Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Profile Reviews  > is my profile ok?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Jade Angel in MD
Msg: 1
view profile
History
is my profile ok?Page 1 of 2    (1, 2)
I have only been on the site for about two weeks. I haven't been in the dating scene for almost a year and really don't know what to say. I have got a few replies to my profile but many of them are just hookup offers. Please be honest and let me know what you think I should add or remove, including the pics. Thank you.
 Jade Angel in MD
Msg: 2
view profile
History
is my profile ok?
Posted: 4/17/2009 3:15:14 PM
Ok...I changed it up a little and I will find a full body pic to add.
 pathwood
Msg: 3
view profile
History
is my profile ok?
Posted: 4/17/2009 4:03:13 PM
Hello Jadeddarkangel....

Your handle sounds ominous (if I was a guy I'd already be wary).....

The first paragraph is negative & it has been recommended to both male & female posters here to drop it ......in your case the reader gets a bad taste immediately......if you really are past your patience with that type of contact put something at the end,that way you haven't scared off the good guys......

Good luck....
 Jade Angel in MD
Msg: 4
view profile
History
is my profile ok?
Posted: 4/17/2009 4:22:53 PM
ok..thank you for the advice. I didnt realize I was being negative right from the start. I switched it up again..better?
 pathwood
Msg: 5
view profile
History
is my profile ok?
Posted: 4/17/2009 6:00:52 PM
...."I am a currently ......" take out "a"......(I know.. just a little typo)

I don't remember reading all those interests before,maybe generalize instead of relisting them (they appear above) .......

For example,you could say......"from my hobbies you probably know you are dealing with an adventurous,motor......girl etc..........Do you see what I mean?

Give it another try....
 Jade Angel in MD
Msg: 6
view profile
History
is my profile ok?
Posted: 4/17/2009 11:58:31 PM
ok...updated again...hopefully better.. Going to get my friend to take some pics of me this weekend.
 Jade Angel in MD
Msg: 7
view profile
History
is my profile ok? (Edited)
Posted: 4/24/2009 6:52:49 PM
Ok..updated and added new pics...please review again and tell me if it looks good :)
thank you
 Jade Angel in MD
Msg: 8
view profile
History
Posted: 7/31/2010 8:43:35 AM
Ok, I took a year off from this site and now I have been back on for a few weeks. I have many lookers but hardly any emails. Any ideas? Thank you.
 You go first
Msg: 9
Posted: 7/31/2010 10:04:43 AM
What kind of guy are you hoping to meet here? Someone also with 'visible tattoos and piercings'? Someone who will look past the cleavage shots and see a (presumably) smart woman underneath?

Your profile is intended to not only show your personality, but be attractive to the type of person you are hoping to meet. Guys respond to confidence and humour. Have you sent any messages to any guys you find interesting??
 Jade Angel in MD
Msg: 10
view profile
History
Posted: 7/31/2010 10:17:07 AM
Well I want to meet someone with similar interests and who also enjoys doing the same things I do. I had meant to fix the one pic (and I did) that pic shows my eye color which I think is one of my most attractive features.
Yes I have sent a few messages and have gotten either no reply or else I find something I do not like about them once I start to get to know them (like no vehicle and they live 20 miles away or they do not have a drivers license due to their failure to pay child support).
 privat33r
Msg: 11
view profile
History
Posted: 7/31/2010 10:22:11 AM
You've a decent profile. Did you watch "The Incredibles"? Remember the scene where the fashionista has made a suit for Jim-Jim the baby. Elasticgirl asks, "What did you think Jim-Jim was?", Fashionsista, "Well I'm sure I didn't know. So I covered the basics".

You've all the main elements : decent pics, an engaging profile, nothing particularly negative and some spicey spunk. Its not really obvious what you're like or exactly how you have fun. That could help.
 Jade Angel in MD
Msg: 12
view profile
History
is my profile ok?
Posted: 7/31/2010 3:25:06 PM
@funkymonkee - I do not know where you learned how to read English at or if you think you know how to translate what women say, but you are waaayyyy off...LMAO!!

@wolftxusa - I didn't realize it read so negative, thank you for the input. I will have to play with the wording.
 gavreel
Msg: 13
is my profile ok?
Posted: 7/31/2010 6:23:13 PM
In my opinion, this whole part should be removed or reworded.

There are a few things that I MUST add here:
* I am very independent and have a mind of my own.
* I am not klingy and am looking for someone who is also their own person.
* I will not go through your private stuff so please respect my privacy.
* If you are a drug user please move on!!!
* I have visible tattoos and a piercing, I love them!! So, if you don't I am not the woman for you.
 Jade Angel in MD
Msg: 14
view profile
History
is my profile ok?
Posted: 8/2/2010 6:24:14 AM
Thank you for the input, I removed that part.
 Jade Angel in MD
Msg: 15
view profile
History
is my profile ok?
Posted: 8/7/2010 12:54:01 PM
Thank you...and I took out the first line.
Show ALL Forums  > Profile Reviews  > is my profile ok?