Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Art/Music  > Eternal Sunshine...      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 DaManley
Msg: 1
Eternal Sunshine...Page 1 of 1    
The greatest movie I've seen as of late is a movie made in 2004 with Jim Carrey.
It was called Eternal Sunshine of A Spotless Mind.
I always find great pleasure watching movies and enjoy being entertained by Jim Carrey.

Recently, I've been getting into movies that are about life. This I thought was something like that category, life.

Do you have any movies that sort of fit into that category? Movies that teach you about life or somehow change you opinion or perspective?
 Bry-Fidelity
Msg: 4
Eternal Sunshine...
Posted: 4/20/2009 3:17:15 AM
Magnolia! I think it's pretty similar to the feel of Eternal Sunshine which I also love. I think it's so abstract in the way it captures the parallels of all the characters it portrays that it really does capture the realness of life. People say the most random things and have the most awkward moments and I've never seen it done so well where I honestly don't feel it's pretentious. The theme of what we choose to forgive is also brilliant. I also think that High Fidelity is another great one. The most real relationship movie I've ever seen!
 itechman63
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Eternal Sunshine...
Posted: 4/21/2009 3:08:38 PM

Magnolia!

Who was the director of that? Paul Thomas Anderson or something who also directed 'Boogie Nights' and 'Punch-Drunk Love'. All were movies that took you to heights of discomfort but always ended with redemption. Very good.
 briargate
Msg: 11
Eternal Sunshine...
Posted: 4/23/2009 8:23:34 PM
I didn't care much for "About Schmidt" and it's not because Nicolson plays such a hen-pecked fuddy dud. It's just that so much of it comes across as insincere. His wife, while she is alive nagging the shit out of him, doesn't seem worthy of any remembrance. Yet later in the film, Schmidt has a phony nostalgic moment watching the stars right after he tried to jump the wife of a fellow RVer. With so many gag-inducing scenes like that, I wrote the story off. And truly, he has no standing on which to judge his dumbass future son-in-law, as his own life is more or less a waste as it is.

"Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind" is really rather special. Kate Winslet is at times adorable, then repulsively nuts, which of course makes her even more difficult to forget. The relationship between her and Carrey that much more believable. And the scenes depicting dissolving memory and its distortions are just remarkably beautiful.

I did also like "Magnolia," although there are a few too many plot lines going on at the same time, so it just gave me a bit of fatigue caring about all of them. Some of the dialog is classic, like Cruise's pick-up artist seminar spiel. Ha ha ha.
 PinballWizard42
Msg: 12
Eternal Sunshine...
Posted: 4/24/2009 4:47:03 PM
I really enjoy Broken Flowers, mainly for the melancholy of late period Billy Murray.
 EverlongLimit
Msg: 13
view profile
History
Eternal Sunshine...
Posted: 4/24/2009 9:20:27 PM
I am surprised no one mentioned The Truman Show.
 anastazia1117
Msg: 14
Eternal Sunshine...
Posted: 5/18/2009 12:18:23 PM
I loved this movie as well. I would add Gattaca and V for Vendetta to my list of movies that really affected the way I look at life recently. Garden State and Last Kiss too.
Show ALL Forums  > Art/Music  > Eternal Sunshine...