Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  > Would you date a [b]women[/b] if [b]she[/b] was unemployed and living      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Ender330
Msg: 1
view profile
History
Would you date a [b]women[/b] if [b]she[/b] was unemployed and living with [b]her[/b] parents?Page 1 of 2    (1, 2)
I had been reading the THREAD:
Would you date a man if he was unemployed and living with his parents?

So I wanted to turn this around on the women. No one wants to date a man who lives at home and is not employed unless he is going to school to be a Doctor. Anything less and he has no ambition!

So what of a women who lives with her parents and is unemployed, would you date her?
Stop me if this thread has been done before.
 cannpeters
Msg: 2
Would you date a [b]women[/b] if [b]she[/b] was unemployed and living with [b]her[/b] parents?
Posted: 4/4/2009 11:37:32 AM
I'm not a guy, and I don't date women....but I can't see why this is different from dating a man who was unemployed and living at home. If I were a man, I would be relunctant.

I've seen male friends marry women who didn't work and not only did they pay for everything while they were married, they paid for her after the divorce, too. These men now live in small apartments, as they can't afford another home (since they're still paying for the one the now EX-wife lives in) and don't have money to go out.

So when so many women work, why date one who doesn't? Now, if it was just that she was laid off and having some financial dificulties and had to move back home temporarily, I could see it, but otherwise, I think you're setting yourself up for some potential misery of supporting someone who doesn't work.

I just believe both men and women have to be responsible, which includes making a living and getting a place. But that's just me.
 ElleShooTiger
Msg: 3
view profile
History
Would you date a [b]women[/b] if [b]she[/b] was unemployed and living with [b]her[/b] parents?
Posted: 4/4/2009 11:47:37 AM
I've dated women who lived at home while they were still in college, but it never worked out. Having your OWN place and your OWN car, generally means you also have a job and can support yourself, so having their OWN job precedes the other two. These girls didnt have steady jobs, and they lived close to college and didnt technically need their own place, but its gets tiresome of asking their parents if they can go out, or lying about where they're going, and them always coming to your place. I value independence, and you have to be able to support yourself instead of relying on a man at all times!

As for the person who talked about how it was 60 years ago, well back then people married, not for love always, but to form a family and raise successful children. You could take a woman with no job who lived at home, and she would do certain things for the family as long as you could support them. Her job was the house, part of your paycheck was her paycheck. Nowadays its easy to find somebody with nothing, and they'll give you nothing in return, and take everything years later.
 GWSmith
Msg: 4
Posted: 4/5/2009 6:29:06 AM
It depends, did they never even attempt to strike out on their own and rely on mommy and daddy for everything, or have they just fallen on hard times? I fell on hard times and guess what, I had to move back in with mom... it can happen to anyone. I still work hard and try to improve my situation; its hard to find a job in this economy though. Until not long ago I was self employed and working part time but doing quite well, now my income is roughly $5,000/year and nobody is hiring anywhere. Its all relative really... so yeah I'd give her a chance.
 GWSmith
Msg: 5
Posted: 4/5/2009 6:31:29 AM

[ b ] and [ /b ] are html coding. This coding tells the screen what to do. The 2 that you are inquiring about are to bold the word. For some reason it did not take. The sentence should have read:

Would you date a woman if she was unemployed and living with her parents?

Personaly, I don't date women.

Actually its PHP ;). HTML uses for its codes. Just an FYI :D
 celts123
Msg: 6
Posted: 4/5/2009 11:56:35 AM
It depends on the circumstances. Perhaps she lost her job and no longer could afford the rent. Therefore she needed a temporary place to stay until she found another job. Or perhaps she is just lazy and irresponsible.
 c_deacon
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Posted: 4/5/2009 12:13:09 PM
Yes.........When I was in high school, and maybe the start of college.

OT.......Having a secure, well paying job, and living on your own, are attributes that I look for when dating and potentially having a relationship.

I will not, however, dismiss someone because they are caregivers or allow a parent to live with them because they need to. I might prefer a different condition, but taking care of family speaks volumes about a person as well.

Just my opinion.........
 forum101
Msg: 8
view profile
History
Posted: 4/5/2009 1:59:28 PM
No. I would expect anyone I date to be competent enough to take care of himself.
 GWSmith
Msg: 10
Posted: 4/5/2009 8:07:04 PM
I code in PHP a little bit.. html, php, C++, java, actionscript, and some other languages. I went to college for it... I have no age restrictions on my profile so if you have a question ask away.
 GWSmith
Msg: 11
Posted: 4/6/2009 5:45:03 AM

GWSmith, I tried sending you an email, however you have a restriction of 'Age between 19 and 30'. If you change that I should be able to email you.

Oh my bad.
 Ender330
Msg: 12
view profile
History
Would you date a women if she was unemployed and living with [b]her[/b] parents?
Posted: 4/7/2009 5:32:15 PM
Sorry about the it was to make those words BOLD in the forum but it didn' work.

Anyway...it seems that men are more forgiving of a women if she is living at home and not work more so than women.

Ok...so how would you feel if you had more then enough money to take care of you and that special person...would you require them to work?
 Confident-Realist
Msg: 13
Posted: 4/12/2009 9:00:48 PM

Actually its PHP ;). HTML uses for its codes. Just an FYI :D

Uhhh, no. [ b ] and [ / b ] is not PHP, ASP, or anything else. It's just the site's internal tags that mimic HTML, that's all. The site's programming language is a moot point.. whatever it's written in, it does a string replacement of [ b ] with the html version with pointed brackets instead.

If anything, the lady was closer to being right by calling it HTML. It has nothing to do with PHP.
 Lobo_Corazon
Msg: 14
view profile
History
Posted: 4/12/2009 9:29:36 PM
What, you mean like Michelle Obama?
Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  > Would you date a [b]women[/b] if [b]she[/b] was unemployed and living with [b]her[/b] parents?