Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Health Wellness  > Days apart from working out      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 JensenC
Msg: 1
view profile
History
Days apart from working outPage 1 of 1    
I know when you work out (by work out, I mean weight lifting, not cardio) , you are supposed to wait a day before working out again (Like working out on Monday, and waiting till Wendnesday to work out again).

I was wondering if there was any dangers of working out two days in a row, even if you are targeting a different muscle group on the next day.
 JensenC
Msg: 2
view profile
History
Days apart from working out
Posted: 3/31/2009 10:25:01 AM
I kinda figured, because I was working on my Chest and Triceps yesterday, and I was wondering if it would be bad if I focused on my Back and Biceps today, because I wont be able to work out on Thursday, and I dont wanna break my ruetine (sp?)
 3N0
Msg: 3
Posted: 3/31/2009 12:20:03 PM
That's a pretty common routine and schedule... Sometimes I'll break back into two separate days (back to back, pardon the pun). One day I'll focus on wide grip exercises and work in shoulders afterwards and the following day I'll work on narrow grip exercises and work in biceps (or triceps- depending on the regimen).

Adequate rest for your upper body should follow... so your next day may be legs instead of shoulders?

Eno
 hirpit
Msg: 4
Posted: 3/31/2009 12:20:52 PM
You can work out everyday if you want to as long as you are not hitting the same muscle group. 3 day splits are usually design to hit total body. 5 or more day splits are one body part per session. So to answer your question, yes you can do your back today.
 James Bottomtooth III
Msg: 5
Posted: 3/31/2009 2:22:17 PM

...I know when you work out (by work out, I mean weight lifting, not cardio) , you are supposed to wait a day before working out again (Like working out on Monday, and waiting till Wendnesday to work out again).

I was wondering if there was any dangers of working out two days in a row, even if you are targeting a different muscle group on the next day....

I do not think there are any dangers with working same muscle groups each day.

It would matter depending on why you are going to the gym in the 1st place.

If you are bodybuilding or strength training, then yes it would probably help to let muscles rest a day or two before working them again.

If you are trying to improve fitness and overall health, then no so much, as you would not be pushing the muscle in the same way.
 ZenBeth
Msg: 6
Posted: 3/31/2009 3:20:06 PM
I do daily free weights for women. Not the type body building women do. And my fitness trainer drove home the importance of warming up reallllly well first. And that I do different free weights. So one Monday, Wednesday, Friday I do one routine and on Tuesday, Thursday and one week end day another set. ~Beth~
 tricapunk
Msg: 7
Posted: 3/31/2009 7:48:47 PM
i do a 5 day split, so i do 5 on and two off... theres nothing wrong with doing back to back days or working out, just not the same muscle two days in a row.
Show ALL Forums  > Health Wellness  > Days apart from working out