Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Testimonials  > plenty of . . . other dating sites      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 tech_artist
Msg: 1
plenty of . . . other dating sitesPage 1 of 1    
Just an adios to POF, only been around for a few months, had my lengthy and thoughtful e-mails ignored and only received _one_ e-mail from anyone, which was a grand total of 4 words. Not that this is the fault of the site, just its not seeming like a particularly great place to meet people.

On the other hand, I brought up this point to the admins, and was ignored:

It is _exceedingly_ bad practice from a security standpoint to send out your password, in PLAIN TEXT, in WEEKLY e-mails which are IMPOSSIBLE to disable. There are some great features here, and as a whole the site is well programmed . . .but seriously. Thats rookie sh1t folks.

Peace out everyone, hope to see ya on . . . totally digging their questions interface which actually has some depth to it, unlike here! Everyone who is staying, bug markus about the password thing, or don't use a password you use elsewhere (ie for e-mail) on this site! Mark my words it can become an issue!

-Eric aka tech_artist
 Kinglink
Msg: 2
plenty of . . . other dating sites
Posted: 4/19/2009 12:31:25 PM
A-freaking-men! The lack of security and weak site is the reason I'm leaving.

I know which site you mean, and I agree, far better.

I suggest anyone using this site change their password to "plaintext" just to remember why you don't want to use a secure password, was mine, but this account is on the way out.
Show ALL Forums  > Testimonials  > plenty of . . . other dating sites