Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > What are women really looking for?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 BM32NY
Msg: 1
What are women really looking for?Page 1 of 11    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11)
Ive been on the this site for awhile left because i got into a relationship and came back when i was single again with some updated information new pictures and hoped that i might be able to meet someone that shares similar interests has some of the qualities that i like similar tastes and low and behold i was impressed.Reading and going through many different profiles i saw alot of women of different ethinicities,ages, backgrounds that seemed to share alot of the same interests and were looking for some of the qualities i know i have and i thought ok i have a shot.Im not mr optimistic im mr realistic so i figured with all these women i should be able to at least talk to a handful of them maybe we'd be friends or maybe we just wont hit it off lol never even gets to that point because......they have to respond first lol and it never ok maybe not never but close enough happens.All i see is read delete or read with no response and i wonder WHAT ARE THEY REALLY LOOKING FOR!?I mean i know im a regular guy but im not a loser work plan on going back to school in the near future pay my own bills have a sense of humor try to stay fit e.t.c.(checkout my profile)lol and yet i get back nothing?Honestly im not one of those guys thats looking to hook up with the prettiest woman on here and those are the ones im after then it would make more sense im after regular attractive women who seem to be looking for and want the right things respect,honest ,sense of humor a guy that sends decent messages and asks real questions and not just about their bra size and yet nothing?My question to the women on here is then whats the deal?Is it race,money,height,weight....ya'll get the picture lol and to the guys is it just me thats having this problem or is this the norm ?Please enlighten me.
 mortalez
Msg: 2
What are women really looking for?
Posted: 4/16/2009 2:09:11 PM
my guess is they want freinds and not much else, or they want guys who spend money on them. because many reject love outright when it is offered(or atleast the potential of it)
 OutMind
Msg: 3
Posted: 4/16/2009 2:25:15 PM
Nothing less than 60% off Sale at Macy's. New shoes. A huge sausage.
 topcat64
Msg: 4
Posted: 4/16/2009 4:14:25 PM
They're looking for guys younger than them,to take them world traveling. their profiles look like excerpts from "romance novels" and most sound like they're describing their dog.(affectionate,loyal,lovable,ETC) Looks don't matter to them,as long as you look like Brad Pitt,Mel Gibson ,ETC and have their income.
I've tried to cancel POF a few times,but keep getting "new profiles from administration". It's the same ones,nothing new.
I like to think as them as the Losers.
 oddandy
Msg: 5
Posted: 4/16/2009 4:24:39 PM
They're looking for a guy dense enough to think that "women" (which implies "all") can be generalized in terms of their wants, etc.

Easier to control the feeble-minded.
 RobertKoi
Msg: 6
Posted: 4/16/2009 5:32:26 PM
In answer to what women are REALLY looking for; I can only say that they don't KNOW what they're looking for. This is especially true for someone who's been single for a long time and/or dated too much.

Sleazebags with a trillion in the bank and a penis extension for a car believe that they stand a better chance. Sure they do, but the women they attract are gold diggers and who the heck truly wants a shallow chick like that in the first place. I certainly wouldn't. Wit, humor, looks and brains attract more guaranteed.

As for the mentality among women on this site, well I couldn't care less because I'm just here for the forums. Let's just say that I do my fishing elsewhere.
 MaviMavi
Msg: 7
Posted: 4/16/2009 6:11:19 PM
I don't think that by generalizing will get you guys somewhere. I could also say the same things that many of you guys are saying here in regards to what women want. Take it for example:
* Men say "I don't care much about the looks, it counts what its inside"...Oh, really?

* Looking for "well educated woman with whom to share intelligent conversations"...and usually these conversations end by men asking what are you wearing now.

* Quick witted, outgoing, laughter....blah, blah, blah.....WHAT ARE MEN REALLY LOOKING FOR?

