Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Do you do drugs???      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 hazzare
Msg: 1
Do you do drugs???Page 1 of 18    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18)
What is with people saying NO to this profile question when they clearly toke up regularly or occassionally. Marijuana is a drug you idiots...and a disgusting one on that note.

Before all you self loathing blazers jump in with the alcohol, caffeine, tobacco, etc argument I will fully admit that all of those substances can have serious reprecussions, but the difference is they CAN be used responsibly, while no drug can. It is possible to have one drink, or one coffee, or one cigarette and the mind won't be altered.

Also, marijuana is illegal in basically every country in the world. I know I'll be pushing a few buttons with the green leaf brigade who preach that it has endless benefits and no consequnences and I've heard every single argument...and they are all weak at best.

On that note, I do support it's medicinal use in certain circumstances, but using it to "de-stress" does not count...people use alchol for the same purpose and to me if you need to use any "drug" to relieve stress then you have a serious weakness of character. Ever tried going for a long walk/run, lifting some weights, reading a book, etc...the list goes on. Stop being so lazy.

If marijuana is so great and harmless why:
-do we teach our children to avoid drugs like the plague?
-do employers avoid weed users?
-is almost all street crime related to drug use (weed included)?
-do people still feel the need to conceal their habit?

It really is a black and white situation. Drugs are bad in any form, however some can be used responsibly without being mind altering. Marijuana is not in that category and don't even attempt to argue. I see all the pot heads every day and they just embarrass themselves with their slower speech, poor motor skills, absence of mind, and they stink. That smell is incredibly offensive. GROW UP.
-
 hazzare
Msg: 2
Do you do drugs???
Posted: 4/13/2009 5:00:03 AM
I also find it rather hypocritical that the vast majority of pot heads are these peace loving, soul searching, passive LOSERS but their little habit directly contributes to organized crime profits and violent crime. You are supporting an enterprise that kills and ruins lives, but you wouldn't care about that because once your high all your troubles go away...right?
 barbee1970
Msg: 3
Do you do drugs???
Posted: 4/13/2009 6:13:30 AM
I don't do ANY. Not even pot. I don't even smoke or drink. How about the cigarette smell or alcohol smell? It's horrific, yet alcohol and tobacco are legal drugs.
 msusnicknel
Msg: 4
view profile
History
Do you do drugs???
Posted: 4/13/2009 6:19:40 AM

What is with people saying NO to this profile question when they clearly toke up regularly or occassionally. Marijuana is a drug you idiots...and a disgusting one on that note.

Before all you self loathing blazers jump in with the alcohol, caffeine, tobacco, etc argument I will fully admit that all of those substances can have serious reprecussions, but the difference is they CAN be used responsibly, while no drug can. It is possible to have one drink, or one coffee, or one cigarette and the mind won't be altered.

Also, marijuana is illegal in basically every country in the world. I know I'll be pushing a few buttons with the green leaf brigade who preach that it has endless benefits and no consequnences and I've heard every single argument...and they are all weak at best.

On that note, I do support it's medicinal use in certain circumstances, but using it to "de-stress" does not count...people use alchol for the same purpose and to me if you need to use any "drug" to relieve stress then you have a serious weakness of character. Ever tried going for a long walk/run, lifting some weights, reading a book, etc...the list goes on. Stop being so lazy.

If marijuana is so great and harmless why:
-do we teach our children to avoid drugs like the plague?
-do employers avoid weed users?
-is almost all street crime related to drug use (weed included)?
-do people still feel the need to conceal their habit?

It really is a black and white situation. Drugs are bad in any form, however some can be used responsibly without being mind altering. Marijuana is not in that category and don't even attempt to argue. I see all the pot heads every day and they just embarrass themselves with their slower speech, poor motor skills, absence of mind, and they stink. That smell is incredibly offensive. GROW UP.

How is the view from up there on your high horse?

