Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > New to dating, period. Would appreciate words of wisdom from your exp      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Glenoran1
Msg: 1
New to dating, period. Would appreciate words of wisdom from your experience, please.Page 1 of 1    
When I decided to find my soulmate, I was 41 and had never been out on a date. I met my soulmate from an ad in the newspaper, and had the joy of being with him for 17 years until his death from cancer. I'm now 59 and a newbie in dating and the search for my second life mate. I would greatly appreciate reading from you anything relevant that you've learned from experience, and many thanks for taking the time to share it with me.
 Glenoran1
Msg: 2
New to dating, period. Would appreciate words of wisdom from your experience, please.
Posted: 4/23/2009 10:14:10 PM
Thanks for the comments, folks. It's good advice.
 buckmaker
Msg: 3
view profile
History
New to dating, period. Would appreciate words of wisdom from your experience, please.
Posted: 4/24/2009 5:12:31 AM
I know this sounds sarcastic lady but, I think you should quit while you're ahead.
 Glenoran1
Msg: 4
Posted: 4/24/2009 1:06:25 PM
Thanks very much for the feedback and advice. I will keep it in mind.

Buckmaker, you sound like you've had some very negative experiences. You're probably right that it would be safer to quit now rather than risk getting hurt or disappointed. But I've seen people actually die of loneliness, and it's a horrible way to go. So I'm going to err on the side of "no guts, no glory", and forge on.
 pizzic2
Msg: 5
Posted: 4/24/2009 1:43:32 PM
I am also sorry for the loss of your dear husband. I have had a sister and other close family/friends die of cancer. It is not an easy time for the ones that are left behind.

Good for you, to have the courage to forge on and look for someone new to make your life less lonely.

I encourage you to take your time and go slow and look through the profiles and read the forums to get your feet wet a little and than maybe start messaging some of the profiles you find that have the same interests as yourself. No one wants to go through the rest of their life alone and lonely, you are right to take the chance to see if there is another soul mate that is suited for your lifestyle and interests.

Best of Luck,
Joyce
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > New to dating, period. Would appreciate words of wisdom from your experience, please.