Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Shyness is a fricken Curse      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 barbee1970
Msg: 2
Shyness is a fricken CursePage 1 of 1    
I am the same way. I want to break the curse, but I am too afraid of rejection. I take time and when I get to know someone, I see them every day, I get use to them.
 Pyro74
Msg: 3
view profile
History
Shyness is a fricken Curse
Posted: 4/9/2009 11:54:00 PM
Here's a random song quote that deals with your issue.

Shyness is nice and
Shyness can stop you
From doing all the things in life
You'd like to

Shyness is nice and
Shyness can stop you
From doing all the things in life
You'd like to

So, if there's something you'd like to try
If there's something you'd like to try
Ask me I wont say no, how could I? - The Smiths
 SAguy_06
Msg: 4
Shyness is a fricken Curse
Posted: 4/10/2009 3:19:05 AM
With experience comes confidence...

your young yet...start doing things on your own and become confident than ask a friend to join you.

do things that out of your norm, no one is judging you, your gonna make mistakes, she's gonna say no...so what

Life is to short, this is the for you to have fun...

remember never take rejection personal. so if you ask some to dance and they say no, the're are tos of reasons why she said no...her shoes hurt, she worked a double shift and her friends drug her out...she dont like you...so what

Remember there will always be people that just dont like you, no matter how great a guy you are.

so kid. try something new this weekend, then next weekend you have something to talk about...
 The Artful Codger
Msg: 5
Shy
Posted: 4/10/2009 8:37:24 AM
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Curses are actually supernatural, and thinking that your shyness is a result of having had a spell cast on you by some evil entity is probably not going to help you overcome the affliction.

Shyness is a natural condition which has been variously linked to genetic, biological, psychological and environmental inputs, and therefore treatable with techniques that produce tangible results.

Information is power and there is lots of it out there that can help you manage your behavioral inhibitions.
 SAguy_06
Msg: 6
Shy
Posted: 4/10/2009 8:50:51 AM

Curses are actually supernatural

Curses are actually words spoken by people who believe they can change the physical world with said words.
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Shyness is a fricken Curse