Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Ireland  > Why The World LOves Irish Men      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 c0mftn
Msg: 2
Why The World LOves Irish MenPage 1 of 6    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6)
Under dog. The world loves to root for the under dog.
 *Sassy Redhead*
Msg: 5
Why The World LOves Irish Men
Posted: 5/4/2009 9:47:22 PM
I wish more Irish men would come to the States then!
 witchychick32
Msg: 6
Posted: 5/5/2009 3:30:14 PM
I'm an American Woman,and Irish guys are my favorite. I love the accent. lol:) I love Ireland,too and wish I lived there. I am going to be going there asap.
 justlittlestaryme
Msg: 11
Posted: 5/9/2009 7:09:47 AM
That was beautiful Tasal, you have a wonderful talent
 loveswine
Msg: 13
Posted: 5/31/2009 4:53:35 AM
For me it was my Da that opened my eyes to the wonderful human beings that Irish folk are as he was kind and charming and full of the utmost love for my Mum everyday. The Irish are genuinely honest and good people and I would have no hesitation in trusting them with anything. I look forward to meeting all my Irish Relatives for the first time, in two weeks, and I just know we will get along famously.
 thumperitis
Msg: 14
Posted: 6/6/2009 10:53:14 PM
My g'father and my daddy are Irish and they are the best men I have ever known. As far as the few Irish men I have met not related to me...the accent is HOT HOT HOT. And, they are a spirited, kind, loyal kind of guys, funny as heck too!!! There is a lack of Irish guys here where I'm from...too bad!!! Someday I will get to Ireland again...where my heart belongs. Now Gerard Butler, Scottish actor...is sooo HOT and his accent...mmmmm. Gotta love that brittish accent as well...accents are sexy!!!
 candy3x
Msg: 17
Posted: 6/11/2009 2:08:27 PM
Most of you are polite and respectful, social, and thoughtful. MOST of the ones I'VE met, that is. I'm waaayyyyy over here in Seattle, but have been to Cork and the surrounding area a couple times, tracing family history. My youngest son's father is from Cork (6 weeks off the boat, when I met him... and he's still here!), and we were together 10 years--we're still great friends. Needless to say, I know plenty of Irish men--the very strong Irish community, here, and many friends and family, there.
Most of you seem to have a sense of honor, and take pride in that. That's what I appreciate the most, I believe. Etiquette is another thing... it's a fading art, here. The sense of family, closeness, loyalty, community.... All of those things are a plus.
And who can resist a Cork-man's accent?!?! Not even YOU, I dare say!
Sláinte!
~Lynn Ceiladh Grandin
 candy3x
Msg: 18
Posted: 6/11/2009 2:16:43 PM
RE: 10 DAYS OF RAIN

Werks fer me.

My youngest son's father use to read to me, and play his guitar and sing to me, at bed time. I'm a sucker for that stuff!
 kittycat111
Msg: 19
Posted: 6/16/2009 7:00:02 AM
for one they are very handsome , the accent is lovely, irish people are very kind and have a happy spirit. of course i am just talking about those i meet here in the states. i have noticed that at an irish festival that if they werent drinking they werent dancing. is there a connect between booze and feet. theres a lyric for you. my feet need booze to move. anyway .last time i wrote on one of these i was attacked because of my pictures . so i figure id try again to say something. hopefully this wont happen again. my pics are for art sake and nothing else.
 missx3
Msg: 21
Posted: 10/25/2009 5:08:39 PM
My irish guy took a lot more than 15 minutes, try hours. How sad. And what does word 'shag' have to do with sex? Shag is something you put on carpeting (shag carpet).
 missx3
Msg: 22
Posted: 10/25/2009 5:24:33 PM
Irish men.. where do I begin? I defy you to find any well known gorgeous actor (Irish American or otherwise) who doesn't have Irish blood. Some of the best cheekbones on the planet. My boyfriends, and marriage proposals, have been over 95% Irish. Just love to run my finger on the cheekbones. As for the poster, your post makes me remind women throughout the centuries to Be VERY CAREFUL when choosing a father for your child! So many men are cold and hardened by their particular view of life that they tell their child, who deserves to be a child, to 'grow up'. That was his interpretation of the world, it doesn't have to be ours. It is odd how so many of us are born to the wrong parents. Many others would have loved to travel, others, like me, feared travel as a child.

Just be very wary of constantly talking about your old one true love if you are looking for a new woman. Most women don't want to hear about a man's love for a former woman. If u are here looking for a new relationship, that is. Some are better off remaining single (that is why widows and widowers sometimes never re-marry) and not exposing women to living in the shadow of your love for someone else! EVERY woman deserves to be #1 to some man, to be a man's love of their life. My grandmother lost the one true love of her life, and that was it. Never dated again. Her attitude, and mine, was ' I had the love of my life, be very glad and fortunate you found it.. no need to look again'.

