Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  > feeling left out      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 WomanInProgress
Msg: 4
feeling left outPage 1 of 1    
I don't have that many involved friends in one room at once, so I hardly remember dealing with this - and if I do, then it's usually them asking what I did as they seem to find my life more exciting.

However, when I hear someone complain about something relationship oriented - I pipe right up about how I'm glad I don't have that problem (and I mean it).
 Stray__Cat
Msg: 6
feeling left out
Posted: 5/7/2009 7:03:49 PM
I used to.

I used to hang with couples all lovey dovey.
Did feel I was missing out.

Same folks fight all the time now.
So I don't worry it anymore.
:-)
 c_deacon
Msg: 9
view profile
History
feeling left out
Posted: 5/8/2009 9:36:40 AM
I think most of my married friends and those with long term significant others, seem more interested in what I am up to, who I am with, what I am doing, who I am doing, where I am going, on and on.

The grass seems always greener on the other side, so, as we are sometimes feeling awkward because we do not have that one person to deal with, talk about, and spend time with, most others that have the norm, think that our way is much more free in many many ways.

The one part that I do notice the "left out" thing, will be when trips are planned, or rides, or certain parties, that all there have a partner to share it with, relate to, and fill that void, while many times, I do not.

Dating others can and is fun, but I still prefer more exclusivity when it comes to adventures and enjoying them with many of my family and friends, because taking someone with you that is not a real relationship, can end up not being quite what you thought it would be, because you do not know each other well enough to make sure that does not happen.

Just my opinion.......
 notregme
Msg: 10
view profile
History
feeling left out
Posted: 5/8/2009 9:08:00 PM
My married buddys used me as there scape goat so there wifes didnt like me.lol. ( wife)"Why did you go to the bar"?(buddy) "Reg made me drive him to the bar and tolled me to drink beer. It wasnt my fault." (wife) "ok ! I belive you, Reggie is a bad man"
"Out Of My House reggie"!

now I dont hang with couples any more.lol
Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  > feeling left out