Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Travel  > Venice in July - any suggestions ?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 j3pnc
Msg: 1
Venice in July - any suggestions ?Page 1 of 1    
I'm going on a cruise in the Med in July and we start in Venice. My friend and I are meeting in Venice the day before the cruise. We're planning on getting the hotel in the heart of the city. Any suggestions for arrival day activities ? we'll also have the next morning as well and the cruise ship stays in Venice the first day as well so we'll have 2-3 days total in the city. (Things to avoid are welcome as well !)
 CMonster
Msg: 2
Venice in July - any suggestions ?
Posted: 4/15/2009 6:42:38 PM
Visit the Piazza San Marco and the Basilica. There's also really good shopping in San Marco.
 crazy4mars
Msg: 3
Posted: 4/18/2009 1:55:43 PM
Ahhhh...I loved venice..so much window shopping and all the pasteries, cheeses, gelato. I would take the train to verona for a day trip...they have a nice outdoor market and you can go find Juliet's Balcony. You may want to p/u the movie "summertime" at the library or rental. Catherine Hepburn falls in love with an Italian and they spend most of their time in St. Marks Square. Rather cheesy acting but, cute movie.
Travel advice...get all monies in small bills...so you can pay exact amount. The italians do a slow count and you will probably get short changed. Pick pockets come in all sizes and ages so be aware of how you carry yourself.
 giants84
Msg: 4
Posted: 4/25/2009 11:52:34 PM
Venice is basically always crowded, but in july it's really hot and humid and you might not like the smell from the canal. Otherwise venice is great, going back next year.
Show ALL Forums  > Travel  > Venice in July - any suggestions ?