Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Religion  > Is there a way that we can come into agreement regarding religions      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 msquared
Msg: 2
view profile
History
Is there a way that we can come into agreement regarding religionsPage 1 of 1    
In theory, there might be a possibility of it happening.

In reality, not a chance. Practitioners of each religion are usually convinced that theirs is the only true one. Many of them would sooner see warfare and bloodshed than come to a compromise with another religion.
 Ticketoride
Msg: 4
Is there a way that we can come into agreement regarding religions
Posted: 10/12/2004 11:05:54 PM
Start with these Threads...lol
 jeliarra
Msg: 5
Posted: 10/13/2004 5:24:44 AM
WOW, I'm stumped. No clue. I just can't see it, not even in a "let's say" or "let's pretend" situation.

Awsome question=)
 forthebeauty
Msg: 9
Posted: 10/14/2004 6:18:43 PM
In my opinion, religion is not a good thing, spirtuallity is. Religion is more for a show, to let others see, that u r a part of an organization. THe spirituall side, is accepting Jesus, as ur lord and saviour.

I dont have a problem with any one else "religion" as long as they know the plan of salvation. Maybe problem isnt the right word, I just want to see everyone in heaven. Alot of people calling it preaching, but I feel like I am spreading the word. THE good word, that Jesus died for all of our sins, and that he is the only way, to the father.

As far as dead words from dead men, blah blah blah, The bible is the word of the true and liveing GOD, and it can be found within u, if ur saved, from the rest of the world

So I dont really think that we can all come into agreement, but should respect and honor others beliefs.
 Muhammad Rafique
Msg: 12
 brundle
Msg: 13
Posted: 10/17/2004 2:38:51 AM
I see the start of it here -call it "ONE"- silver are you like a starchild born way to early??
 freemind
Msg: 16
Posted: 10/26/2004 1:06:01 PM
one theory: We create our own Reality.
 ExplorerMedic
Msg: 17
Posted: 10/26/2004 1:30:36 PM
soullll, Hi ! YES this is POSSIBLE. I believe it will happen soon. Dissenters will be ferreted out and killed as Nero did. I don't believe they will be IMPALED and set afire as human torches at Roman Parties as Nero did, however, I believe they will be murdered for failure to comply with STATE FAITH. This was common just a few years ago in the USSR. Even children narced on their parents to the NKVD. Wurmbrandt at Voice of the Martyrs has EXCELLENT recent MODERN history REAL TIME. Putin has put the tyrannical side show back on the road in Russia. I believe what you theorize is coming very soon.
 sexxykitty
Msg: 18
Posted: 11/1/2004 11:01:32 PM
i was raised a christian but am now a buddhist. one reason is that buddhists do not try to convert others and they beleive that everyone has the right to beleive whatever they want. everyone walks their own path in life. all a person can do is follow their own heart. christianity did not mesh with me because it all seemed to be about telling everyone else that they are wrong and evil if they dont beleive exactly what the particular church thinks. i think the only way for religions to agree is to agree to disagree and let everyone follow their own path.
 sexxykitty
Msg: 19
Posted: 11/1/2004 11:03:57 PM
it's funny you should say that, i'm writing a sci-fi story that uses that very concept. i think it is a very real possibility watching bush talking about being gods henchman and how only his evangelical ways are right and how he's trying to pass laws based in his religion like outlawing a womans right to choose.

so true
Show ALL Forums  > Religion  > Is there a way that we can come into agreement regarding religions