Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Ireland  > Why the need to ignore people      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 one_of_the_nice_guys
Msg: 1
Why the need to ignore peoplePage 1 of 2    (1, 2)
Now first of all i can understand some people might get alot of messages and so on but why the need to read someones message ignore it and dont bother to reply??

No matter who messages me weather there my type or not i always reply like but nearly half the time i message a girl on here lot them will not bother to reply to you after they read your message.

I dont get this cause all im doing is being nice nothin weird or looking for sex or any that stuff simply just starting a conversation.

So whats the need ??
 CartoonLoon
Msg: 2
Why the need to ignore people
Posted: 5/2/2009 5:31:43 PM
oh well you see they have the bad luck of being female and on a this site where they get hundreds of emails and IM spam so you just gotta ignore it and keep on truckin.
My friend signed up here recently and she got like hundreds of retarded mail with stuff like "hi" "hows it goin" etc
 MalaSam
Msg: 3
Posted: 5/3/2009 4:11:43 AM
This might help answer your question.

http://forums.plentyoffish.com/datingPosts11778695.aspx

http://forums.plentyoffish.com/datingPosts11077899.aspx

Dont get dishearted, and dont take it personally there are lots of reasons why girls dont reply, just accept it and enjoy the rest of the POF experience.
 white_wave
Msg: 4
Posted: 5/3/2009 2:20:06 PM
I tried talking to u and to no avail.. :P
 one_of_the_nice_guys
Msg: 5
Posted: 5/4/2009 3:24:51 AM
Well ya i know what some of ya s are saying but i dont send messages with just 4 words in them lol i usually give bit of info on myself and try start up a conversation.

But sure not to worry could be worse lol :-)
 white_wave
Msg: 6
Posted: 5/4/2009 5:41:56 AM
I did have.. but that was on my old account mother!! lol
 SexyDubboy
Msg: 7
Posted: 5/4/2009 1:38:14 PM
I brought up the same discussion once before mate and all i got was abuse.. whatever you do though dont ask your woman malasam for any feedback on your question as she likes to be smart in her replies to people as i believe she is having no luck on this site whatsoever. ans still having sleepless nights over my opinions on ignorant women lol good luck man
 MalaSam
Msg: 8
Posted: 5/4/2009 1:54:42 PM
Jesus Christ Flame baiting again............but I just cant help myself in biting back.

The thread that you started was called ' Why are Irish girls such arseholes?' and was deleted by the mods.

As for the OP, if your nice to the girls on here Im sure you will find what your looking for
 Munsterbear
Msg: 9
Posted: 5/4/2009 2:01:42 PM
Have to be honest and I've ignored one or two. Sometimes it may be just the mood I'm in. It's definitely not the fact that my inbox is to the brim. But sure don't want that either.

So sorry if I've ignored people. I shouldn't be in such a rush.
 davlaa
Msg: 10
Posted: 5/4/2009 5:11:45 PM
Ah for Bods sake folks can we not just get along? Lets call it like it is cos I've had more than a few emails with read/deleted on them and not so much as a 'blow it out your ass' for my troubles! My attitude towards that kinda s*^t is that people who dont have the decency to respond to a mail are narrow minded...lets face it the absolute worst thing that might happen is that you dont connect with someone at all. But if you dont take the chance and hit reply you'll never know!

You might just find you've made a friend and if you're really lucky you'll meet someone with whom you reallyhit it off; I'd like to urge everyone to be openminded and to remember the wise words of Dr. Martin Luther King - 'Faith is taking the first step, even when you don't see the whole staircase. '
 w0rk 0f art
Msg: 11
Posted: 5/5/2009 5:34:56 AM
Maybe you should put more effort into your profile... If you were in my age category, I would quickly dismiss you too...