Let's take your questions 1 at a time:

Teaching Children: For the same reason that for years children were taught to hate and fear people of color or different sexual orientations. For the same reasons that during prohibition, many parents taught their children the same thing about alcohol. For the same reasons we justified rounding up thousands of Japanese Americans and throwing them in concentration camps. Fear and ignorance. Drugs have had major negative consequences in the world, agreed, but they have also contributed to some of the most fundamental shifts in humanity's evolution.

Employers: Because no one sh0uld be impaired while working. The same reason that you'd likely be fired for showing up to work with alcohol in your system.

Street Crime: Because, through making them illegal, we've created massive incentive to form a black market. Neither the product or demand for the product are reduced by making it illegal. It simply takes away legal and safe avenues for acquisition.

Conceal their habit: Because it is still illegal and whether that law is just or not, there are serious consequences of getting caught using Marijuana. If it ever becomes legal, I think you'll be amazed by the people who you would have never imagined as smokers that will come out of the woodwork.

As for laziness...I'm 30, college grad (dean's list,) travelled the world, spent 3 entire years volunteering full time in community development and youth programs. Currently I exercise regularly, don't drink any alcohol, don't smoke tobacco, am active in my community, hold a good full-time job, plus I own my own business, am enrolled in grad school, I'm a musician (in a band,)and have a very active social life. Oh, and I've been known to partake as well. And I'm supposed to feel ashamed for wasting my life as a burn out?
 wtf!!!!!!!!!
Msg: 5
Do you do drugs???
Posted: 4/13/2009 7:02:34 AM
Whether I personally partake or not is not going to win over the op, what I am curious to know is why the op felt it neccessary to even start the thread when it's completely obvious his mind is already made up?
If "drugs" isn't at all a common occurence in many lives, why would the question even be posed. If so few people "do " drugs then it seems a very unneeded question and yet it is asked of every person who joins this site.
I imagine there are more non smokers than smokers and the drinkers are most likely half and half but still the numbers are there to warrant asking.

IMO the op has the panties in a huff based on a recent bad date.

If you do not like drugs do not associate with people who do them, very simple really. BUT if you are that against drugs you really should rid yourself of all items in your life that may have had any contact or were created by anyone who does drugs.

You may have to have quite the garage sale.

ALSO there may well be members of your family you can't speak to anymore and many people in your life that may also have to be avoided.

If you are unable to do any of this then I would suggest starting threads that have a little more redeeming qualities than your own personal crusade against something you really have no idea about.
Do a little research about what and how we got here and then get back to us .......................because we may have to add a new question to the profile along the lines of are you a prude? or are you an idiot? or are you an ***hole? take your pick.
 hazzare
Msg: 6
Do you do drugs???
Posted: 4/13/2009 8:44:03 AM
You say you partake, yet you also claim you don't do drugs in your profile...this is what I'm talking about...you DO use drugs...it's pretty black and white.

Also, yes I did have a bad date. Drugs are a big issue for me (if you haven't noticed) and I thought I was meeting a nice girl. Within 10 minutes she is sparking up in my car. Aside from the disrespect of not asking to smoke in someones car, let alone use drugs, she also claimed she didn't do drugs. WRONG!
 charminC
Msg: 7
Do you do drugs???
Posted: 4/13/2009 9:13:56 AM
IMHO
This debate over pot is so long overdrawn and clearly split between those do not believe it is a drug and those who believe it is.

I've spent my last breath debating it is. I'm so done with arguing about it because potusers are as stubborn as non-users over this issue.
If a person marks down No then lits one up. That is he/her problem.
It's my choice whether I want that person in my life or not, that much I have say in.
No need to voice my opinion, action will do.
 burgundy bomber
Msg: 8
Do you do drugs???
Posted: 4/13/2009 9:24:32 AM
I llike the single mothers with small children that do drugs and put no....
great.
I don't mind smokers a lot of my friends do, they respect me loving a job that pays better than theirs and that i get drug tested.
I find it difficult to wanna spend my life with someone strung out... locally if someone is on drugs chances are it's not the couch potato drugs. It's gonna be Crystal, or Crank.... i know that because ive farmed my whole life and you would be shocked at the women who wanted me to steal them ingredients from the fertilizers.
i never did this and it scared the hell out of me but this is a speed overran area.
I guees we should all just be as honest as we can and hope others return the favor, it's the anonymity of the web.... ive found people lying over stuff a lot worse than a monkey on their back.
 Not The Cable Guy
Msg: 9
view profile
History
Do you do drugs???
Posted: 4/13/2009 10:04:19 AM
Dang... Can't believe I stepped in this steaming, malodorous pile...

