Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > dating women with similiar interests      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 CMonster
Msg: 3
dating women with similiar interestsPage 1 of 2    (1, 2)
Personal compatibility is more important than similar interests. If you can't get along does enjoying the same things even matter?
 celts123
Msg: 4
dating women with similiar interests
Posted: 4/20/2009 1:10:45 PM
I don't think 2 people need to like the exact same things. But they should have some things in common.
 chameleonf
Msg: 7
Posted: 4/20/2009 1:19:56 PM
You can have all kinds of differences but the trick is accepting someone else's. It should be stimulating to discuss all the differences, experience the differences, but not expend your energy fighting about them...it's called sharing and playing nice.
 agenteightysix
Msg: 8
view profile
History
dating women with similar interests
Posted: 4/20/2009 1:20:31 PM
I think differences are fine. Just respect each-others point of view. My girlfriend is vegetarian, democrat, and wants to be socially involved in projects I have no interest. I am very athletic and she can hardly ride a bike. I think she is a great balance to myself. I make sure I cook vegetarian not because I want to but, to show that I am considerate. I learn about global hunger and she learns about multinationals.
Maybe you could go to a Card, Cubs game and not rub it in when the Cubs lose, and then try and make something on the menu from your favorite restaurant. Agree that the republicans have made some big mistakes and that not every thing the democrats are doing is going to work. Both parties are so imperfect. Find ways to compliment each-others weaknesses.
 ~rain~
Msg: 10
view profile
History
dating women with similar interests
Posted: 4/20/2009 1:34:08 PM
I like someone with different interests..I love to be around people I can learn from and who wants to learn from me!
If we have all the same interests, You would run out of things to teach each other!
 Adam Taylor
Msg: 11
view profile
History
Posted: 4/20/2009 1:41:25 PM
Some of the women I've had the closest and most intense relationships with, were ones with whom I had very little in common.

You don't have to share a lot of interests to be a good match.
You can enjoy learning from each other.
 gtomustang
Msg: 16
Posted: 4/20/2009 3:50:27 PM
If you're looking to get laid, then only a few interests matter.

If you want to share a life with this person, then sharing a lot of interests matter.

If you want to have separate lives, but get together to enjoy an event both of you like in common...then having only a few shared interests is OK.

If you're hoping having this person in your life, will make your own life better, then shared interests isn't an issue until you realize the unhealthiness of the relationship. But maybe you like drama, in which case you will be in heaven.

and so on.
 warren87
Msg: 19
Posted: 4/20/2009 4:58:44 PM
"I like the Cardinals, she liked the Cubs
I vote Republican, she votes Democratic
She liked to cook, I liked to go out to dinner"

Obviously the Republican vs. Democrat is something that can be hard to overcome.

But I live in that middle zone of Illinois that is strongly Cubs vs. Cardinals, and poeple may laugh but that rivalry is a huge deal. My advice would be to have fun with it, it doesn't have to be mean spirited between you just because the rivalry is. Third finding a woman who likes to cook is wonderful IMO you should definitely come around to her side on this one for your longterm health. Also that is a trivial difference in the grand scheme of things. The Republican vs. Democrat is bigger it influences how you both see the world.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > dating women with similiar interests