Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Testimonials  > Yet another dissatisfied customer      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 FunNRomance2009
Msg: 1
Yet another dissatisfied customerPage 1 of 1    
I was really hoping that I would be one of the lucky ones who would be able to post a positive testimonial here upon leaving but, hence, it is not to be. As is the case with about 97 percent of the men on here (this figure was quoted in a recent testimonial and is pretty accurate as far as I am concerned), I am deleting my account because I was not at all satisfied with the results, or lack thereof, I received. While there may not be any investment from a financial standpoint, there is a lot of time, effort and emotions that go into the whole online dating endeavor and when you feel you are not getting any return on that investment, it is time to pull the plug.

I can certainly sympathize with the women who had to endure countless, sexually explicit messages from perverted men they don't know from a hole in the wall and by no means do I advocate that sort of behavior from my fellow brethren. I understand completely why that would turn you off and I don't know what would possess these guys to act in that manner. However, I find it quite disturbing that those of us such as myself who write quality profiles and polite e-mail messages receive exactly the same results as the aforementioned clueless perverts: no reply. If you cannot differentiate between the losers who send you blow ups of the penises and the decent men who can actually spell, don't mention anything about sex in their initial message and ask you questions about you because they are legitimately interested in getting to know you as a person, then what is the point of all of this? Of course it is unrealistic to expect 100 percent, 50 percent or even 33 percent of the women we write to answer back, but when that percentage does not climb out of the single digits range (and for many guys, stays at 0), there is something really wrong there.

I guess I should consider myself somewhat fortunate because, unlike a lot of men on here, I did have some women respond to my e-mails. However, in nearly every case, I felt that I was the one who was trying to keep further the communication with lengthy follow up messages, asking them questions about themselves, complimenting them on accomplishments they mentioned (NEVER on any physical attributes other than a bright, beautiful smile), etc. while I would get nothing but barely two line responses which said absolutely nothing and made it appear that these women were simply going through the motions. I did feel that many of the women were very arrogant and stuck up which was often easily detected by simply reading what they wrote in their profiles, and to whom I did NOT reach out, but too many others came across as apathetic and like they really didn't want to be bothered. If that is the case, then why are you on here? There are a lot of people who always appear at the top of the search results with the Online Now status, but I'll bet they never respond to even a single e-mail. I would think and hope that you could find a better use of your time than that.

In closing, I do not want to come across as bitter or like I am bashing the opposite sex, but I am quite disgusted and very disappointed with what has (and hasn't) transpired during my stint on POF. It is not the fact that I didn't find the love of my life that was the letdown, it is the lack of common courtesy and manners and the ridiculous adolescent games which are exhibited by both genders and makes a venue such as this a disaster for most people when it could be so much better. I am off now to meet people in the so-called real world and not hiding behind my computer. That is certainly no guarantee of success, but I'll take my chances anyway.

Best of luck to those of you on here who have genuinely good intentions. To the rest of you, I really don't know what to say.
Show ALL Forums  > Testimonials  > Yet another dissatisfied customer