Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > SCAMS - for the guys      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 TooShadows
Msg: 5
view profile
History
SCAMS - for the guysPage 1 of 2    (1, 2)
There's a game site I have a profile on,and I frequently get messages from women supposedly interested in talking and forming a long-term relationship. Oddly enough,they're always from Dakar. I just send a message back to them through the game site,but I never get another reply,or if I do it's worded exactly the same. Wonder why that is?
 daynadaze
Msg: 7
view profile
History
SCAMS - for the guys
Posted: 3/30/2009 7:58:54 PM
You know, I've never seen anywhere down at the bottom of anyone's profile where it says you can report them. ??? Am I banned from that feature?

As for scams, I'm still working on the thread that says I can make money because I'm fat, now just how does that work?

These scams are pretty simple to avoid, if someone tells you they love you and you haven't met them or just met them and/or they ask for money, block them. I don't even care if it's not really a scammer, anyone talks to me like I'm a prize idiot, I block them.
 notregme
Msg: 8
view profile
History
SCAMS - for the guys
Posted: 3/30/2009 9:46:40 PM
Thats too funny she contacted me a few years back,sadly thats about the only resposces I got.sad oh so sad,But I still have my money.lol
 jgmxyz1
Msg: 11
SCAMS - for the guys
Posted: 5/7/2009 5:51:03 AM
What about the "GOOGLE pays me $5000 a month" scams that are linked to from POF? Markus should be ashamed of himself!
 Pyro74
Msg: 14
view profile
History
SCAMS - for the guys
Posted: 5/7/2009 2:12:46 PM

Anyone been messaged by some chick thats in West Africa, but supposedly is from your city? Then a few weeks later says she's been arrested or robbed and needs money to get home? This has happened twice to me on here....damn scammers....

Fool me once, ...........shame on.................shame on you, ..............You fool me, you can't get fooled again.
 music_fan
Msg: 20
view profile
History
SCAMS - for the guys
Posted: 7/7/2009 8:36:41 PM
Fast-1,

The type of scam that you mentioned is called a romance scam, these types of scams have been going on for many years.

I had a few people try to scam me. Most of these scams come from the country of Nigeria in Africa.
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > SCAMS - for the guys