Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Ireland  > Why The World LOves Irish Men      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 TASAL
Msg: 1
Why The World LOves Irish MenPage 1 of 6    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6)
NOT ALL IRISH MEN, BUT SOME OF US ARE MORE IN TOUCH WITH OUR FEELINGS,
WE CAN SEE LOVE IN THE SMALLEST OF THINGS
and i need for some reason 200 charaters to post, why

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Ye8GLPUVsM&feature=related
 c0mftn
Msg: 2
Why The World LOves Irish Men
Posted: 5/3/2009 8:44:17 AM
Under dog. The world loves to root for the under dog.
 MalaSam
Msg: 3
Posted: 5/3/2009 9:27:48 AM
Ah Tasal me flower, have you been hit with the touch of the POF mods aswell? Its a pain in the hole isnt it.......the POF mods dont seem to like the irish men lol. I however think that in general the world has a fairtale view of Ireland which leads to Irish men making the most of thier charm
 thenewlife
Msg: 4
Posted: 5/3/2009 10:39:51 AM
The world loves Bono, let's save the environment, make poverty history but more importantly make Bono even richer.
 *Sassy Redhead*
Msg: 5
Posted: 5/4/2009 9:47:22 PM
I wish more Irish men would come to the States then!
 witchychick32
Msg: 6
Posted: 5/5/2009 3:30:14 PM
I'm an American Woman,and Irish guys are my favorite. I love the accent. lol:) I love Ireland,too and wish I lived there. I am going to be going there asap.
 TASAL
Msg: 7
Posted: 5/8/2009 6:02:07 PM
the new life, you dont get it, i see every weekend guys in gibneys, now i dont drink there, i a duffys man, old irish, yeh
all out get drunk get a shag, you will die alone with that attidude
you can shag a girl in 15 minutes, how many minutes in your life, i want the journey i want someone for the life shag if you will excuse me. i cant understand these night club disco boys, ARE they all ***holes... i say there are, but when you grow you WILL realise you just want 1 girl, not a sex buddy, you want a friend.
every friday night the cave men are released, lol lol
 TASAL
Msg: 8
Posted: 5/8/2009 6:08:15 PM
btw about 15 years ago i sold U2 about 30 of my songs i wrote, and to this day yous all listen to them. i got well paid, and still do. i admire u2 ,they weren't allowed play on late late show and look now, but they had help.
i cant sing but i can write, this song VERY special to me...
 TASAL
Msg: 9
Posted: 5/8/2009 6:18:39 PM
heres and extract from my book -10 Days of Rain.
this a summary of the first girl i ever and still love.

10 DAYS OF RAIN

The 16th of July, what a night of all nights for this to come, death.
As a child I used to believe that I would and could never die, if I believed it enough then I could change the very building blocks of everything I knew.
Yet life in herself has a way of eventually getting to everyone, at one a time in your life she comes around to pay you that visit. To pay you the wake call, to wake up to yourself, your life, you.

Its a very disturbing feeling when this starts to happen, you watch the world around you as you walk through it, along its streets. You become immune to its feelings and suddenly try to find where do I fit in to all this, do I fit in to all this and a million others questions run through your mind so fast. Alcoholics refer to it as a moment of clarity, a point where the sober reality crosses into drunken illusions and they can see and suddenly understand the foundation and meaning of life for a split second. Religion refers to it as awareness, ancient gods like Odin refer to as awakenings, and our own society refers to it as losing your mind.
The difference with me was I knew when she would make that call, I’d gotten her calling card and awaited her visit with some fear but more of a longing to end this, end me, end the sadness that rooted itself in the very depths of what was left of this heart inside of me.

It was around 11.30pm; standing on Howth pier, in the distance I could look back over my shoulder and see the lights of the nightclubs and bars. I could just make out the people falling out pubs stumbling along looking for their next drink, the next bar. All heading to where the loudest music was screaming from.

Saints was the name of the night-club, I’d worked there not to long ago, I always thought it was rather an irony to call it saints when the last thing you'd find in there was an angel or saint but more like the sinner or scum or whatever, anything, but nothing human. But it was in that very depths of this sin and lowlife that this journey of mine started , and has me now standing here watching these waves crash against the rock wall of this pier, wondering which one is the one that will take me.
Take me away to what I have been taught and forced to believe is a better place, if one ever exists.

Looking back now is very easy, yet I’d never change my life up to this moment for a second. Even knowing what I am about to do here within this moment, this night I realise all my descions where right. It took me where I had to go and my destination was here.

God has a very strange way showing you and teaching you about life, he will pick you up in his hands and lift you up so high, and just when you think your going to reach heaven itself he will let go, let you fall,. and when you hit the ground its like no other pain you can ever feel because the pain is an emotion, I call it falling, falling in love. And he does this to us to teach us we're still mortal beings at the end of it all. to make us feel something, anything,he still can and does take us off that pedistal, makes us feel weak again, make us feel human every now and then.

