Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  > wondering      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 liveyourlife
Msg: 3
view profile
History
wonderingPage 1 of 1    
I think you need to focus on how your life is going to changing in the near future. You are going to have to joy of bringing a new life into this world and that should be your number one focus, everything else can wait.
 cannpeters
Msg: 4
wondering
Posted: 4/13/2009 4:37:55 PM
Instead of dating, you probably need to prepare yourself for the drastic change in your life that is about to happen. Having a baby changes everything. I had one at 17. I know how difficult the next few years of my life were.

Some things you need to think about:
1) How are you going to support the baby? You say you have some college behind you. My suggestion, from experience, is to complete college if at all possible, or find a good trade. I didn't go to school until I was 26. What a world of difference a piece of paper made to my earning potential! It was a struggle before that to make ends meet. That is no way to have to live your life.
2) Who is going to keep the baby while you're at work/school? If you were to date, who would keep the baby?
3) Do you have family to help you? I hope so. At a young age, you're going to need all the help you can get.
4) Are you planning on taking birth control so you don't end up pregnant again?

There's tons that I could say here. Like I said, I went through this and the last thing you really should think about is dating. I would suggest making friends but concentrating on this baby. At a young age, I think we sometimes don't realize how much energy/time/money a baby takes. Your life really will never be the same.

One other thing to think about is most guys your age are probably going to go for the many girls without children. It may be a few years before you're going to find men in your age group who want to be with a woman with a child(ren). In my 20s, most men I met did not want an instant family, so it was really my 30s before I was able to find a lot of men who wanted to date me.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  > wondering