Gots to go scrape this topic offa my shoes....
 psssst
Msg: 10
Do you do drugs???
Posted: 4/13/2009 10:42:46 AM

Marijuana is not in that category and don't even attempt to argue.
I have a cousin that has documentation that allows her to grow personal use marijuana and to transport the same to treat a condition that other drugs are unable to resolve.

Since this is such a hot topic for you, I won't try to convince you that her actions are acceptable - I've seen the difference for her without the medicinal marijuana and with it's use... and I'd prefer to see her using this drug to manage her symptoms than to lead a less productive life.

As for recreational... nope... I wouldn't be around someone that does recreational drugs either... nor do I subject myself to people that feel the need to rant and call others idiots...

hazzare
Msg: 11
Do you do drugs???
Posted: 4/13/2009 11:00:29 AM
If you read my whole post you would have seen that I do support medical marijuana in certain circumstances because their actually is proof that it has a positive effect in helping people manage their illness. It is a desperate measure in a desperate time and that doesn't bother me at all.
 PrimeWoman
Msg: 12
view profile
History
Do you do drugs???
Posted: 4/13/2009 11:42:47 AM
I know many well-heeled, solid, professional people who smoke herb. Rant all you want, but you are off base on your scathing attack.

The criminalization of marijuana has its roots in political aspirations of one man who married into a prominent family to advance his political position and supporting the petrochemical industry. Added to that mix are hypocritical governmental policies, disdain towards the Germans after WW1 and prejudices towards blacks and mexicans.

Check out Jack Herer's The Emperor Wore No Clothes. It's an eye opener.

It's a travesty that marijuana is illegal, yet alcohol is not.
Those who are "dependent" (no sense of moderation) on weed are indeed lacking in character and discipline, but those deficiencies were integral to who they are before they discovered cannabis (true medicinal use notwithstanding) and certainly does not apply to all.

Get a grip. Get a clue. Get educated before you rail on about the evils of marijuana and launch a character assassination on those who lead lives (aside from toking) within the boundaries of the law and are productive citizens and decent adults.
 msusnicknel
Msg: 13
view profile
History
Do you do drugs???
Posted: 4/13/2009 11:43:37 AM

your profile...this is what I'm talking about...you DO use drugs...it's pretty black and white.

It is black and white...for you. And that is fine. Not everyone sees things in black and white (I don't) and not everyone sees things in shades of gray (apparently, you don't.) All that means is that this woman wasn't for you. Although, if your profile read the same way it does now when she agreed to go out with you, it was pretty inconsiderate seeing as how you clearly state there that you are not down with that. We all have our deal breakers. Nothing wrong with that.

And as for my profile; sorry, I'm not going to list on the front page of my profile on a public website that I have smoked. That would make me stupid. I also wouldn't answer truthfully other overly-invasive questions such as income level, credit score, favorite sexual position, fetishes, prior sexual history, etc. These are all things that you share with an individual, not something you necessarily want to put right up front for the whole world to see.

I also won't ever lie about it when asked by a potential date, and if not asked, I bring it up in the first date or two. I don't think it is right to hide it, because clearly there are people who don't agree with me.

I guess what I'm saying is just as it wasn't cool for her to spark up in your car without talking to you about it first, it isn't cool for you to judge 25 million people (the number of Americans who have smoked marijuana in the past year as reported by the National Survey on Drug Use and Health) entire worth by 1 particular habit. You paint with an awfully broad brush when you make statements like:

Drugs are bad in any form, however some can be used responsibly without being mind altering. Marijuana is not in that category and don't even attempt to argue. I see all the pot heads every day and they just embarrass themselves with their slower speech, poor motor skills, absence of mind, and they stink.