I could say that at the age of middle to late 40s.....men are still trying to get Barbie dolls. C'mon men...isn't it the character of the person that should count? Are you men still browsing on the clouds for that perfect with all viertues woman? Are men trying to find a trophy to brag about or are men trying to find a lady with many good qualities? Can someone asnwer me?
Posted: 4/16/2009 6:58:28 PM
the same as everyone else.

20's: Sex
30's: Love and commitment
40's: Their lawyer
50's: Their second life
60's: Their retirement fund
70's: Their keys
80's: Their walker
90's: Their Depends
100's+: They forget...
 gentleplus
Msg: 9
view profile
History
Posted: 4/16/2009 7:15:30 PM
Consider using a jedi mind trick.... works every time for me
 Yankee_Girl
Msg: 10
view profile
History
Posted: 4/17/2009 6:47:17 PM
I want a pair of really hot heels I can stand in all day, fabulous hair color that touches itself up, a self-cleaning toilet, and groceries that walk up to my door and ring and the bell.
 Kimberish925
Msg: 11
view profile
History
Posted: 4/17/2009 7:09:30 PM
Geezzzz...what are any of us looking for? Everyone has an idea of what they think their perfect mate would be like; I have a habit of contradicting my own vision of my perfect mate. I by no means think that there are perfect people in the world; I'm far from perfect my self.
If we truly knew what it was we were looking for, we probably wouldn't need a dating site to find him/her. We could go to the perfect for me isle at Soul Mates R Us, rather than the PoF catalog.

For most it's easier to see what we are not looking for, than to find what we are looking for.
 clasact
Msg: 12
view profile
History
Posted: 4/17/2009 7:21:54 PM
Looking for...........
Right there -------> <-----that would be him.

*topchef*
Msg: 13
Posted: 4/18/2009 5:48:38 AM
~~~~~Ask Mel Gibson!! Then again, he clearly didnt know Mrs. Gibson didnt want him playing hide the hot dog with other women.

Seriously though...

I cant speak for all women but many are looking for someone who compliments their life and she theirs, on various aspects. Lifestyle, intelligence, sexuality, interests, politics, spirituality, location to name a few. Sometimes you can determine from someone's profile that an essential element is not there for you . Other times, this may become evident through an exchange of emails or after a few phone calls. If you get past all that, and finally meet, the next hurdle is to assess if there is physical attraction and whether or not, the things they said about themselves through emails or phone calls were actually true.

There isnt any magic formula, it is a trial and error kind of thing. Patience, persistence, optimism and keeping an open mind are required. It's all about attitude.
 MoparGuy69
Msg: 14
view profile
History
Posted: 4/18/2009 1:14:15 PM
I think women are looking for
money, security, humor, looks, personality, confidence, and someone they have common interests with. I personally feel women on this website are window shopping. A lot of women are way too picky, and a lot of guys are way too picky. I believe people need to be more realistic.....
 VivaciousVixen2010
Msg: 15
Posted: 4/18/2009 1:25:56 PM
Well, it isn't attractive that you are looking to hang out with women. Not date one wom A n

singular versus plural

GOT IT??? Date versus hang out???????? DUH!!!!!
 BM32NY
Msg: 16
Posted: 4/18/2009 3:49:52 PM
Well thank you for that observation so thats it?All this time i was wondering what it was....well guys theres the answer all you guys that havent been getting many responses on here grab your pens and number two pencils and lets get to dotting our i's and crossing our t's and our inboxes should be filled in no time lol for some reason~ Lady~ i really dont think that thats the reason and anyone whos going to judge me on that basis wouldnt(oops), would not be my type any way thats like judging someone because they abbreviated a text message to you instead of writing out the word.I dont think many of us have the time to type on here with our dictionaries by our side to make sure everything we write is in the proper text or grammatically correct.Unless the persons writing is not legible or what they write doesnt make any sense you should judge it by the content or whether or not theres any substance or some similarities not a few grammatical errors and trust me there are plenty of profiles with grammatical errors on here.Just because someone may write better doesnt mean that their a better or worse person besides i think thats getting off the main topic.Damn guess that means i blew it with the english majors.
 woobytoodsday
Msg: 18
Posted: 4/18/2009 5:30:44 PM
Well, for me, and my house, for starters: someone who knows that a period at the end of a sentence is followed by a space. If this is too hard for a person to learn, I figure prolly most of life is gonna git by him, too.

Jus' me. . . .

bulls eye annie
Msg: 19
view profile
History
Posted: 4/19/2009 7:25:14 AM
Well said! I second that! It's a long train ride with several stops along the way!

Annie
 Eenk
Msg: 20
Posted: 4/19/2009 3:59:14 PM
As much as they deny it, which you know is a sign that it's really true, women seek out drama. On a genetic level they are encoded to love drama and will do whatever they can to generate it where there previously was none. They may say they want a nice guy, but they all get wet when some douche treats them like shit, then they fall in love with him. Without something to complain about , women can not be happy.
 secretagentman99
Msg: 21
Posted: 4/19/2009 10:45:58 PM
Cause no matter what women say about not being shallow and how they don't need a mans money cause they are so independant, it's those factors in the end that prevail. Very amusing to hear when asked what is so great about the fantastic guy they are seeing, its never how great a soul or person he is, but its usually the fact that he has a boat or is a pilot or has millions of free traveler miles that they can use. As for being pessimistic and being accused of generalizing women, well when 99.5% of them fit that same mold, it's reality and not generalizing.
 Refinedsillyguy
Msg: 22
Posted: 4/19/2009 11:33:28 PM
-Girls don't like getting hurt.
-Girls want a challenge. not some guy that bends over backwards.
Girls look at guys as strong, safe, and someone that can make them feel strong/better in weak situations.
So if you have none of the above, or nothing that a girl could make her gf's jealous with. ie: ( looks, money, education, hobbies, charm, has a social life, can have fun, dance, connection)
Your odds are against you.
 *topchef*
Msg: 23
Posted: 4/20/2009 5:14:33 AM
Really...seriously, really!!

As for being pessimistic and being accused of generalizing women, well when 99.5% of them fit that same mold, it's reality and not generalizing.

I guess that means that 99.5% of guys are looking for a hooter's girl with a rich daddy.

