Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Guy  > Unconscious racial bias...      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 yourstillhere
Msg: 2
view profile
History
Unconscious racial bias...Page 1 of 1    
I dont know about you, but since its mostly blonde and blue eyed`s making the top 500 then it sounds to me like they`re against us salt and pepper-hairs with hazel eyes too.

NOW I`m mad!!!!
Lets you and me go and get to the bottom of this right now!!!!
(you go first, I promise I`ll back up everything you say)

:)
 aSydneyMale
Msg: 9
Unconscious racial bias...
Posted: 4/22/2009 7:31:49 PM

I looked at the top 500 'hot' people on POF... it looks frighteningly Aryan. I mean, vast majority was blond and blue eyed. Only 1 black woman out of 500. Two asians. No 'indigenious' looking Latinas.

'Frighteningly Aryan? Is this because POF is a world-wide dating site, primarily including people from Britain, Scandinavia and the rest of Europe, Australia, Canada, New Zealand and the United States? I don't know the percentage of other racial groups on POF, but maybe it's low? Maybe it's a website-participation issue, rather than the latent-racism issue you're suggesting?

We all have our preferences with who we date, and these are based upon numerous factors, not only race. If I were in America I'd be happy to date an African-American woman, the same as I'd be happy to date a woman who was in my age-group with a similar lifestyle to me. Attraction is not race-specific, but cultural, social and religious issues often come into play if we are talking about a relationship.

For the longest time in Western history, white has symbolized virtue/purity/beauty... and black evil/degraded/sexualized.

Maybe America now has the opportunity to dispel this conception with it's new president? The first family is classy, poised, powerful and quite black. Michelle Obama is an amazingly beautiful woman without a blonde highlight in sight!
 notregme
Msg: 12
view profile
History
Unconscious racial bias...
Posted: 4/22/2009 7:45:41 PM
All us whites are racist and we go to our klan meetings ever week to pick the top 500 aryans.You cant get in unless you know the handshake.Because only whites can be racist.lol

There I told you what you wanted to hear happy now?lol
Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Guy  > Unconscious racial bias...