Some of those embarassing "potheads" with dull minds and slowed motor skills:
-Michael Phelps
-Bill Clinton
-Barack obama
-George Bush
-Sir Arthur Conan Doyle
-Carl Sagan
-Dr. Francis Crik
-Herman Hesse
-Winston Churchill
-Thomas Jefferson
-Sigmund Freud
-Pythagoras
-And many, many more.

Halokitty™
Msg: 14
Do you do drugs???
Posted: 4/13/2009 11:45:52 AM
Yep, I'm a nerd: I consider pot to be a drug and prefer not to be around people who smoke it. Besides, even if they do put "No" under "do you do drugs?", it eventually comes out that they toke up. No harm, no foul usually.
 Not The Cable Guy
Msg: 15
view profile
History
Do you do drugs???
Posted: 4/13/2009 12:22:16 PM
I know many well-heeled, solid, professional people who smoke herb. Rant all you want, but you are off base on your scathing attack.

And I personally know of several myself... Critics and judgementals really ought to excercise care in where they choose to voice their opinions...

The people signing your paychecks may one day surprise you...
 hazzare
Msg: 16
Do you do drugs???
Posted: 4/13/2009 12:22:47 PM
I find it incredibly amazing the level of rationalization people develop about drug use. Most, if not all people first started using drugs specifically due to a weak moment where they caved in to peer pressure or used it as a method to rebel or seem "bad."

I understand that youthful folly and experimentation is acceptable, but there comes a time where you should really just grow up and kick the habit. It's human nature to try and rationalize a wrong to make it seem good, but be mature, admit your mistake, and get on with your life.

I know all the research about the good points and bad, the famous users, and all sorts of other crap along those lines.

My opinion would not be so harsh if one of these blazers or "recreational" users could just give me one good reason why they use it. I have yet to hear a reason that even remotely makes it excusable.

GROW UP! It may not be the devil, but it certainly isn't healthy for society...AT ALL...and once again I'll point out that anybody that uses marijuana is contributing to violent and organized crime. Bravo!
 msusnicknel
Msg: 17
view profile
History
Do you do drugs???
Posted: 4/13/2009 12:53:13 PM
I don't consider it wrong or a mistake. It is a substance that has greatly enhanced my life. I've met many fascinating and incredible people who I would not have otherwise met had I not been okay with marijuana use.

I fundamentally disagree with your assertion that it isn't at all healthy for society. Some of the greatest inventions of all time have been dreamed up after smoking marijuana. Many amazing pieces of artwork and music were created while under the influence of marijuana. Many of America's founding fathers who built this great society were marijuana users and hemp farmers.

As for the marijuana/violent crime connection, if you make any product illegal, you'll create a criminal black market for that product, which then leads to violence. Look at the prohibition era. Murders by the hundreds. Criminal organizations thrived by selling alcohol not because alcohol was inherently evil, but because it was illegal, creating an extremely profitable black market. The same is true of the current situation with marijuana. It isn't marijuana that leads to violence, but marijuana prohibition. Repeal this prohibition and you'll see just how quickly the criminal element loses interest in marijuana. Finally, if you grow your own, I fail to see how you're contributing to violent crime.

One good reason is all you need? Okay, I can relax and unwind in the evening by smoking a joint (one of many ways I relax and unwind) without waking up in the morning with a hangover, as alcohol can cause. Another reason (just in case you don't like that one, I'll throw this in as a backup) is that for many, marijuana fosters and enhances creativity.

My question to you is, why do you think people need to justify their preferences to you or anybody else? I fail to see why anybody in their right minds would smoke tobacco, eat highly processed food, drive over the speed limit or watch MTV but that doesn't mean they need to justify their choices to me. It just means they aren't for me.
 geeleebee
Msg: 18
view profile
History
Do you do drugs???
Posted: 4/13/2009 12:57:25 PM

...but the difference is they CAN be used responsibly, while no drug can...

Well, you're wrong.
Drugs can be (and are) used responsibly--ever had a prescription? Those are drugs you're taking. Are you taking them in the dosage scripted? At the correct time? Again, you are using drugs responsibly.