I use to have this saying that I could rhyme off to myself, they say there’s a devil in hell, but I say the devil is man and hell is the earth.
Don’t get me wrong I do believe in God to some extent, I talk to him although it feels like I’m talking to my own sub conscious, but at least when things didn’t work out, I had someone to blame and curse, anyone is better than blaming yourself. Come to think of poor old god takes a lot a flak from us mortals, maybe that’s why we have so much faith in him and not in ourselves.

I blame a lot on my condition, on my father. And I call it a condition because it is a disease that can be cured if we want it to be.
It's all based on experiences and what we decide to learn from it all.
At the the very young and naive age of 8 he decides our family should see the world like he did, learn from his travels and experiences, let me tell you this is a man that has and had no compassion for anything not even himself.
To take a 8 year old around the world and try to move his life, his friends. his only relation to what is his only reality is, around the world is like trying to ride a bike with no wheels, the bike will head where you ever you point it but the wheels are the one thing that have got to turn.
I didn’t want to turn, I was 8, and the world was flat.

The experience was probably the best education I ever got, 16 different schools, 7 different countries and my fathers wise words ringing in my ear to justify it all, "grow up son, this is the world, you take it or it will take you". I didn't want the world, I was no Hitler. I was 8, I was happy in my own little tribe, in my own little village and we didn’t care if the world was round or square.

the rain started to drizzle down and then like a broken hearted soul started to pour down from the heavens. each and every drop running down and curving around my face like a mother’s hand, trying to reassure her son everything was going to be alright, when she knows it wasn't.

looking back at the the main strip of road covered in its neon lights and brightly dressed patrons started me thinking of the good old days as they say. when I worked the clubs and bars and all the characters I meet that I changed or influenced or changed and educated me. I think at some stage, everyone should work in a bar at one point in their life, because of the understanding and mind-opening experiences it gives them can not be taught by no man, but only by mankind itself.

My heart felt so heavy, like it dropped right out of me. I suddenly got that feeling that I had carried for a long time. the emotion that drops to the depths of of the soul itself. It’s like being stabbed in the chest yet there is no knife. Just a pain and immense feeling of loss and you cant feel anything else.

And yet i have returned to nothing, and yes, i'm scared.
i am venturing now on a new journey, one alone but two in my heart.
i have become so much stronger but so weak.
yet destiny seems like a game now, its challenging me for my next move.
and i not an amateur player, i know this game, its a very sad game and it hurts, but thats life.

I loved Maeve, and I realise now that I always will. It was a love that inspired poets and writers, Romeo and Juliet wasn’t even close, Shakespeare couldn't speak from his heart, I can, I know, I have felt this love.

It’s a love and pain I knew I would carry for the rest of my life. It’s a love and a pain I know will destroy the rest of my life. But I am happy knowing that I once felt and loved something that was once so beautiful. Rather than spending the rest of my life looking for for this emotion in bars, clubs all the places you’ll never find it. If you never feel it , you’ll never know what you’re looking for. You will just know its missing from you.

And now it was missing from me, lost from me, along this road of life.
And all I want to do is run back down this road, I want to take a different turn, I want to follow a different road. This is not where I ever wanted to head, I know its destination but I never thought I’d make it to the final stop.

I never thought I lose Meave, never. I never thought Meave could ever die, it never crossed my mind that one day i would die,she would die, not to us.
this is a bad feeling to have at such a young age. you just got 40 years older in a second.
but with her i was always young, my soul was always young and my heart would never stop beating for her.
yet sadness is now all i can feel. And only one question,
Why?.
And only one thought,
I will always love you....Maeve.

Then I taught of Maeve, then I seen Maeve again in my mind, in my heart where she always was when I needed to look for her or find her.
And I could feel the heavy weight of tears slowly run down my face as they have done ever since the day I lost her.
 TASAL
Msg: 10
Posted: 5/8/2009 6:19:46 PM
and btw that is copyrighted
 justlittlestaryme
Msg: 11
view profile
History
Posted: 5/9/2009 7:09:47 AM
That was beautiful Tasal, you have a wonderful talent
 GDAE4u
Msg: 12
Posted: 5/23/2009 5:56:24 PM

Shakespeare couldn't speak from his heart, I can, I know, I have felt this love.

