have to have to be deleted? How is it determined?
 SWEET G
Msg: 20
Posted: 8/4/2011 7:03:39 PM
Whats it mean if you look for a person thru the username, they don;t show,?
 SWEET G
Msg: 21
Posted: 8/7/2011 1:14:14 AM
how do you hide your account?
 UglyFroggieCritter
Msg: 22
Posted: 8/7/2011 2:25:40 AM
To hide your accout, click on "Edit Profile". A third of the way down your screen, under the tabs that say "Edit Profile", "See Profile", "Mail Settings" etc, you'll see "If you wish to hide your profile click here". Hover your mouse over "click here" and hit it do hide your profile. The line then reverts to "To unhide your profile, click here" for when you want to change your mind.
 SWEET G
Msg: 23
Posted: 8/20/2011 5:39:31 PM
Theres a guy on here thats using POF for sex.. Solictiting women to pick him up and get a motel room.. I copied over his text.. Guys should.nt use this site for their own pleasures .. They should wanna meet in person and see where it goes from the first date.. He also says he meets married women at motel rooms, they pay for the motel room/and him for sex.. That is disgusting to texts to women that hes interested in.. He can do a better job than their husbands..
 UglyFroggieCritter
Msg: 24
Posted: 8/20/2011 7:20:45 PM
So why post here about him? Go to his profile, scroll all the way to the bottom and hit the button that says "Report User" and follow the steps to send an official message to those in charge.
 BandMan2011
Msg: 26
Posted: 9/10/2011 10:39:00 AM
its happening to alot of people pof says. mine also
 SWEET G
Msg: 27
Posted: 9/17/2011 5:13:28 PM
I have reported a person whu I believe hes using this site for his own pleasures...Sent email of texts that I have received from him.. Hes still on here.. such as wanting to have sex in motel room, mentioning how he gets paid for sex with married women.. Hes even asked to send pics of privates..
 SweetGG
Msg: 28
Posted: 10/13/2011 5:51:30 PM
how many complaints does a user have to get to be deleted from POF?

unknown and not divulged for obvious reasons

SweetGG
Msg: 29
Posted: 10/13/2011 5:54:32 PM
theres a certain person who hides his account because he uses this site for his own pleasures, ask women for naked pics.. then bullies them. i had to close a restart my account because of him.. I have complained each time..

If this continues, send an email with "Continued Abuse" in the subject line to csr@pof.com and provide the alias name and the url of the web page where his profile appears. The url is in the address bar of your web browser when viewing his profile.

AB_SEP
Msg: 30
Posted: 2/7/2012 4:59:21 AM
The site no longer seems to differentiate between users who closed their accounts (typically because they met somebody) and users who were deleted (violation of service terms, typically by being an abusive or fake profile).

Is there a reason this no longer is done? Back when it was, it was relatively easy to decide when a person you'd talked to 6 weeks earlier returns to the site was worth talking to again: that "deleted" notice was a good sign they weren't on the level.

It wouldn't be a bad thing to reinstate IMHO, it was a small thing that helped people who did bad things minimize their damage.
 justasmalltowngirl24
Msg: 31
Posted: 5/31/2013 8:22:25 AM
If a guy blocked me, I would still be able to see his previous messages in my inbox no? I just would not be able to send him an email?
Show ALL Forums  > Plentyoffish Site/Suggestions/Help  > Blocked? or deleted Account?