Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Missouri  > Easter Traditions in Missouri      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 RhondaLynn1122
Msg: 1
Easter Traditions in MissouriPage 1 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
I know we all have Easter traditions, but growing up in Missouri we always had to be prepared for weather conditions. How many times do you remember hunting eggs in the snow? What are some of your Easter traditions?
 HarleyKat~
Msg: 2
Easter Traditions in Missouri
Posted: 4/6/2009 4:02:51 PM
You know....this is sooooo ironic, Rhonda! I was JUST thinking how I wonder if ANYONE else remembers the AWESOME Easter Egg hunts that Six Flags and (I think?) Buster Brown used to sponsor??

They had these larger than life GOLDEN eggs, hidden alllll over....and we would get a brown paper grocery bag FULL!! It was really cool and we "recycled" those golden eggs for years and years, before recycling was even COOL!
 sporty_ambie09
Msg: 3
Posted: 4/6/2009 4:08:23 PM
Omg, hunting eggs in snow..I've done that before.
 TheKidof72
Msg: 4
Posted: 4/6/2009 5:58:06 PM
I got jipped, my Easter Bunny never put the eggs outside when it snowed, it hid them inside our house............I remember one year we had an egg that wasn't hard boiled that got hid, and of course, of all places, it was underneath the front of the recliner............yepppers that will teach my mom to make sure all the easter eggs are boiled.
 Ms_Lookn4fun
Msg: 5
Posted: 4/6/2009 6:10:04 PM
in the rain and in the snow we hunted inside.

Since in rained and 'snowed' the last couple weekends and Monday (today), hopefully it's done with the white junk for now and we can have a nice Easter..but anything can happen it'll most likely be chilly, rainy, cloudy
 HarleyKat~
Msg: 6
Posted: 4/6/2009 6:43:47 PM
So no one who lived here as a child remembers or did the Golden Egg hunt??

Here's a funny...Ash and I are going to COLOR EGGS TOMORROW OR WED! Just cause we CAN, and it's FUN!

(Ash is 21...I am 42!)

PS...Rhonda...cool forum! LMAO LMAO LMAO LMAO ;O)
 HarleyKat~
Msg: 7
Posted: 4/6/2009 6:58:42 PM
LOL...but not hosted at Six Flags?
 Ms_Lookn4fun
Msg: 8
Posted: 4/6/2009 8:29:11 PM
they had one this year at Jefferson Barracks (Friday night), I didn't go, tix were to be around $16 or so, I found out from another group I'm involved with. Not sure how it turned out
 HarleyKat~
Msg: 9
Posted: 4/7/2009 9:12:13 AM
OMGoodness! Lookit the email I just got today!!! LOL

More Flags. More Fun. At Six Flags St. Louis on Easter Sunday!

Charter Communications and Six Flags are inviting kids ages
1-12 for an Easter Egg Hunt on Sunday, April 12, in the World's Fair Catering Grove. 2,000 eggs filled with fun prizes like candy, free Charter On Demand movie passes, Six Flags tickets and other goodies will be hidden throughout the Grove. There will also be 6 golden eggs that contain Nintendo Wii's (two per age group) and one grand prize of an Apple Macbook laptop. Prize drawing for the Macbook will be held at 3:15 pm and all entrants must be present to win.

Come to the park on Sunday for More Flags. More Fun. Get your tickets today!

HOW WEIRD WAS THAT!? LOL
 Ms_Lookn4fun
Msg: 10
Posted: 4/7/2009 9:22:02 AM
I got the same thing Kat!
Too
I was like, this is what "Kat" was talking about on the forums! LOL

We can't go, we'll be at my mom's on that day.

I even had a Cardinal Esaver email come in yesterday for game day this Sunday, no way!! I'd rather be with family on Easter.
 HarleyKat~
Msg: 11
Posted: 4/7/2009 11:28:26 AM
I found it ironic...first year I have heard of it, since childhood...always wondered if it was just my imagination! LOL

My guys and I seem to be starting a new Easter tradition, effective last year. LOL Instead of the traditional dinner (and we are not big ham eaters at all!) we do Brunch, with just about every imaginable breakfast item, known to man, being present! LOL (OK...no grits for this clan!)

I love it...breakfast is sooo easy to cook...you have the rest of the day to work off all that good eatin'...and, they kids can more easily divide their time to go to their SO's family homes. :O) So THIS momma gets dibs on brunch!
 kclowns
Msg: 12
Posted: 4/7/2009 2:26:50 PM
Easter morning we always go to Forest Park for the car show. Upper level Classics and bottom level Hot Rods. I kinds partial to the Hot Rods...lol Then we come back home and pig out.
 sporty_ambie09
Msg: 13
Posted: 4/7/2009 3:51:41 PM
I usually go to my grandmother's for easter and see the family, that's what I'm doing this year.
 SusieStL
Msg: 14
Posted: 4/7/2009 10:27:16 PM
bboooo hhhoooo.. wahhhh... wahhhhh...wahhhhhhh

life is what you make it...

