Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > cell phone use      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Landra
Msg: 2
cell phone usePage 1 of 2    (1, 2)
When he gets on his phone, say "You look busy-- I'll see ya later" and walk away or leave.
Keep doing it until he learns some manners. If he does.
 packagedealx3
Msg: 3
view profile
History
cell phone use
Posted: 4/21/2009 11:33:25 AM
^^^^What she said, you are 30, how old is this guy? My kids drive me crazy with the texting but they are teenagers.
 ~rain~
Msg: 6
view profile
History
cell phone use
Posted: 4/21/2009 11:48:05 AM
If you have a "fiance" then why are you on a dating site saying you are single and looking for other men to date??
ooohh! I am sorry! You asked what you should do about your "fiance"

I think you should dump him!! He will be better off without you!

QuestForNormal
Msg: 7
cell phone use
Posted: 4/21/2009 11:50:27 AM
I agree with most of what everyone else is saying but, more importantly, have you told him that this bothers you?? If you haven't brought it to his attention, he probably is unaware that there is a problem. Remember, the reason that most relationships fail is a lack of communication. Once you tell him, if the situation persists then it may very well be a window into what your marriage will be like and you might want to rethink it, as well. I don't think that it's unreasonable for you to ask your mate to refrain from texting when the two of you are together.
 ~rain~
Msg: 11
view profile
History
cell phone use
Posted: 4/21/2009 11:55:29 AM
OR..

while he is texting , you could be on this dating site answering your messages from other men you want to date!!
 Greyfeld
Msg: 13
view profile
History
cell phone use
Posted: 4/21/2009 12:23:46 PM
: If you have a "fiance" then why are you on a dating site saying you are single and looking for other men to date??
ooohh! I am sorry! You asked what you should do about your "fiance"

I think you should dump him!! He will be better off without you!

I love it how people completely ignore the question and do whatever they can to peel negativity from the person's page to make them look like a bad person and badmouth them. Goes to show how empty their life is if they aren't trying to make other people look bad.

You ever think that maybe she never got around to changing her settings? I know that on social websites, sometimes I don't think about updating my page for a good 6 months at a time. But no, obviously this couldn't possibly be the case. Obviously she's just looking for a good humping behind his back, because that would totally make your existence have meaning.
 ~rain~
Msg: 14
view profile
History
cell phone use
Posted: 4/21/2009 12:33:24 PM

I love it how people completely ignore the question and do whatever they can to peel negativity from the person's page to make them look like a bad person and badmouth them. Goes to show how empty their life is if they aren't trying to make other people look bad.

I did give my opinion to her question..it was answered! and i didnt have to do anything to make her look like a bad person..it is all there in black and white on her page!!

You ever think that maybe she never got around to changing her settings?
I think that when you start a relationship and maintain that relationship long enough to become engaged..(unless it is a prearranged marriage) then one shouldnt neglect the fact that you have a profile on a dating site that states you are single and looking for men to date!

Obviously she's just looking for a good humping behind his back

and if this actually the case, then she shouldnt be pissed off that he is texting people!!

because that would totally make your existence have meaning.

YES !!!! I do believe my life is complete now! Thank you so much for pointing that out!!
 Greyfeld
Msg: 15
view profile
History
cell phone use
Posted: 4/21/2009 12:41:29 PM

I did give my opinion to her question..it was answered! and i didnt have to do anything to make her look like a bad person..it is all there in black and white on her page!!

Your "opinion" was unhelpful, sarcastic, and heavy with spiteful implication.

I think that when you start a relationship and maintain that relationship long enough to become engaged..(unless it is a prearranged marriage) then one shouldnt neglect the fact that you have a profile on a dating site that states you are single and looking for men to date!

I think you're a close-minded tool who doesn't realize that some people like posting in forums, and some people don't think about making changes to their profile at the drop of a hat. A gentle reminder, privately, is more than enough, if you think it's that big of an issue. But to derail a topic, to call somebody's fidelity into question, on a public forum, without any knowledge as to their personal situation, is not only bad etiquette, but petty, rude, and.... well, b*tchy.

and if this actually the case, then she shouldnt be pissed off that he is texting people!!

Sarcasm, my dear. Of course, I'm sure you already knew that.
 ~rain~
Msg: 16
view profile
History
cell phone use
Posted: 4/21/2009 12:57:58 PM

Your "opinion" was unhelpful, sarcastic, and heavy with spiteful implication.

I suggested that she dump him!! alot of other people suggeted the same thing!!

I think you're a close-minded tool who doesn't realize that some people like posting in forums, and some people don't think about making changes to their profile at the drop of a hat.

she is with this guy long enough to get engaged to be married!! I do not classify that "at a drop of a hat"

to call somebody's fidelity into question, on a public forum, without any knowledge as to their personal situation, is not only bad etiquette, but petty, rude, and.... well, b*tchy.

her profile isnt hidden! Anyone can read it!! it is there is black and white!!
as for me being" bi tchy", I call it the way I see it!
I dont believe in sugar coating, it just gives me cavities! It took me alot of years to be the bi tch I am and i am proud of it! I am certainly not going to tell a person how bad her fiance is, when she is just as if not more guilty then he is!!
 Greyfeld
Msg: 17
view profile
History
cell phone use
Posted: 4/21/2009 1:01:18 PM

her profile isnt hidden! Anyone can read it!! it is there is black and white!!
as for me being" bi tchy", I call it the way I see it!
I dont believe in sugar coating, it just gives me cavities! It took me alot of years to be the bi tch I am and i am proud of it! I am certainly not going to tell a person how bad her fiance is, when she is just as if not more guilty then he is!!

Uh huh. Yeah, I'm not gonna sit here and argue with you all day. I've made my point, so take it however you will.
 Greyfeld
Msg: 18
view profile
History
cell phone use
Posted: 4/21/2009 3:09:12 PM

OP -- Tell yourself whatever it is you need to to help you sleep better at night...but the fact is you are actually quite jealous. The indicator was the sentence just before the professed "I'm not jealous" part where you mentioned that you feel left out.

That's jealous.

Anything that is being done without you involved that leads to bitterness on your part is jealousy. Or you can shade it in a little and just call it "envy".

Either way, you are most certainly jealous. And it shows. How very "me me me all about me" of you to act that way too. I highly doubt that this behavior is anything new, and he has likely been that way ever since you two hooked up. You probably just think that because you're now engaged it should be all about you.

How fantastically selfish of you!

Pat yourself on the back.

Maybe you should just cut him loose and let him live his life with someone less self serving and controlling...and jealous. It seems pretty clear that if it ain't all about YOU, you'll never truly be happy so maybe you'll both be better off with new people.

Just sayin'............................

Great job on reading into something that probably isn't even there. How dare she demand that her fiance actually pay attention to her from time to time. The nerve of some people!!!

Fact is, it doesn't matter what you wanna label the emotion, what matters is what she can do about it.
 Need2possessu
Msg: 23
cell phone use
Posted: 4/21/2009 7:32:13 PM
The bottom line is this. You are not yet married. The behaviors you establish now will last your entire marriage. Reality Check!!! I can promise things only get worse after marriage, unlike the dream of how they will improve. Sounds like you both need to make a list of things that require improvement in your relationship and get them sorted out PDQ.
 GoneSailinBabe
Msg: 28
cell phone use
Posted: 5/1/2009 8:42:33 AM
Tell him how you feel.
If he doesn't stop? End the relationship. It lacks respect.

If you can't talk to him about this - then you're missing communication and honesty also.

You cannot have a decent relationship without respect, communication and honesty.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > cell phone use