Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Testimonials  > Success!      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 cambrius13
Msg: 1
Success!Page 1 of 1    
I opened my account at the beginning of the month, and within two weeks had met a number of fantastic women. Some of those women I now count among my friends and I feel fortunate to do so. One woman in particular caught my fancy; three weeks later, we find we greatly enjoy each other's company and have decided to pursue a relationship.

I 've spoken to a few women on Plenty of Fish and I've received compliments on the messages I send. All I did was read the profile and respond in like fashion, substituting my interests and values in place of hers. From what I've been told, this is not terribly common. Copy-paste messages stating, "Hey, you're cute, check out my profile and ask me any questions you might have :)" are apparently less than desired by their intended recipients. I've heard opposing arguments that volume is key to responses, but it seems to me that this is only the case because the one-message-fits-all replies don't attract a girl. These messages are received as a sort of snapshot of the effort one is willing to put into any kind of relationship. Right or wrong, that's how it goes.

So, if I may be so presumtuous as to offer some advice: just make the small effort to read the profile and respond in a thoughtful way. It shows her you're willing to make the effort. And really, aren't the best girls worth the effort?
Show ALL Forums  > Testimonials  > Success!