~~~~~~~~~~~
Get a grip man, if this is your attitude and perspective, you are not putting out any kind of vibe that would attract anything different. If guys are not getting what they think they deserve, they need to look at what kind of bait they are using to catch their fish. Bitter, self-absorbed, lazy chauvanists don't really deserve much better.

And we can spot them a kilometer away.... the TV converter permanently embedded in their hands, surrounded by pizza boxes and empty long necks are a dead give away.
 MsMicki
Msg: 24
view profile
History
Posted: 4/20/2009 7:18:18 AM
a man that will put my tools back where he found them!
I've been looking for my tape measure for 3 days now!
 Refinedsillyguy
Msg: 25
Posted: 4/20/2009 12:01:43 PM
ahha, ask him for clues where the tape measure is haha
 *topchef*
Msg: 26
Posted: 4/21/2009 5:06:56 PM

The guys with MONEY, guys who are well off, guys who are rich, guys with the best paying jobs/careers, and guys with all the fancy toys that women want to be seen with and in!!!

Why do so many guys think none of the women on this site are successful in their own right and are interested only in a man for financial gain?? It is truly sad to see how bitter and cynical these people have become. Is it because successful women dont put up pictures with their expensive toys or brag about their success in their profile that these guys think these women dont exist? Perhaps these ladies want to be with someone who wants them for who they are, not for the size of their paycheck.

Compatibility is very difficult to assess in 2 dimensions, but between the profile, the approach, an exchange of email, it is certainly easy enough to weed out the undesirables. If you make it past these initial hurdles and finally meet, then it is up to nature to take its course from there.

C'mon guys....not every woman is a gold digging, high maintainance, shopaholic b1tch that is out to make your life a living hell. Do the work, and find out who is for real, instead of letting your ego and****make bad decisions for you.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > What are women really looking for?