There are too many men who just happen to be of Irish descent looking at other women (here and as it appears in films, etc) What is that, the Spanish/ Italian thing? Whatever your nationality or what you were taught is no excuse. Women don't like it. It shows a disrespect. A lot of you talk about your mothers.. treat your wife with the same respect and honor you often give your MOTHER and the relationships would work wonderfully. People from my part of the world don't honor their mothers the way they seem to in the Irish culture. But it comes time to cut the apron strings! A man leaves his mother and cleaves to his wife. So it say..

If you want to stay single, don't marry. When u are married, staring and turning your head to look at females , or having sex with other women when u are married, is a break of the marriage vow.
Posted: 10/25/2009 6:11:23 PM
Irish man/living there?

Been there done that got the T-Shirt to show for it!
 colourmeonce
Msg: 25
Posted: 2/26/2010 6:06:17 PM
I love the accent. Really makes up for a whole world of short comings. Movies like "P.S. I Love You" help.
 mibra
Msg: 26
Posted: 2/27/2010 3:46:05 PM
Irish men are really cute and hot. I have to agree with it.
 the happy cooker
Msg: 27
view profile
History
Posted: 2/28/2010 8:05:51 PM
OMG I travelled to Ireland almost two years ago and it was the best trip of my life. I loved everything. I have also met some Irish men that I think are great, funny, know how to say and feel things, and are lots of fun. I tasted a Giness for the first time in a pub in Ireland with two of our Irish travellers. I met an Irish doctor who was amazing and could have been my kind of man if he was single. He was funny and smart, and so aware of life.
 januaryamber82
Msg: 28
Posted: 3/1/2010 11:01:59 AM
You are quite talented. Do you still write? Oh and since this is "Why The World LOves Irish Men", I believe it is in the different point of view these men have and of course the accent.

flyin squirrel
Msg: 31
view profile
History
Posted: 3/1/2010 10:54:49 PM
Yeah I love Irish guys...their accent = bonus points in my book....so hot!
 KyleFi
Msg: 32
Posted: 3/2/2010 1:23:31 AM
I left Ireland when I was about 3 and I never get those comments so I don't know what you are talking about lol.
 mibra
Msg: 34
Posted: 3/2/2010 8:32:13 PM

I love Irish guys...their accent = bonus points in my book....so hot!

I am not an accent fetish lol... I will be puzzled if someone tells me he thinks my Cantonese accent is sexy. But the Irish I met are really great. I like their straight-forward manner and the tough looks lol... It is cute -- they are soft inside but always pretend that they are very tough and strong.

I don't know why my impression of Irish guys is just as my friend said "MAN, VERY MAN". Sometimes they did things stupid but everyone did stupid things --- the difference is the Irish I met all just laughed at their mistakes and moved on right away... --- they did react and move on very fast. I was impressed!

By the way I love Giness too. The first time it tasted a bit strong and bitter; the second time I tasted a very nice feeling ... it is hard to describe ... but it will make you get addicted.
 lilempathy77
Msg: 35
Posted: 3/4/2010 11:50:00 AM
I concur! I need to move to Ireland! lol
 mibra
Msg: 36
Posted: 3/4/2010 9:13:54 PM

lol moving to ireland isn't very easy. immigration rules are quite strict.

I am happy with my life in Canada lol but I would like to spend some time there.... There is a 9-12 days travel package called as "Walk Across Ireland" --- it seems very attractive.
 mibra
Msg: 38
Posted: 3/5/2010 5:55:23 PM

Yes there's also an Irish travel package called 'Walk from Canada to Ireland' I believe that's rather attractive too.

Hahaha... that sounds like a long journey. I wish I could afford it.
 mibra
Msg: 40
Posted: 3/6/2010 11:16:54 PM
Thanks everyone. I do planning for a trip there... not sure when but I think it will come sooner or later. After the study of culture and tourism things, I think I will be confident enough to explore... lol not for an Irish man, but more for the curiosity. Things will be very interesting.
 mibra
Msg: 41
Posted: 3/6/2010 11:19:28 PM
Sorry Grammar/typing mistakes again... great pity that this website doesn't have an edit function. Forgive me. lol
 mibra
Msg: 43
Posted: 3/7/2010 12:28:44 AM
I am impressed everyone... and,
Thank you, Silverfix! ^_^
I am a solo traveller and always looking for a reason for the new designation ... It is not a big deal but the fairytale style does work well for the motivation hahaha...
I happened to date a couple Irishmen by chance ...Feel so grateful for the amazing experience I had.
The rumour maybe come from me.... I do figure out they are great lovers and also great friends though the relationship didn't work out. The passion and feelings I had experienced are much stronger than any others I met before. ^_*
However, my Irish friends seem to have lots sensitive areas; when those things were mentioned, they didn't feel comfortable but never tell me to stop until they were way too stressed out!
Guys in Canada are easier to deal with --- when girls ask questions they feel uneasy to deal with, they just laugh and say "Stop! Why are you so boring?!" or "Stop pushing the button please!" Then everyone will laugh and change the topics. No one will feel bad after it (I guess we just forget things too quickly lol ). I think I still need to explore more in the culture differences...
Show ALL Forums  > Ireland  > Why The World LOves Irish Men