Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Recipes and Cooking  > No Flour Peanut Butter Cookies      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 SAguy_06
Msg: 2
No Flour Peanut Butter CookiesPage 1 of 1    
where is the note...

Belle Requin
Msg: 5
No Flour Peanut Butter Cookies
Posted: 11/9/2009 1:53:44 PM
^^ Could adding gelatin help them stay together? They don't need flour because of the peanut meal. You can make cookies with any nut meal/nut butter.

Sugar and fat aren't enough to make gluten free cookies stick together, so I'm not sure it's the sugar and fat that hold these together. I'd be tempted to see if using hazelnut butter and stevia would work... (I don't eat peanuts) Though really then, I'd need to add cocoa to them for more like a nutella cookie...
 Molly Maude
Msg: 6
view profile
History
Posted: 11/9/2009 4:27:27 PM
I'm allergic to peanuts ... so am thinking almond butter or cashew butter or macadamia nut cookies would be nice ... these would be costly experiments, tho ...

am TRYING to figure out what to make for Christmas gifts! was considering adding a touch of rice flour ...
 Molly Maude
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Posted: 11/9/2009 7:28:05 PM
the egg sounds like a good idea ... some nut butter mixed with egg, sugar and rice flour ... of course ... the biggest problem with experiments of this nature is that I live alone, the dog's on a strict diet ... and I'd have to eat my own mistakes!

P.S. that's how I figured out how to make one biscuit ... and one pancake! trial and error!
 texasbaby
Msg: 8
view profile
History
Posted: 11/9/2009 7:49:44 PM
Let me see if I've got it.. The recipe has now turned into just your average, run of the mill, peanut butter cookie..
Nice,,

tb
 Belle Requin
Msg: 9
Posted: 11/10/2009 4:58:25 AM
Ffs just use xylitol instead of the stevia.
 texasbaby
Msg: 10
view profile
History
Posted: 11/10/2009 6:21:10 AM
FFS ~ As a diabetic I completely understand anyone's desire/need for low carb recipes.
What I found amusing was that, seemingly, many posters failed to read the OP. Suggesting the addition of eggs, as just one example,, ah,, he listed eggs as an ingredient in his recipe, then came the suggestion of some kind of flour. Finally, reaching the point that, in my opinion, the thread was turning into a discussion about a typical peanut butter cookie recipe.
I liked the suggestions of using other kinds of nut butters ~ because I have a child who is allergic to peanuts.
I was also interested in suggestions for the sugar substitutes ~ because of my diabetes. I have tried a number of products with this goal in mind, some work for me, some don't, depending on what I using the item in, I suppose.. Agave is one, which, of course, would not work in the cookies, because it's liquid. I bought it to use in my morning coffee and hated it! To me, it seemed as if my coffee tasted of tequila,, gross!
But, I have used it in jams and liked the result.
I did love one posters idea of using hazelnut butter and cocoa to make nutella cookies! My kids love nutella, I have to hide it from them or they will eat an entire jar the day it's opened. I think they would love the cookies.

As to sweet peanut butter,, yes,, you can buy sweet peanut butter. Check the label, most have some sugar, but some have LOTS.. They are usually the brands that focus their advertising toward children.

tb
 hopeso
Msg: 11
view profile
History
Posted: 11/10/2009 2:01:41 PM
gluten intolerant here, celiac----i tried cookies they r great=====any more simle gluten free recipes please pass them on to me.
 Molly Maude
Msg: 12
view profile
History
Posted: 8/12/2017 5:12:26 PM
3:58 p.m. ... experimenting with making almond butter cookies (allergic to peanuts) and I just put five almond cookies in the little convection oven to bake ... about 400° with the turbo fan on ... (we’re at 3,500 feet so higher temperatures and longer baking times) ...

used ABOUT half a cup of chunky almond butter, an equal amount of white sugar, about 1/4 cup of Bisquick (gluten-free, of COURSE!) and beat that all together ...

added about a tsp. of vanilla to an egg and beat that ... poured the egg mixture over the dough and, when I was blending that, realized it didn’t look like cookie dough, was too slimy and not dough-like ... decided it needed more Bisquick so dumped some in along with a goodly amount of chocolate chips ... stirred that all together and it looked perfect ...

took ‘em out about 4:10 p.m. .... so they baked 12 min. and they appear to be perfect ... put three more cookies into the oven ... TASTED and ATE one cookie and it couldn’t BE MORE PERFECT !!! wow ... really yummy ... better than the original Tollhouse chocolate chip recipe! perfect crunch, soft middle, melting chocolate chips ... chunks of almonds! they're crispy around the edges while soft inside! I'm so pleased!!
Show ALL Forums  > Recipes and Cooking  > No Flour Peanut Butter Cookies