Maybe so, but at least he was able to write!
 loveswine
Msg: 13
Posted: 5/31/2009 4:53:35 AM
For me it was my Da that opened my eyes to the wonderful human beings that Irish folk are as he was kind and charming and full of the utmost love for my Mum everyday. The Irish are genuinely honest and good people and I would have no hesitation in trusting them with anything. I look forward to meeting all my Irish Relatives for the first time, in two weeks, and I just know we will get along famously.
 thumperitis
Msg: 14
Posted: 6/6/2009 10:53:14 PM
My g'father and my daddy are Irish and they are the best men I have ever known. As far as the few Irish men I have met not related to me...the accent is HOT HOT HOT. And, they are a spirited, kind, loyal kind of guys, funny as heck too!!! There is a lack of Irish guys here where I'm from...too bad!!! Someday I will get to Ireland again...where my heart belongs. Now Gerard Butler, Scottish actor...is sooo HOT and his accent...mmmmm. Gotta love that brittish accent as well...accents are sexy!!!
 Dublingirl09
Msg: 15
Posted: 6/8/2009 8:51:06 AM
well if ya's can see love in the smallest of things why the need too play and abuse ur women i don't understand sweetie. well to me anyways theirs nothing like an irish man for the craic /laugh and for him too understand u they also always look after their own family and friends thats great in my book anyways but as a girl friend naw its a different story with some irish lads
 Dublingirl09
Msg: 16
Posted: 6/11/2009 3:06:38 AM
and they haven't experienced irish men first hand
(joking )
 candy3x
Msg: 17
Posted: 6/11/2009 2:08:27 PM
Most of you are polite and respectful, social, and thoughtful. MOST of the ones I'VE met, that is. I'm waaayyyyy over here in Seattle, but have been to Cork and the surrounding area a couple times, tracing family history. My youngest son's father is from Cork (6 weeks off the boat, when I met him... and he's still here!), and we were together 10 years--we're still great friends. Needless to say, I know plenty of Irish men--the very strong Irish community, here, and many friends and family, there.
Most of you seem to have a sense of honor, and take pride in that. That's what I appreciate the most, I believe. Etiquette is another thing... it's a fading art, here. The sense of family, closeness, loyalty, community.... All of those things are a plus.
And who can resist a Cork-man's accent?!?! Not even YOU, I dare say!
Sláinte!
~Lynn Ceiladh Grandin
 candy3x
Msg: 18
Posted: 6/11/2009 2:16:43 PM
RE: 10 DAYS OF RAIN

Werks fer me.

My youngest son's father use to read to me, and play his guitar and sing to me, at bed time. I'm a sucker for that stuff!
 kittycat111
Msg: 19
Posted: 6/16/2009 7:00:02 AM
for one they are very handsome , the accent is lovely, irish people are very kind and have a happy spirit. of course i am just talking about those i meet here in the states. i have noticed that at an irish festival that if they werent drinking they werent dancing. is there a connect between booze and feet. theres a lyric for you. my feet need booze to move. anyway .last time i wrote on one of these i was attacked because of my pictures . so i figure id try again to say something. hopefully this wont happen again. my pics are for art sake and nothing else.
 liklelolly
Msg: 20
Posted: 10/4/2009 4:32:48 AM
Its the accent ! I know a good few english girls and their mad for the Irish accent. Their a little shyer than some other races too.
 missx3
Msg: 21
Posted: 10/25/2009 5:08:39 PM
My irish guy took a lot more than 15 minutes, try hours. How sad. And what does word 'shag' have to do with sex? Shag is something you put on carpeting (shag carpet).
 missx3
Msg: 22
Posted: 10/25/2009 5:24:33 PM
Irish men.. where do I begin? I defy you to find any well known gorgeous actor (Irish American or otherwise) who doesn't have Irish blood. Some of the best cheekbones on the planet. My boyfriends, and marriage proposals, have been over 95% Irish. Just love to run my finger on the cheekbones. As for the poster, your post makes me remind women throughout the centuries to Be VERY CAREFUL when choosing a father for your child! So many men are cold and hardened by their particular view of life that they tell their child, who deserves to be a child, to 'grow up'. That was his interpretation of the world, it doesn't have to be ours. It is odd how so many of us are born to the wrong parents. Many others would have loved to travel, others, like me, feared travel as a child.

Just be very wary of constantly talking about your old one true love if you are looking for a new woman. Most women don't want to hear about a man's love for a former woman. If u are here looking for a new relationship, that is. Some are better off remaining single (that is why widows and widowers sometimes never re-marry) and not exposing women to living in the shadow of your love for someone else! EVERY woman deserves to be #1 to some man, to be a man's love of their life. My grandmother lost the one true love of her life, and that was it. Never dated again. Her attitude, and mine, was ' I had the love of my life, be very glad and fortunate you found it.. no need to look again'.

There are too many men who just happen to be of Irish descent looking at other women (here and as it appears in films, etc) What is that, the Spanish/ Italian thing? Whatever your nationality or what you were taught is no excuse. Women don't like it. It shows a disrespect. A lot of you talk about your mothers.. treat your wife with the same respect and honor you often give your MOTHER and the relationships would work wonderfully. People from my part of the world don't honor their mothers the way they seem to in the Irish culture. But it comes time to cut the apron strings! A man leaves his mother and cleaves to his wife. So it say..

If you want to stay single, don't marry. When u are married, staring and turning your head to look at females , or having sex with other women when u are married, is a break of the marriage vow.
Posted: 10/25/2009 6:11:23 PM
Irish man/living there?

Been there done that got the T-Shirt to show for it!
 Siobhan1972
Msg: 24
Posted: 10/27/2009 5:51:47 PM
Wanna Swap! Some Irish men my dear are jerks.Why when you arrive here bring your own interpreter.Don't be too smitten by them.I am stuck here but would love to swap
places with you.
 colourmeonce
Msg: 25
Posted: 2/26/2010 6:06:17 PM
I love the accent. Really makes up for a whole world of short comings. Movies like "P.S. I Love You" help.
Show ALL Forums  > Ireland  > Why The World LOves Irish Men