Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Creative/Writing  > Farming tales      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Pikka
Msg: 1
Farming talesPage 1 of 1    
Farming is not normally associated with the words exciting, adrenalin producing or wildly thrilling but when it is, it is usually accompanied with a setting a movie director would love, dark or pouring rain. The most difficult challenges are often accompanied by both just so the final triumph is that much more satisfying, but only in recollection and after a certain amount of time has passed.

It was morning, well technically, it was morning. The red blocky numbers displayed a time I preferred not to be familiar with, even though in these long days near summer solstice the birds were starting their morning chorus.

Since I’ve farmed, I’ve become a light sleeper and as I lay there in the dark, hearing the birds warming up, I was listening hard, silently straining to find the sound that had woken me. Sounds of past excitements darted through my mind, racoons murdering screaming chickens, the crunch of wood as the bear tore into the turkey house, the wild pounding of exhilarated hooves as the horses escape and run free down the road but I hear nothing matching these sounds.

That’s it! I hear nothing; there is no household noise, no hum of refrigerator, just a stillness. So how come my clock still works? My brain muzzily wrestles with this conundrum, as my body starts to slow down from alert status, oh, yah, emergency 9 v battery. My mind continues clicking pieces together; no power means no water, no shower, no porridge, no tea…. Sleep beckons, no power, no problem or at least problem for later so I lay there wrapped in warmth and silence and allow myself to float back down to sleep.

If you have any farming stories, add them.
Show ALL Forums  > Creative/Writing  > Farming tales