Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 30  > What do you expect him or her to be by the age of 30.      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 RnR1
Msg: 4
What do you expect him or her to be by the age of 30.Page 1 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
One word:
SANE.
 barbee1970
Msg: 7
What do you expect him or her to be by the age of 30.
Posted: 4/29/2009 10:01:39 PM
How about out of mommy's house. I mean, come on! Have a steady job, a car.
 Monty0791
Msg: 9
view profile
History
Posted: 4/29/2009 10:48:02 PM
I don't want someone to like me for my house or my cars that's materialistic.I wont even bring it up on a first date.I rather have someone believe I have nothing and like me for me. Instead of taking measurement for where there stuff is going to fit.
 fossape
Msg: 11
view profile
History
Posted: 4/30/2009 12:52:42 AM
Jeez, and to think I just 'grew up' at 30 and decided to go to university and get a degree. Some would say I sold out and that I should have stuck with playing music professionally. I was always a late bloomer though.
 fossape
Msg: 12
view profile
History
Posted: 4/30/2009 12:57:40 AM
Not sure if I can expect anything from anyone really, everyone has a different situation and you can't really judge anyone by any sort of standard, especiallywhen we in this side of the world are plump and well fed well 80% of the rest of the world is starving.
 cfb62
Msg: 14
view profile
History
Posted: 4/30/2009 8:45:14 AM
I don't think the age of 30 demonstrates anything, but if a guy hasn't been married by 40, most women I know see him as someone unable to commit EVER.
Posted: 4/30/2009 12:27:49 PM

One word:
SANE.

I concur (but I will use MY scale of sanity)!

Other than that, why do we need to have expectations? IMO that takes the fun out of many situations and leads to much disappointment.
 RnR1
Msg: 17
Posted: 4/30/2009 4:03:27 PM
I've never been married... and I'm 'over 30'.
I've been engaged several times. Yet it 'fell apart'. At the end of the day, I actually consider myself 'lucky' insomuch that rather than beginning a new marriage, it likely would have ended up trying to 'save it' right after the honeymoon.
(Of course I have to include that I was cheated on..)
My past relationships were long term as well. It just so happened that when I got the engagement ring(s), things just went bad...sadly

Actually, I honestly believe I'd be a good catch. No 'evil past', no kids, no alimony...no 'overhead' or drama.

So to conclude that if one hasnt been married before means they would never commit is a bit of a stretch.

=========
I don't think the age of 30 demonstrates anything, but if a guy hasn't been married by 40, most women I know see him as someone unable to commit EVER.
 notregme
Msg: 18
view profile
History
Posted: 4/30/2009 7:57:12 PM
I found the best way to get your folks of your back when they bug you about being single, you know the "what are you waiting for? why havent you got married yet? ext,

tell them your gay.lol.it floors them and then they wont bug you about being single or even bring up why you dont have a house ext.lol
 Wine is Fine
Msg: 21
Posted: 5/1/2009 6:51:22 PM
This is my first time responding to a forum. I agree with "lone hawk"; it is unfair and logically fallacious to box people into stereotypical constructs.
However, you are not alone on this site regarding your single status. There are a few of us who have never been married, who do not have children, (but actually enjoy their company), and did not settle. I am close to forty; two friends of mine are in similar situations: both over 44 years of age. We are professionals, travel extensively, support ourselves without difficulty, take care of ourselves (grooming; exercise; lifetime learning, etc...)and we are not physically unappealing (so we are told).
The "singleness" is difficult for people to relate to, because everyone needs to feel loved, cherished and needed (or at least one of these....) to feel somewhat fulfilled. We are in a segment of the population that is exclusive, but not necessarily desirable, even to ourselves. I was told that we have indeed "won the lottery" to be in this situation, but we do not know it.. The irony of all this is that 2 of 3 of us are hopeless romantics!The important thing is to carry on and follow your path, wherever that may take you. Fear itself is the greatest setback. Develop a thicker skin and trudge bravely through the madness of it all.
 RobertKoi
Msg: 27
Posted: 5/2/2009 4:22:45 AM
"What do you expect him or her to be by the age of 30."
-----------------
Nothing besides personality. Everything else is on the surface.
 WanderingRain
Msg: 49
view profile
History
Posted: 5/17/2009 12:52:30 AM
Nothing. They either have their act together or they don't. Age isn't a factor in whether they are competent enough to take care of themselves or not.
One thing I don't like is pettiness, regardless of age. There are some who overcome this early and some who never seem to overcome it.
 Jason B
Msg: 50
Posted: 5/20/2009 4:19:51 PM
Hello,

I don't expect women to be "perfect". I would HOPE that she would be kind to others. I don't have expectations; I just hope to find my special lady.
 Florida_Or_Bust
Msg: 51
view profile
History
Posted: 5/20/2009 5:09:13 PM
I still haven't figured out the labels thing.

Married or not married really doesn't matter. For me its not even an issue of kids/no kids...job/ no job.

I would hope they have a job but thats only cause I know it stinks not having one. But as long as they can take care of themselves...who I am to judge.

I think my biggest thing is ... by the time you are in your 30s you should be mature enough to quit labeling things and understand basic common courtesy. You know understand that there is more to anyone than what immediately meets the eye.

I would think that the really bad pick up lines have been removed from someone vocab by then...

You know...basically being able to hold a conversation...

But that said I may be expecting too much. LOL I have talked to come great people on here and I have also talked to a few that just really reminded me how much things have changed in the last 15 years or so! LMAO
 verygreeneyez
Msg: 52
Posted: 5/20/2009 6:45:12 PM

What expectations do you associate with someone 30 and above

I have no expectations of someone else, regardless of age. I only police my own self and that's a full-time job. JMO
Show ALL Forums  > Over 30  > What do you expect him or her to be by the age of 30.