If I smoke a bowl, and stay home instead of driving somewhere, I'm smoking a bowl responsibly.

No one is going to be able to give you 'one good reason' for using--you're not going to accept it, whatever the reason. So, how about this: Mind your own business?
Requires much less effort than big-brothering the rest of the country.
Peace~Out
 psssst
Msg: 19
Do you do drugs???
Posted: 4/13/2009 1:27:33 PM

If you read my whole post you would have seen that I do support medical marijuana in certain circumstances because their actually is proof that it has a positive effect in helping people manage their illness. It is a desperate measure in a desperate time and that doesn't bother me at all.
Having read your entire post, I saw the very black and white label as well as the many absolutes of Marijuana is a drug you idiots… and Drugs are bad in any form, however some can be used responsibly without being mind altering. Marijuana is not in that category and don’t even attempt to argue.

You are contradicting yourself in your own post…

Lack of clarity of thoughts and expression is also something that others of us avoid…
 oddandy
Msg: 20
Do you do drugs???
Posted: 4/13/2009 1:31:50 PM
^^^Just think, Pssst, she didn't even have to smoke any weed to get that way

(tokin' one up in your honor)
 Byrd
Msg: 21
view profile
History
Do you do drugs???
Posted: 4/13/2009 1:46:50 PM
I don't consider marijuana a drug I consider it medication because I have a prescription for it...It has helped me with my pain and aniexty..It gave me my life back..Now you just want to rant and rave cut people down it's o.k. to have an opinion we all have those your slamming everyone though..That's not O.K. But like they say in AA some are sicker than others...As far as that question on everyones profile I do my medication which consists of vicoden, somas, acid reflux stuff, atavin, and marijuana..I answered that question "No" because I don't smoke crack, shoot heroin, or snort cocaine nor have I ever..I do believe in the live and let live way of life peace love all that hippie stuff is fine by me but I also believe in frontier justice, everyone is different..Instead of knocking it maybe you ought to try it smoke a bowl and relax..
 daynadaze
Msg: 22
view profile
History
Do you do drugs???
Posted: 4/13/2009 2:05:25 PM
Have you ever thought that the bazaar bias of your thinking is irrational? Who cares if someone doesn't want to put there they partake in illegal substances in their profile? As soon as you find out someone is not right for you, don't or stop dating them. Save this post you made, read it when you are in your 50s/60s and have a good laugh at how young and inexperienced you were in 2009.

I had to go look at my profile, I said no I don't do drugs. I jumped to the conclusion that they meant illegal drugs and present time frame. I don't feel the need to explain to just anyone reading my profile if I indeed do take prescriptions, etc. I have been known to pop aspirin at will, a drug, but hate Tylenol and am not falling for that crap that it's better for me than aspirin...but I digress. Re-thinking this question after reading my own profile, I still say...it's your job to get to know someone and decide if you want them in your life or not...a profile is just an ad to get your attention. Do you really think anyone with any sense it going to put 'illegal drug user' in their profile? Would that be right next to where they admit to physical abuser and bank embezzler?

Not The Cable Guy
Msg: 23
view profile
History
Do you do drugs???
Posted: 4/13/2009 2:10:52 PM
And finally, Your Honor, we wish to submit this piece of evidence - marked Exhibit A - to the jury for review... It is a quote from the plaintiff's own profile...

What makes me unique? I would say it is my lifestyle of conformity

The defense rests...
 NoBushLover
Msg: 24
view profile
History
Do you do drugs???
Posted: 4/13/2009 2:25:09 PM

I am thoroughly disgusted with the fad of men being skinny, emotional, whining children

So why are you getting so emotional and whiney about marijuana?

And as far as lazy goes, I finished school, I own a house, I have a dog, and I have enough money to pay all the bills. You're 24 and you still haven't finished school.
 mello kittie
Msg: 25
Do you do drugs???
Posted: 4/13/2009 2:30:31 PM
Marijuana made reading this silly argument even more amusing
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Do you do drugs???