The downside of online dating is that our wonderful personalities don't show through with a few lines...
 kirk763
Msg: 12
Posted: 5/5/2009 5:47:37 AM
It's just not possible to always reply to every "hi, how are you" you ever receive. I try and reply to most people who contact me...but sometimes when you have quite a few messages, one or two can slip through the cracks. No need to be so overly sensitive people...if I don't hear back from someone, I assume that they are not interested and forget about it... And, remember thay many females receive bucket loads of messages every day, so they are bound to not bother with some of them!
 CartoonLoon
Msg: 13
Posted: 5/5/2009 10:56:08 AM
i got ignored like 99% of the time so i just stoped trying lol
 witchychick32
Msg: 14
Posted: 5/5/2009 3:33:10 PM
I'm a nice person but to be honest,I do it sometimes like if I'm not interested. I've also replied to guys before even if I wouldn't be interested in more than friendship with them if they mention something of interest to me.
 sassysuzzy
Msg: 15
Posted: 5/6/2009 5:08:00 PM
well the plain truth to that is their simply not interested,im sooo not being vain here as i believe its just because theres so much more men here than us gals but i get an awful lot of mail at times and when i first started i replied to every single one of them which wasnt only time consuming but bored the ass right off me and i found it only encouraged the guys i wasnt interested in to continue writing so aint it best not to give someone false hope?the 2 times i thought to b polite and reply saying"you seem like a really nice guy but not my type but wish u the best in your search"i got called a stuck up fussy **** so guess i just cant win!!

but hey i for one cant stand rudeness if someone says hi i always try say hi back but if im not interested i wont send a second mail.does that make me rude??
 J_in_SD*
Msg: 16
Posted: 5/7/2009 12:08:10 AM

nearly half the time i message a girl on here lot them will not bother to reply to you after they read your message.

So, more than half of them do? Not a bad average.
 celt6969
Msg: 17
Posted: 5/7/2009 3:51:17 PM
.................................U mad brah?
 jennyredbull
Msg: 18
Posted: 5/8/2009 2:00:29 PM
At the start I have to say I did ignore a few mails.
I clearly state in my profile why you should NOT message me, and if you do meet all the criteria, you should but some effort into it.
But I still got the " hi how are you". " hay babe how you tngt" "087159555 call me"
So if I have ignored you, its simply because you have ignored my profile on the way to my mail box.

Ive now upgraded from "ignoring" to ...."blocking"

Yea...I just coped on to that the other day and taught I was bleedin Rambo flicking threw the inbox to block them.
And you know what the funnnnyysst thing is...I dont even have to delete the message.
as soon as you block them....it deletes the message for you
 Benevolent Being
Msg: 19
view profile
History
Posted: 5/8/2009 2:10:12 PM
You're heartless Jenny but dead right, why put yourself through being bored stupid just because the fellas moan so much about being ignored.
 jasonbourne101
Msg: 20
Posted: 5/24/2009 11:51:18 AM
I,d be off the opion that you just can't talk to everyone on here..you have your few with whom you have a connection and are happy with them, there are many on here that its all just a load of attention seeking though ....... the men could do with improving their manners and the women could do with geting off their pedestals...
 corrie862
Msg: 21
view profile
History
Posted: 5/24/2009 9:32:18 PM
I would like to relate a Southern Belles' thoughts' on this subject. And, I may be from the ole' school, but, I was taught that , manners' matter!Correct me if I am wrong, but , I think I am right.Also, If you, with a male profile, with looking for long term , would define what you mean by that, I would be most happy. I will not be holding my breath for that one.LOL Corrie, a confused Southern Belle
 corrie862
Msg: 22
view profile
History
Posted: 6/7/2009 6:05:36 AM
I may be on a Pedestal, But it is because a man put me there!I did not ask to be put in that place of no return.lol I have learned over the years', that, Men are from Mars, Women are from, Venus. Corrie
 corrie862
Msg: 23
view profile
History
Posted: 6/7/2009 6:11:39 AM
Awe! Honesty!!!!!!!!!!!! Don't find that much any more! Nice to know that there are still Mothers' bringing up their precious sons' with manners.Corrie, One daughter and Two sons later, I have grown to appreciate my strict up-bringing:
 sloaneranger62
Msg: 24
Posted: 6/13/2009 5:02:37 AM
Maybe the fact that you have not single and not looking on your profile puts them off?

If i see that on someones profile I always assume they are in a relatiosnhip and have put that up so the other person knows they are serious. Then when they go trawling all the other profiles it just looks sleezy!

It's like saying hey Im married but your pics are so nice, and as my wife is in bed i'll wank over them.
 sloaneranger62
Msg: 25
Posted: 6/13/2009 5:05:19 AM
JENNY I too thought blocking was the best but then they make some fake profiles and start harassing you big time when they cant get the mails through....
Show ALL Forums  > Ireland  > Why the need to ignore people