Easter for me will be seeing the girls eyes light up when they get their Easter basket from the Easter bunny.. of course he stops at MawMawSusie's house....then it is off to my nephews to be with family and my extended family on Easter... I am sure we will all pig out... hey what are holidays for anyway .. other than to pig out.

I don't remember Easter very much as a kid.. I remember when I was about 13 and my baby niece was dressed so cute... I know we did get Easter baskets though, well I guess LOL
 HarleyKat~
Msg: 15
Posted: 4/8/2009 7:56:19 AM
I agree...they are what we make them! I despise the commercialization of Christmas...so I celebrate how I want to...and turn a blind eye to the expectations and commercializations. :O)

Easter is a non-stress holiday! Sheesh...something as simple as a dozen eggs and some food coloring can create some silly fun! (Am waiting on Ash to wake right now...we bought a couple of fancy color kits and are gonna have a blast!)

When I was a kid...after about...6 or 7...I had TWO EASTERS...first my moms family stuff, then my step-dads....was always really cool....and my step sister and I were only 9 days apart, and my mom would dress us alike...everyone thought we were twins!
 HarleyKat~
Msg: 16
Posted: 4/8/2009 8:53:16 AM
Do you know who IS and IS NOT attending church? LOL

I do not attend church on Easter...or Christmas, or any other day....cause I do not believe I need an organized religion to be religious.

And YES, Brent...they commercialize Easter, as well. I just think they OVERLOAD it for Christmas...I mean, we are exposed to the START of Christmas in JUNE, for pete's sake...and did you know that Christmas time carries the HIGHEST SUICIDE and SUICIDE ATTEMPTS? Sad.
 HarleyKat~
Msg: 17
Posted: 4/9/2009 6:58:34 AM
Angel...we did it last year for Easter as well....was sooo relaxing for ME, and everyone was pleased and not stressed with having to rush around splitting their time! LOL

Hopeful...how awesome! I would LOVE to have such a large extended family I could do such! I am sure I would be in charge of it, too! But it's pretty much just myself and my four kidlets, and their significant others. Can't forget my one adorable grandson!
 jussweet
Msg: 18
Posted: 4/9/2009 6:05:25 PM
Ok I remember hunting eggs in the house but my best easter ever was the year the Easter Bunny stopped by and left notes all over the house... I followed each one... must have been about 7 or 8 yrs old. The last note had a carrot sitting on it and said to bring the carrot down to the basement! I took it down and waiting for me was a real live bunny! She was all white with pink eyes, not the mini ones but the bigger size. I named her Pinky (for her eyes). I put a collar on her and use to take her for "walks" ok HOPS up and down our block in the middle of St. L City! Neighbors all thought I was nuts (wait a sec people STILL think that ). So yes my first dog was a rabbit! Pinky lived about 5 years. We would put her outside on leash that was steaked down (now days that would be a bad thing) and she had 3 tunnels in the ground she'd go into. She did come inside most of the time and was paper trained!
I guess that's where my love of animals of all kinds started. My Mom was the bestest ever!
Happy Easter Everybody!
 HarleyKat~
Msg: 19
Posted: 4/9/2009 6:28:45 PM
^^THAT is an awesome story, Laura!!!
 mlt71
Msg: 20
Posted: 4/9/2009 7:49:52 PM
My family just get together and have a really big meal.
 jussweet
Msg: 21
Posted: 4/9/2009 8:44:26 PM
Kat life was soooo much easier back then!
 RhondaLynn1122
Msg: 22
Posted: 4/9/2009 9:48:03 PM
Kat , only you understand how this thread got started, but I have to say it is awesome to hear all the terrific stories. I love love love family traditions!
 HarleyKat~
Msg: 23
Posted: 4/11/2009 7:12:48 AM
I know, Rhonda....and it's sooooo funny! Turned out to be a nice thread, girlie!

I love, love, love family traditions, as well....itsa great date conversation start up...and tells a LOT about the potential's family values and so on!

The only little turd we have is my grandson who LOVES all the attention (and goodies) he gets from being the only one! LOL
 TheKidof72
Msg: 24
Posted: 4/11/2009 7:23:24 AM
Speaking of little turds, I was over at my parent's last night helping my little sister dye Easter eggs, when my 2 1/2 year old nephew came in............what a riot watching him. He thought that was the coolest thing to put an white egg in the cup and then watch it turn colors. Of course, we had to watch him cause he was trying to put 2 & 3 eggs in each cup at a time, and not very gently either. But it was a blast just seeing his reaction to all of it. Last year he didn't want any part of it, so this year is going to be a great Easter..............now, just hopefully no rain.
 HarleyKat~
Msg: 25
Posted: 4/11/2009 7:40:55 AM
LOL....Ash and I dyed a couple dozen (just for a centerpiece, if nothing else!) yesterday...and we used the "candy apple" and "glitter eggs" kits....OMG....while they DO look perty...I think I prefer good ole fashioned food coloring, water, and vinegar! Remember how we would take white crayons and draw designs before dipping??

Gawd...I feel OLD!
Show ALL Forums  > Missouri  > Easter Traditions in Missouri