Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Ireland  > If you left Ireland where would you go      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 TheVoiceWithin
Msg: 11
view profile
History
If you left Ireland where would you goPage 1 of 2    (1, 2)
Irish men are more than welcome in Canada! We would LOVE to have you here. I may be in Ireland in few years to find work, maybe I can find myself a good man there, something about that sexy accent.
 ptclaire
Msg: 23
view profile
History
If you left Ireland where would you go
Posted: 11/14/2009 5:17:58 PM
I left Ireland at the age of five, grew up in Quebec, Canada, and now live the New Jersey, USA...........quite a journey.
 Gordz
Msg: 26
view profile
History
Posted: 11/15/2009 3:59:39 PM
both my folks are from dun laoghaire (spellcheck) but I was born in Australia... ALL you young irish girls are more than welcome... fkn love the irish accent :D:D
 Luthion
Msg: 27
view profile
History
Posted: 11/16/2009 2:52:07 AM
Having visited and lived in numerous countries over the year, the only thing it has thought me is to appreciate Ireland more.

It's not perfect, but neither is any other country. They all have their problems, most of which you don't become aware of until you actually spend an extended amount of time there.

So to answer your question? Nowhere. There's no place like home.
 lostdarkangel
Msg: 31
view profile
History
Posted: 4/14/2012 10:30:06 PM
My first time on this so had to momment canada is the best place to live I maybe pregidist but eh,I live in western canada the best city and province and country ever calgary alberta,We have been labeled the freindlest city in canada ,our weather is just awsome,we have the mountains in our citys back yard so easy to drive to in a spear of the moment .We must be doing alot right as everyones moving here from eastern canada and just look our city up we have one of the worlds bigest stamped world biggest outdoor show on earth. Just wanted to let you you and if i was to go any where i have always wanted to go to irland or scotland as thats my hariatage. From lostdarkangel calgary alberta canada nice to meet you/.
 london150
Msg: 32
view profile
History
Posted: 6/6/2012 8:58:52 PM
People can be murdered anywhere, not just the ghettos. Suburbia is full of husbands, wives, and kids offing each other. Just so you all know if you love racism and want to get loads of, come to America especially the south and Missouri.
 seafoodandeatit
Msg: 34
view profile
History
Posted: 10/19/2012 8:12:46 PM
To thenewlife
you should try down here in Australia!
Work wise try seasonal pickers sites you pick vegies on farms, ok you rough it a bit but its cash in hand and you get to go all around OZ with all the other pickers.
If you can pour drinks most pubs would give you a try.
we dont care what way you vote what church if any you go to
or what team you go and see. you even meet up at the same pub and have a few drinks.
the down sides are: woman love the way you talk so you might have trouble being on your own.
In 99% of Aust there is no snow and it doesnt rain every week.
the sand is very white at the beach so you will need sun glasses.
BBQ's are very big here so you will have to learn to eat with your hands again...
 smilingirishgal
Msg: 36
view profile
History
Posted: 11/17/2012 3:03:24 PM
Left Ireland 6 years ago to move to the UK, not that far away but sometimes miss the good old craic you have back home :) Obviously still visit home and everything but not the same lol Like another person said on here there's no place like home.
 DebtFreeHomewner
Msg: 38
view profile
History
Posted: 11/20/2012 7:13:33 PM
Gaza City , Fukishima , Bopal India : )

Kinda makes ya feel good to home
 uwho2
Msg: 39
Posted: 1/13/2013 2:23:54 PM
I like your spite.Im an American of Scotch-Irish ancestory.We got thrown out of everywhere.If we had no one to fight with we fought each other.If I were to move from here,Im thinking Costa Rica.Good weather and lots of beaches
 uwho2
Msg: 40
Posted: 1/13/2013 2:32:46 PM
They say that God created alcohol to keep the Irish from takeing over the world.Robbie x is a perfect example
Show ALL Forums  > Ireland  > If you left Ireland where would you go